maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lead Obama and Clinton fundraiser is a serial perv
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:13 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 12927
Corey Feldman has a plan to expose Hollywood pedo's...

Quote:
Corey Feldman has revealed his plan to expose a network of Hollywood pedophiles - an explosive and incriminating film which he says will cost $10million to make.

The 46-year-old actor has long referred to the network which he claims he is a victim of and which he says 'thousands' of others in the industry are aware of.

Since the revelations of Harvey Weinstein's abuse of women in the industry began emerging earlier this month, Feldman has reignited his crusade to expose other predators he says are still operating at the highest level.

Earlier this week, he spoke cryptically of his plan to bring them to justice in a string of tweets. Since then, he has been arrested for possession of marijuana and claims an attempt on his life has been made.

Defiant despite his growing fear, Feldman released a video on YouTube on Wednesday to lay out his plan for a film which he says will answer 'what everyone wants to know' and expose the predators he says have been preying on child stars for decades.

In order to make it and distribute it himself, without the interference with any of the studios or industry insiders who he says it will incriminate, he is asking for $10million in donations on an Indiegogo fundraising page.

As of 1.30pm, a mere few hours after uploading the campaign, he had raised $20,000.

Despite his promise not to involve anyone else in the film-making process, donors can buy an executive producer title with a $1million donation to the project.

For a donation of $100,000, they can have their name included in the film titles and a donation of $1,000 buys a 'personal email of gratitude' from Corey.

No one had taken the star up on the pricier options but several were baited by the $100 social media shout-out, the $50 signed CD (inside the US) and the $100 international signed CD for anyone outside the country.

The cash will also be used to pay for extra security for himself and his family in addition to a legal team he says he needs to expose the 'evil' group.

'What I'm proposing is a plan that I believe can literally change the entertainment system as we know it. I believe that I can also bring down potentially a pedophile ring that I've been aware of since I was a child,' he said.

Feldman said he could name six of the predators, one of whom is still 'very powerful'.

He said himself was a victim of them when he was a child actor in the 1980s.

'I've been living in fear and living with this my entire life. As most victims have, I've been made to feel awkward, misunderstood and I've been degraded at great levels,' he said.

'I know that there's thousands others that have experienced what I have experienced in the entertainment industry and I also know there's peers of mine who know what I'm talking about and know all the details but have been afraid to come forward with their own truths,' he added.

Last week, Feldman tweeted that he had a 'plan' to bring down the network of pedophiles which he has long referred to in interviews but who he has never identified.

On October 21, he and his band, Corey Feldman & The Angels, were arrested in Louisiana for marijuana possession in what he described as a random raid on their tour bus.

All were released from custody after providing proof of their legal prescriptions for it, he said.

Since then, he says he had a 'near death' experience when two trucks came 'speeding' towards him at the same time.

In his video, Feldman suggested both were prompted by his earlier remarks to expose the powerful network of child molesters.

'Ever since I even discussed the fact that I had this plan, my life has turned into utter chaos. I've experienced things like never before. I've been silenced my whole life but over the last few days, since I made that announcement, I've been arrested and had a near death experience last night where I felt like I was going to be killed,' he said.

'Several' of his bandmembers had suddenly quit in fear of their lives, he added, and he was now 'very alone'.

The film, he said, would be 'the most honest and true depiction of child abuse ever portrayed'.

Feldman promised to produce it 'with no censorship and no studio' to ensure it was unedited.

'I will make the film, produce it and I will self-distribute it to guarantee that it gets a theatrical release with your donations.

'Additionally, it will help me buy the security and the legal team that I need to help my family until the project is released.

'Once it's done, I believe we can revolutionize the film industry,' he said.

'Please join me in this fight, I know that together, we can stand strong. The time is now,' Feldman said at the end of his appeal.

Feldman shot to fame in the 1980s as a child actor in The Goonies, Gremlins, and Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter.

He was only 10 when he appeared in The Fox and the Hounds and 16 when he starred in The Lost Boys along with Corey Haim in 1987.

In the past, he has made repeated attempts to expose the network but none have ever resulted in the naming of those he says attacked him.

