maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lead Obama and Clinton fundraiser is a serial perv
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223
Kevin Spacey is being unpersoned from a movie that was already in the can:

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/11/09/ ... -premiere/

Quote:
Hollywood To Memory-Hole Spacey Seven Weeks Before This Big Premiere

ED MORRISSEYPosted at 8:41 am on November 9, 2017

Last month, a friend and I finally went to see It, produced in part by Brett Ratner’s Ratpac films — just before six women went public with sexual assault allegations against the Hollywood mogul. One of the trailers that played before the film was for All the Money in the World, a retelling of the Getty kidnapping in the 1970s that stars Kevin Spacey as the strange J. Paul Getty. The Spacey allegations had just emerged, and I asked my friend during the trailer, “How many tickets do you think they’ll sell for this? Three?”

The film’s producers don’t want to know the answer to that question. Instead, with less than two months to go before the film opens, Ridley Scott will cut Spacey out of the film entirely and replace him with Christopher Plummer — all in seven weeks:

In an unprecedented bold move, director Ridley Scott, along with Imperative Entertainment’s Dan Friedkin and Bradley Thomas have decided to remove Kevin Spacey from their finished movie All The Money In The World. Christopher Plummer has been set to replace Spacey in the role of J Paul Getty. Re-shoots of the key scenes are expected to commence immediately. Scott is also determined to to keep the film’s December 22 release date. …

Spacey worked about eight to ten days on the film, but the character is an important presence even if much of the action in the thriller involves the frantic efforts of the kidnapped heir’s mother Gail Harris (Williams), and Getty’s advisor (Wahlberg) to free the youth. The nightmare escalated after the family received his severed ear as proof the kidnappers were going to kill him if the money wasn’t delivered.

It wouldn’t just be difficult to tell the story without Getty; it would be impossible. He was the man who had “all the money in the world,” after all. His refusal to pay for his grandson’s ransom is what makes the story distinctive and sets up all the rest of the drama. Unfortunately for the filmmakers, they got more drama with Spacey than they bargained for — a lot more drama.

TriStar, a unit of Sony, chose to withdraw the film from the AFI Fest this week after the scandal erupted. They went along with Scott’s efforts to reshoot with Plummer in order to rescue the work of “over 800 other actors, writers, artists, craftspeople and crew who worked tirelessly and ethically on this film, some for years, including one of cinema’s master directors.” Deadline’s Mike Fleming considers the grit shown by the filmmakers to reshoot the film “inspiring,” considering that they will have to reshoot about eight days of Spacey’s work. But even Fleming admits this is all about the marketplace:

Given the state of the current environment and news, it’s inspiring to see filmmakers fight for what is morally right, and the producers’ support of Scott gives the movie a chance for a fair shake in the marketplace and potentially in awards season, which would not have happened had Spacey’s scenes been left intact after the troubling allegations leveled against the actor.

I find myself a little less impressed with all of this last-minute reshuffling, which in business terms would be nothing more than salvaging a large investment that would otherwise surely go bust. Spacey’s conduct was another of Hollywood’s “open secrets,” according to reports coming out over the last week or two, especially on the set of his own production, House of Cards.

The filmmakers climbed into bed with Spacey (pardon the pun) either knowing this risk or failing to perform the due diligence this investment required. Spacey had a highly lucrative name at the time, a box-office booster; they made a market decision to cast him in the role for that reason. They chose to work with someone who had a reputation in their industry that surely hinted that their choice might backfire — and it has. Now it seems they’re more worried about getting the film into theaters quickly enough for Oscar contention and patting themselves on the back, which is something less than “inspiring.”

If they can pull this off, it would certainly be impressive. No film has ever suffered by having Plummer as part of its cast, and the stink from Spacey will dissipate enough for the film to have a shot at some box-office success. That’s the bottom line here — not Sony’s corporate conscience, nor the grit of the director and producers. It’s about all the money in the world.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:10 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 12839
Ellen DeGeneres's wife accuses Steven Seagal of sexual harassment...

