maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lead Obama and Clinton fundraiser is a serial perv
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:23 am 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 7360
I like how His Holiness and Hilary all wait for 5 full days to condemn Weinstein, though I hear Hilary is not returning the campaign contributions, meanwhile Trump doesn't "specifically" condemn the KKK and Nazis within 24 hours of the Charlottesville incident and he is evil incarnate.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15259
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/movi ... .html?_r=0

Quote:
Rose McGowan Attacks Ben Affleck Over Harvey Weinstein: ‘You Lie’

By CARA BUCKLEY and MELENA RYZIK
OCT. 10, 2017

In a sign that the controversy over the producer Harvey Weinstein could engulf other people in the film industry, the actress Rose McGowan accused Ben Affleck of lying on Tuesday about his knowledge of Mr. Weinstein’s alleged sexual harassment and assaults of women.

Ms. McGowan, in a tweet and a subsequent email exchange with The New York Times on Tuesday night, said she had told Mr. Affleck that Mr. Weinstein had behaved inappropriately with her.

Mr. Affleck, who rose to stardom with help from Mr. Weinstein on the 1997 film “Good Will Hunting,” had said earlier Tuesday that he was “angry” over Mr. Weinstein’s alleged abuse of women, but he gave no indication of whether he knew about it. “I find myself asking what I can do to make sure this doesn’t happen to others,” Mr. Affleck said in a statement.

Hours later, Ms. McGowan addressed the tweet to Mr. Affleck accusing him of omitting information in his statement. She quotes him telling her that Mr. Weinstein had mistreated other women.

“‘GODDAMNIT! I TOLD HIM TO STOP DOING THAT’ you said that to my face,” Ms. McGowan wrote in the tweet. “The press conf I was made to go to after assault. You lie.”

Mr. Affleck has not responded to Ms. McGowan’s tweet. He did not respond to requests for further comment.

The Times emailed Ms. McGowan to confirm that she was asserting that Mr. Affleck knew about Mr. Weinstein’s mistreatment of her because she had told him, and that she was accusing Mr. Affleck of lying because his statement did not acknowledge awareness of Mr. Weinstein’s behavior.

“I am saying exactly that,” she replied to The Times. She wrote nothing further.

Mr. Affleck had been one of many Hollywood allies of Mr. Weinstein who remained silent following a Times report on Thursday about three decades of allegations of sexual misconduct by Mr. Weinstein and at least eight settlements with women. On Tuesday, The Times reported additional accusations by actresses including Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie, and The New Yorker published harrowing accounts of women who told of being raped by Mr. Weinstein.

Mr. Weinstein has denied the sexual assault accusations as described in The New Yorker and he has characterized other allegations as “off base.” But he has also apologized for “the way I’ve behaved with colleagues in the past.”

Mr. Affleck, in his statement posted to Twitter Tuesday, wrote that he was “saddened and angry” and that new reports of more serious assaults — which include accounts of forced oral sex — “made me sick.” But he did not say whether he knew anything about Mr. Weinstein’s treatment of women. Other actors, like Meryl Streep and Judi Dench, said they were unaware of the accusations, and Glenn Close said she had heard “vague rumors.”

In 1997, Mr. Weinstein reached a $100,000 settlement with Ms. McGowan after an episode in a hotel room during the Sundance Film Festival, according to the Times report on Thursday.

Ms. McGowan and Mr. Affleck appeared together in the 1997 movie “Going All the Way” and the 1998 movie “Phantoms.”

While several prominent actresses spoke out on Monday against Mr. Weinstein, Mr. Affleck was one of a small cadre of prominent male figures in Hollywood with ties to Mr. Weinstein who criticized him on Tuesday after the new reports in The Times and The New Yorker.

Matt Damon, Mr. Affleck’s longtime friend and film collaborator, said in an interview with Deadline on Tuesday that he “never saw” Mr. Weinstein harass or abuse women and that he would have put an end to it if he had. Mr. Damon’s and Mr. Affleck’s film careers were kicked off by “Good Will Hunting,” which Mr. Weinstein backed.