He even described how he was abused in an interview with police in the 1990s but was ignored because the officers at the time were questioning him over allegations against Michael Jackson, who he said did not harm him and who he considered a friend.

The statute of limitations had not been reached when Feldman made the remarks aged 22 in 1993. It has since long past.

In 2016, in another media interview, Feldman laid bare how both he and Haim were targeted.

'With me, there were some molestations, and it did come from several hands, so to speak, but with Corey, his was direct rape, whereas mine was not actual rape. And his also occurred when he was 11,' he told The Hollywood Reporter last year.

In 2013, during an appearance on The View, said their abusers were 'still out there'.

'There are people that did this to both me and Corey that are still working, they're still out there and they're some of the richest most powerful people in this business.

'They do not want me saying what I'm saying right now,' he said.

Host Barbara Walters pushed back: 'Are you saying that they're pedophiles? And that they're still in this business?' Feldman emphatically answered 'yes' to both questions.

She then said: 'You are hurting an entire industry'. The video resurfaced this week as fears of the wide-spreading Hollywood sex scandal extended to child stars.

Some accused Walters of trying to silence Feldman. The View producer Bill Geddie defended her in a podcast this week, saying: 'You should know that this didn’t happen without Barbara digging into it.

'Barbara exposed all this . . . Barbara made this happen.'

In 2011, after Haim's death, he told Nightline: 'I can tell you that the No. 1 problem in Hollywood was and is and always will be pedophilia.

'That’s the biggest problem for children in this industry... It’s the big secret,' he said, comparing it to the Jimmy Savile abuse scandal in the United Kingdom.

A 2014 documentary called An Open Secret sought to shed light on the problem but it never found a home.

It has been released in full on Vimeo and can be watched for free in the wake of the Weinstein allegations.

Producer Amy J. Berg was threatened with law suits by the Screen Actors Guild and AFTRA for including reference to them in the film.

In an interview with Elle later, she said: 'I don’t think anyone takes it very seriously. I think the industry has accepted it as industry standard.'

She has supported Feldman's claims against Hollywood executives for years.

Both Feldman and Haim endured well-documented battles with drug and alcohol addiction after being catapulted into stardom as child actors.

Feldman's hints at a cover-up of pedophiles in the industry are not isolated.

On Sunday, veteran writer Paul Haggis made reference to his accusations and said they were 'worth considering'.

'It is not an innocent place and never has been. Most of this behavior has been aimed at women, but I am sure that former child stars such as Corey Feldman and Corey Haim, who have both made allegations in the past that no one took seriously, are worth considering, too.

'Were people covering for pedophiles, too? We have to think that may have happened as well, because no one speaks out about being abused just to benefit their career. I find it particularly terrible that people had their dreams held to ransom in that way,' he said.

Haggis has relocated from Hollywood to New York to work on new ventures and is convinced the golden days of tinseltown are over.

'It's finished,' he said of the industry in light of the growing claims of sexual abuse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hiles.html

inb4 Feldman turns up dead from a drug overdose.

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:35 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10688
I'm pretty sure one of my black Nannies touched me on my pee pee when I was in diapers. Is that worth any mileage these days?

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:24 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14634
Mac wrote:
Corey Feldman has a plan to expose Hollywood pedo's...
Quote:

inb4 Feldman turns up dead from a "drug overdose".

QFT

-added quotation marks on the presumed reason of death 4ya.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2401
chijohnaok wrote:
nero wrote:
But Bush the Older admits and apologizes.

President George HW Bush ‘sincerely apologizes’ for touching actress during photo shoot.

What did he do when younger?

#metoo :roll:

Nero, are you saying that Bush Sr touched your pee-pee?

Impossible, never seen Bush Sr.

But I have touched females, and females have touched me. :mrgreen:

#metoo

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:08 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223
And the ripples keep going....

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/25/media/m ... index.html

Quote:
Five women accuse journalist and 'Game Change' co-author Mark Halperin of sexual harassment

by Oliver Darcy @oliverdarcy
October 26, 2017: 8:35 AM ET

Veteran journalist Mark Halperin sexually harassed women while he was in a powerful position at ABC News, according to five women who shared their previously undisclosed accounts with CNN and others who did not experience the alleged harassment personally, but were aware of it.