Quote:
Actress Portia de Rossi has accused actor and producer Steven Seagal of sexual harassment.

The Arrested Development actress, who is married to US talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, made the allegation in a tweet posted on Wednesday night.

She alleges that during a film audition Mr Seagal told her "how important it was to have chemistry off-screen" before unzipping his trousers.

Mr Seagal's manager told BBC News that the actor had no comment.

My final audition for a Steven Segal movie took place in his office. He told me how important it was to have chemistry off-screen as he sat me down and unzipped his leather pants. I️ ran out and called my agent. Unfazed, she replied, “well, I didn’t know if he was your type.”
— Portia de Rossi (@portiaderossi) November 8, 2017

The 65-year-old is best known for his action roles during the 1980s and 1990s, including Under Siege and Flight of Fury. He was given Russian citizenship by President Vladimir Putin in 2016.

Several other women have come forward to accuse Mr Seagal of inappropriate behaviour and harassment, including the Good Wife actress Julianna Margulies and model Jenny McCarthy.

He is the latest person in Hollywood to stand accused of sexual harassment or sexual assault after women began coming forward about producer Harvey Weinstein.

Harvey Weinstein has denied all allegations of non-consensual sex made against him.

In the tweet, Ms de Rossi said her complaints about Mr Seagal's behaviour were dismissed at the time by her agent.

She did not specify what movie the audition was for or in what year the incident allegedly happened.

The Australian-American actress has been married to television host Ellen DeGeneres for nine years.

Ms DeGeneres shared Ms de Rossi's tweet with her 75 million followers on Thursday with the caption: "I am proud of my wife".

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:11 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10688
Maybe his leather pants were tight? Maybe he had a pair of woolen breeches under those leather pants.

I'm guessing if she didn't see a German army helmet under there then she was just overreacting.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:20 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
Ellen DeGeneres's wife accuses Steven Seagal of sexual harassment...

Quote:
Actress Portia de Rossi has accused actor and producer Steven Seagal of sexual harassment.

The Arrested Development actress, who is married to US talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, made the allegation in a tweet posted on Wednesday night.

She alleges that during a film audition Mr Seagal told her "how important it was to have chemistry off-screen" before unzipping his trousers.

Mr Seagal's manager told BBC News that the actor had no comment.

My final audition for a Steven Segal movie took place in his office. He told me how important it was to have chemistry off-screen as he sat me down and unzipped his leather pants. I️ ran out and called my agent. Unfazed, she replied, “well, I didn’t know if he was your type.”
— Portia de Rossi (@portiaderossi) November 8, 2017

The 65-year-old is best known for his action roles during the 1980s and 1990s, including Under Siege and Flight of Fury. He was given Russian citizenship by President Vladimir Putin in 2016.

Several other women have come forward to accuse Mr Seagal of inappropriate behaviour and harassment, including the Good Wife actress Julianna Margulies and model Jenny McCarthy.

He is the latest person in Hollywood to stand accused of sexual harassment or sexual assault after women began coming forward about producer Harvey Weinstein.

Harvey Weinstein has denied all allegations of non-consensual sex made against him.

In the tweet, Ms de Rossi said her complaints about Mr Seagal's behaviour were dismissed at the time by her agent.

She did not specify what movie the audition was for or in what year the incident allegedly happened.

The Australian-American actress has been married to television host Ellen DeGeneres for nine years.

Ms DeGeneres shared Ms de Rossi's tweet with her 75 million followers on Thursday with the caption: "I am proud of my wife".

Well, if Seagal has Russian citizenship then you can bet that should any arrest warrant be issued, Seagal would be on the first flight to Moscow and there would be no extraditing him back.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:28 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14634
chijohnaok wrote:

Well, if Seagal has Russian citizenship then you can bet that should any arrest warrant be issued, Seagal would be on the first flight to Moscow and there would be no extraditing him back.