“This type of predation happens behind closed doors and out of public view,” Mr. Damon said. “If there was ever an event that I was at, and Harvey was doing this kind of thing and I didn’t see it, then I am so deeply sorry, because I would have stopped it.”

Several directors with close ties to Mr. Weinstein, such as Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez, have not responded to requests for comment this week, however. An email to the director Stephen Daldry also received no response, and a representative for the director James Gray said he was in production on a new film and unable to speak. Phyllida Lloyd declined to comment.

As more women have come forward, questions have swirled over who in Hollywood might have known something and even directly or indirectly enabled him or protected him. Roughly two dozen former assistants and young actresses have said the powerful and widely feared producer routinely asked them to his hotel room under the pretense of talking about roles or work, and then solicited massages while he was naked or wearing a bathrobe, or sexually forced himself on them.

Ms. Paltrow told The Times that when she was 22, Mr. Weinstein invited her to his hotel bedroom for a work meeting and later proposed a massage. She said she had fled in terror and later relayed the incident to her boyfriend at the time, Brad Pitt. Mr. Pitt confirmed that he later confronted Mr. Weinstein at a theater premiere and told him to never touch her again.

Mr. Affleck later dated Ms. Paltrow, though it is not known whether she relayed news of the incident to him.

George Clooney has also weighed in on the controversy, telling The Daily Beast in an interview that was published Monday night that while he was aware of rumors that young actresses had slept with Mr. Weinstein to get roles, he had been unaware of any misconduct or the settlements Mr. Weinstein had reached with women.

“I didn’t hear anything about that, and I don’t know anyone that did. That’s a whole other level, and there’s no way you can reconcile that,” said Mr. Clooney, who has worked with Mr. Weinstein repeatedly over 20 years. “There’s nothing to say except that it’s indefensible.”

Follow Cara Buckley on Twitter @caraNYT and Melena Ryzik @melenar.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:55 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15557
nelmsm wrote:
I like how His Holiness and Hilary all wait for 5 full days to condemn Weinstein, though I hear Hilary is not returning the campaign contributions, meanwhile Trump doesn't "specifically" condemn the KKK and Nazis within 24 hours of the Charlottesville incident and he is evil incarnate.

I think we can safely assume Hillary was not victimized. Not his type. ;)

Even so, the idea that the Dem higher-ups, who are intimately connected with Hollywood, did not know this was going on is bull crap.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:59 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11508
Matt Damon denies trying to kill a story on Weinstein back in 2004...

Quote:
Actor Matt Damon has denied trying to "kill" a story about Harvey Weinstein's behaviour when it was investigated by a reporter 13 years ago.

Sharon Waxman has said she looked into rumours that an employee of Weinstein in Italy was procuring women for him.

She said Damon and Russell Crowe called her to vouch for the employee.

But Damon has said he did not know the detail of the allegations. "I would never, ever, ever try to kill a story like that," he told Deadline.

"I just wouldn't do that. It's not something I would do, for anybody."

Waxman, who then worked for the New York Times, was ultimately unable to publish any allegations relating to Weinstein's sexual behaviour.

Weinstein had asked Damon and Crowe to call her, she told BBC Newsnight.

"That was Harvey's attempt to beat the story back," she said.

"They were calling me to vouch for this executive. They were calling me to say that they knew the guy, they hung out with him in Italy, and he seemed like a good guy."

Damon said Weinstein told him the New York Times story would be claiming the Italian executive "had no professional experience". He said the producer asked him to "tell her that he was a professional and you had a good experience, and that was it".

He said: "I was never conscripted to do anything. We vouch for each other, all the time."

Damon added: "I'm sure I mentioned to her that I didn't know anything about the rest of her piece, because I didn't."

The accusations that have now come out against Weinstein are "the kind of sexual predation that keeps me up at night", Damon said, adding that he had never seen inappropriate behaviour during time spent making films with Weinstein.

"I think a lot of actors have come out and said, 'everybody's saying we all knew'. That's not true," Damon said.

"This type of predation happens behind closed doors, and out of public view. If there was ever an event that I was at and Harvey was doing this kind of thing and I didn't see it, then I am so deeply sorry, because I would have stopped it."