"During this period, I did pursue relationships with women that I worked with, including some junior to me," Halperin said in a statement to CNN Wednesday night. "I now understand from these accounts that my behavior was inappropriate and caused others pain. For that, I am deeply sorry and I apologize. Under the circumstances, I'm going to take a step back from my day-to-day work while I properly deal with this situation."

MSNBC, where Halperin makes frequent appearances on "Morning Joe," said early Thursday that Halperin would leave his roles at that network and as an analyst at NBC News.

"We find the story and the allegations very troubling," MSNBC said in a statement. "Mark Halperin is leaving his role as a contributor until the questions around his past conduct are fully understood."

Widely considered to be one of the preeminent political journalists, Halperin, 52, has, among other career highlights, been political director at ABC News; co-authored the bestselling book "Game Change," which was made into an HBO movie starring Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin; and anchored a television show on Bloomberg TV. He is featured in Showtime's "The Circus," a show that chronicled the 2016 campaign cycle and the early days of the Trump presidency, and has a project in development with HBO, which, like CNN, is owned by Time Warner.

But women who spoke to CNN say he also had a dark side not made public until now. The stories of harassment shared with CNN range in nature from propositioning employees for sex to kissing and grabbing one's breasts against her will. Three of the women who spoke to CNN described Halperin as, without consent, pressing an erection against their bodies while he was clothed. Halperin denies grabbing a woman's breasts and pressing his genitals against the three women.

The women who worked with Halperin and who spoke with CNN did not report to Halperin. However, Halperin made many decisions about political coverage at ABC News, and had a voice in some critical personnel decisions. None of the women have said, though, that he ever promised anything in exchange for sex, or suggested that he would retaliate against anyone.

Still, while they no longer work with him, Halperin continues to wield influence in politics and media. The women who spoke to CNN said it was for this reason that they shared their accounts on the condition of anonymity. Others also said they still feel embarrassed about what happened to them and did not want to be publicly associated with it.

"Mark left ABC News over a decade ago, and no complaints were filed during his tenure," ABC News said in a statement provided to CNN after this article was published.

The first woman told CNN she was invited to visit his office in the early 2000s, when he was political director at ABC News, to have a soda, and said that while she was there with him he forcibly kissed her and pressed his genitals against her body.

"I went up to have a soda and talk and -- he just kissed me and grabbed my boobs," the woman said. "I just froze. I didn't know what to do."
When she did make her way out of his office, the woman told a friend at ABC News what had happened. That friend told CNN she remembered the woman telling her about the incident and seeing her visibly shaken.

The second woman, another former ABC News employee, described a similar experience in his office during the 2004 campaign cycle. This woman said she was around 25 years old then, and wanted to be a "campaign off-air" -- ABC News' term for one of the reporters who travel embedded with presidential campaigns -- so she reached out to Halperin, who was a part of the decision-making process regarding those assignments at the time.

"The first meeting I ever had with him was in his office and he just came up from behind -- I was sitting in a chair from across his desk -- and he came up behind me and [while he was clothed] he pressed his body on mine, his penis, on my shoulder," this woman told CNN. "I was obviously completely shocked. I can't even remember how I got out of there -- [but] I got out of there and was freaked out by that whole experience. Given I was so young and new I wasn't sure if that was the sort of thing that was expected of you if you wanted something from a male figure in news."

The woman said Halperin continued to express a sexual desire for her in subsequent visits, despite being rebuffed.

"It was more like him coming up too close to me and sort of along the lines of hugging me," she explained.

She also alleged that Halperin propositioned her for sex on the campaign trail.

"He would say, 'Why don't you meet me upstairs?' And I would say, 'That's not a good idea.' And he would push the request further," the person said. "Eventually I would just ignore him and go about my business."