Time to start watching for any other Whoreywoodsters shopping around for a second citizenship elsewhere. Just in case they plan to 'pull a Polanski' and flee.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:40 am 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

Time to start watching for any other Whoreywoodsters shopping around for a second citizenship elsewhere. Just in case they plan to 'pull a Polanski' and flee.

And they could claim that their reason for leaving is actually a protest because Trump was elected as president. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:17 am 
Sergeant Major

And the ripples just keep on rippling.....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ms-1056852

Quote:
NOVEMBER 09, 2017 4:15pm PT by Bryn Elise Sandberg

HBO Cuts Ties With Louis C.K. in Wake of Misconduct Claims

The comic will be dropped from the network's upcoming comedy special ‘Night of Too Many Stars' and his past projects will be removed from its on-demand services.
HBO is parting ways with Louis C.K. in the wake of recent misconduct claims.

The premium cable network is dropping the comic from Night of Too Many Stars, its upcoming autism special, and is also pulling the C.K.'s previous standup specials and series from its on-demand services. The move comes after the Louie star was accused of sexual harassment by five different women in The New York Times on Thursday who claimed C.K. either masturbated in front of them or asked them permission to do so.

“Louis C.K. will no longer be participating in the Night of Too Many Stars: America Unites for Autism Programs, which will be presented live on HBO on November 18,” HBO said in a statement. “In addition, HBO is removing Louis C.K.’s past projects from its On Demand services.” C.K.'s other HBO projects include the short-lived 2006 comedy series Lucky Louie, along with comedy specials One Night Stand, Shameless and Oh My God.

C.K. was announced on Oct. 19 as a performer for Night of Too Many Stars, which will be hosted by former Daily Show personality Jon Stewart. Other appearances are expected by Stephen Colbert, Abbi Jacobson, Jordan Klepper, Hasan Minhaj, John Mulaney, Olivia Munn, John Oliver and Adam Sandler.

Night of Too Many Stars is one of a number of projects that C.K. is currently involved in. He has a film, I Love You, Daddy, that was scheduled to be released on Nov. 17, but its distributor Orchard says it is "giving careful consideration to the timing and release of the film and continuing to review the situation."

C.K. also has a massive overall deal at FX, where his Emmy-winning semi-autobiographical comedy Louie ran for five seasons. He also has a creator credit on Pamela Adlon's Better Things and Zach Galifianakis' Baskets. In addition, the comedian has a standup special deal with Netflix, an executive producer credit on Amazon's One Mississippi and his self-released dramedy Horace and Pete streams on Hulu.

While FX has yet to drop the actor-comedian from any of the many shows he is attached to there, the network did release a statement on Thursday: "We are obviously very troubled by the allegations about Louis C.K. published in The New York Times today. The network has received no allegations of misconduct by Louis C.K. related to any of our 5 shows produced together over the past 8 years... That said, the matter is currently under review.”

At this rate Hollywood is gonna run out of 'talent'.... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:21 am 
Hair in the soap

chijohnaok wrote:

More than one swamp needed to be drained. Funny how they're connected in some ways, and not just by lip$ervice.

Not even close to being done draining, though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:27 am 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

More than one swamp needed to be drained. Funny how they're connected in some ways, and not just by lip$ervice.

IIRC, Louis CK has put out some anti_Trump statements.
I wonder if some of his fans might claim that Trump is behind this, trying to silence him. :lol:

I suspect that more than a handful of these "rippled" guys are libtards.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:34 am 
Hair in the soap

chijohnaok wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

IIRC, Louis CK has put out some anti_Trump statements.
I wonder if some of his fans might claim that Trump is behind this, trying to silence him. :lol:

I suspect that more than a handful of these "rippled" guys are libtards.

Louis CK was always a virtue signalling metro-marxist douchebag.

Seeing a heavily skewed pattern?

His comedy also largely sucked.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 33  Next