Crowe hasn't commented.

Waxman claimed the 2004 New York Times story was "gutted" after "intense pressure" from Weinstein. The paper went on to break the story of the latest allegations at the weekend.

The New York Times's executive editor Dean Baquet, who wasn't working for the paper in 2004, said: "It is unimaginable to me that The Times killed a story because of pressure from Harvey Weinstein, who was and is an advertiser."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41581564

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:02 am 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
The joke is obviously a reference to Weinstein’s threats to ruin women’s careers and prevent them from becoming successful if they did not tolerate his sexual advances.
Another joke from Tina Fey’s 30 Rock was also a tell that Weinstein was infamous for being intimidating towards women.
“Oh please, I’m not afraid of anyone in show business,” Fey’s character tells Tracy Morgan’s. “I turned down intercourse with Harvey Weinstein on no less than three occasions… out of five.”

Just a coincidence that McFarlane referred to the NY Times? ;)

https://www.infowars.com/oscar-attendee ... -predator/

Many in Hollywood knew (or at least had heard rumors) of what was going on.

Ironic that McFarlane refers to the NY TImes.....

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:15 am 
Sergeant Major

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ben-affle ... rie-burton

Quote:
THE PLOT THICKENS

Ben Affleck Is Accused of Groping Actress Hilarie Burton

Hours after he made a statement condemning Harvey Weinstein’s predatory behavior, Ben Affleck was accused of groping.

Tom Sykes
TOM SYKES
10.11.17 5:15 AM ET

The pressure building on Ben Affleck over Harvey Weinstein’s Hollywood sexual-predation scandal exploded this morning after the actress Hilarie Burton claimed she was groped by the actor during his appearance on MTV’s Total Request Live, which she was then hosting, back in 2003.

Burton’s allegation, made on Twitter, came just hours after Affleck issued a carefully worded statement condemning Weinstein’s alleged three decades of assault and harassment of actresses, including Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Affleck’s statement, which came after five days of studied silence, was quickly slammed by Rose McGowan, the actress who has been instrumental in exposing Weinstein.

Tweet:
rose mcgowan ✔@rosemcgowan
Ben Affleck fuck off
4:10 PM - Oct 10, 2017

McGowan implied she had told Affleck all about her experience with Weinstein, and that he had reacted in a way that suggested he knew Weinstein was making a habit of harassing women. (Affleck and McGowan co-starred in the 1998 film Phantoms, which was distributed by Weinstein’s Miramax and released a year after an alleged episode between Weinstein and McGowan at a Sundance hotel room resulted in a $100,000 payout to McGowan.)

Tweet:
rose mcgowan ✔@rosemcgowan
@benaffleck “GODDAMNIT! I TOLD HIM TO STOP DOING THAT” you said that to my face. The press conf I was made to go to after assault. You lie.
4:25 PM - Oct 10, 2017

When a fan tweeted that Affleck might as well have “kept quiet,” another Twitter user wrote: “He also grabbed Hilarie Burton’s breasts on TRL once. Everyone forgot though.”

Burton, who starred in the show One Tree Hill, quickly jumped into the thread, confirming that she recalled the incident.

Tweets:
Shanice Brim @ShaniceBrim
Replying to @naimaism
He also grabbed Hilarie Burton's breasts on TRL once. Everyone forgot though.
Follow
Hilarie Burton ✔@HilarieBurton
I didn't forget.
7:45 PM - Oct 10, 2017

Hilarie then wrote: “I was a kid.”

Mr Affleck had better be careful or he will find himself on Weinstein's express train to oblivion.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:04 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Audio from a NYPD sting operation against Weinstein back in 2015. Creepy as fuck...

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15557
"Creepy" is not sufficiently robust. The guy is pathological. He makes Anthony Weiner look like St Francis.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

This was posted at Ace of Spades:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:30 pm 
Staff Sergeant

chijohnaok wrote:
Mr Affleck had better be careful or he will find himself on Weinstein's express train to oblivion.

There are no brakes on the rape train...

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next