One of the woman's friends has told CNN that the woman told her about the first incident, in Halperin's office. She said her friend had told her some time after the incident that Halperin had pressed his genitals against her while she was seated in his office, but did not recall being told about unwanted touching during subsequent visits or the alleged propositions for sex.

A third woman, also a former ABC News employee, told CNN she was on the road with Halperin when he propositioned her.

"I excused myself to go to the bathroom and he was standing there when I opened the door propositioning [me] to go into the other bathroom to do something," she said. "It freaked me out. I came out of the ladies' room and he was just standing there. Like almost blocking the door."

A fourth woman who worked with Halperin and was junior to him told CNN he once asked her late at night on the campaign trail to go up to his hotel room with him, and that she believed him to be propositioning her. She declined.

The fifth woman who spoke to CNN was not an ABC News employee at the time of the incident she alleges. She was not comfortable sharing specifics of her story for publication, but said Halperin, while clothed, placed his erect penis against her body without consent.

The women who spoke to CNN said that they did not report Halperin's behavior to management either because they feared retribution, given the level of power Halperin had at ABC and in the industry, or because they were embarrassed. In some cases, their fear of him and the sway he holds remains to this day.

The woman in the first account, however, said she told a mentor at ABC News who said he wanted to escalate the issue to management. It is unclear if that ever occurred.

CNN's investigation found that Halperin allegedly exhibited this type of behavior from the 1990s to the mid-2000s. CNN has not learned of any incidents after Halperin left ABC News.

Halperin joined ABC News in the late 1980s. In 1997 Halperin was named political director of ABC News, and rose to prominence with the advent of The Note, a morning digest newsletter previewing the day in politics. The Note became a must-read for industry professionals, and it catapulted him to the upper echelons of the political scene.

Halperin left ABC News in 2007 for Time magazine and joined Bloomberg in 2014 for a reported salary of $1 million. At Bloomberg, he co-anchored "With All Due Respect" with journalist John Heilemann. The show was simulcast on MSNBC for a period.

Halperin also found great success writing books. In 2010, he co-authored "Game Change" with Heilemann. The duo later published "Double Down: Game Change 2012," reportedly receiving a multi-million dollar advance. Halperin and Heilemann are currently working on a third installment about the 2016 election.

"For the last 11 years, I have had to watch this guy find success in every other news organization," one of the women who said she experienced harassment told CNN.

The allegations against Halperin come weeks after Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein was first publicly accused of sexual harassment and assault -- allegations that have prompted multiple police departments to launch investigations, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts to expel him, and his firing from the company he co-founded. (Weinstein denies all allegations of non-consensual acts.)

While the allegations against Halperin do not mirror the allegations against Weinstein, the fact that the women who spoke with CNN have chosen to do so now does reflect the larger discussion in entertainment, media, politics and other industries since the Weinstein scandal began. Women -- and men -- are talking about things that have long been rumored but have never been brought to light. Some people are feeling emboldened to tell those stories now. Others are looking back and regretting the things they didn't do.

One person who formerly worked with Halperin told CNN that while they were not aware of the extent of the alleged harassment, they believe they had heard enough to warrant reporting the whispers to management.

"In retrospect, I was such a coward," the person said. "I wish I said something. I wish I had done something."

CNNMoney (New York)

First published October 25, 2017: 11:35 PM ET

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:22 am 
First Sergeant

Where is the boundary between "sexual harassment" and "sexual innuendo?" That is what I want to know.

If you wink or smile, is THAT sexual harassment? If you otherwise engage in flirting without touching or use of profane language, is THAT sexual harassment?

Seems to me there might be a bit of a band wagon effect going on here. Cleary there is sexual assault, there is rape, and there is rude behavior, but "sexual harassment" is pretty damn vague. Are men supposed to interact with anyone who might perceive them as would-be harassers as if they are robots!? I wouldn't want to defend behavior which is clearly scummy or insensitive, but without details in any of these allegations+apology episodes it is difficult to know wtf these stories really are about.

Knowing as I did that this sort of thing is a thing, and working as I did with young nubile females, I myself made a point of ALWAYS being well within a robotic straight and narrow. The funny thing is, even when one acts asexual and robotic, some females will engage in suggestive behavior. The old "low cut blouse leaning on your desk" trick is the standard cliche, but there are plenty of others.

Heh, one time, many years ago when I was a young studly grad student Teaching Assistant running a lab for a Cultural Anthropology class, one day I am startled to realize that the young lady in the front row (who was quite a stunning looker btw) and who was wearing a short skirt, also was wearing NO PANTIES and was clearly making a demonstration of the fact to me by the fact that she had her legs spread sufficiently wide for me to see. She was clearly just trolling me, and this was so far back in ancient history that the idea of snapping a pic in order to pursue legal action for sexual harassment was not even a remote inkling.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:43 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
Where is the boundary between "sexual harassment" and "sexual innuendo?" That is what I want to know.

If you wink or smile, is THAT sexual harassment? If you otherwise engage in flirting without touching or use of profane language, is THAT sexual harassment?

Seems to me there might be a bit of a band wagon effect going on here. Cleary there is sexual assault, there is rape, and there is rude behavior, but "sexual harassment" is pretty damn vague. Are men supposed to interact with anyone who might perceive them as would-be harassers as if they are robots!? I wouldn't want to defend behavior which is clearly scummy or insensitive, but without details in any of these allegations+apology episodes it is difficult to know wtf these stories really are about.

Knowing as I did that this sort of thing is a thing, and working as I did with young nubile females, I myself made a point of ALWAYS being well within a robotic straight and narrow. The funny thing is, even when one acts asexual and robotic, some females will engage in suggestive behavior. The old "low cut blouse leaning on your desk" trick is the standard cliche, but there are plenty of others.

Heh, one time, many years ago when I was a young studly grad student Teaching Assistant running a lab for a Cultural Anthropology class, one day I am startled to realize that the young lady in the front row (who was quite a stunning looker btw) and who was wearing a short skirt, also was wearing NO PANTIES and was clearly making a demonstration of the fact to me by the fact that she had her legs spread sufficiently wide for me to see. She was clearly just trolling me, and this was so far back in ancient history that the idea of snapping a pic in order to pursue legal action for sexual harassment was not even a remote inkling.

Most large employers these days offer (or even require) some sort of periodic training (online or classroom) on sexual harassment. Most major employers will also have written policies on the subject.
Take the training. Read the policies. And then govern yourself accordingly.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:49 am 
First Sergeant

chijohnaok wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:

Most large employers these days offer (or even require) some sort of periodic training (online or classroom) on sexual harassment. Most major employers will also have written policies on the subject.

Which seems to suggest that in every one of these cases, the men involved "breached the code of conduct" for the employer?

I'm not talking about employer specific codes, I'm talking about the widespread societal standard that overarches those codes.

Let me put it another way: is flirtation flirtation as long as the female (or otherwise "disempowered" participant) believes it to be flirtation, but is otherwise "harassment?"

I certainly get that impression. Which means: the only safe bet is to interact with any coworker or client as if one is a robot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:13 am 
Sergeant Major

Anthropoid wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

Which seems to suggest that in every one of these cases, the men involved "breached the code of conduct" for the employer?

I'm not talking about employer specific codes, I'm talking about the widespread societal standard that overarches those codes.

Let me put it another way: is flirtation flirtation as long as the female (or otherwise "disempowered" participant) believes it to be flirtation, but is otherwise "harassment?"
I certainly get that impression. Which means: the only safe bet is to interact with any coworker or client as if one is a robot.

My bold emphasis above.

Just my non-professional opinion but I would suggest:
If you are in any sort of supervisory role (either directly or indirectly) over that person, then I suggest that you should be in your robot mode.

If neither of you is in a supervisory role over the other, then a little flirtation will probably not get you fired (or sued). Best NOT to do it as work/during work hours.

And if they ever say or even remotely imply "no" to the flirtation then quickly run away.

Even if that female acknowledges that it is simply consensual flirtation, do not forget that she can always change her mind. How many times have we read/heard of instances where a female willingly agrees to a quickie and then the next day has regrets and decided that they were raped/coerced against their will.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:20 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 12927

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 33  Next