maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lead Obama and Clinton fundraiser is a serial perv
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:50 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10688
You gotta think, if the dude was NOT culpable, he would surely issue some sort of explanatory "they're out to get me" sort of explanation. Chances are, he did what they claim and deserves all the grief. Still, without proof one cannot be sure, and in that climate, who knows which one of us is next?

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223
Anthropoid wrote:
You gotta think, if the dude was NOT culpable, he would surely issue some sort of explanatory "they're out to get me" sort of explanation. Chances are, he did what they claim and deserves all the grief. Still, without proof one cannot be sure, and in that climate, who knows which one of us is next?

There is a CNN piece about Franken's initial statement in reply to the first accusation:

Al Franken's absolutely awful apology
That was November 16th.

Then there is this article:

Al Franken’s Latest Apology is A(nother) Non-Apology
That was on November 27th (I am not sure of the timing but suspect the Nov 27th 'apology' was in response to a different accuser/incident.

He hasn't been tried and found guilty of anything and did offer himself up for an ethics investigation (which by account of other stories I have read is often a dead end).

8 different females have stepped up so far with allegations against Franken.
Allegations do not equate to guilt, but there is the old saying "where there's smoke there's fire".
AND, remember, his first accuser presented a photo that Franken had taken of himself groping her when she was asleep.
Franken didn't dispute the photo and said that he shouldn't have done it.
That certainly takes the situation a bit past the typical "he said/she said" scenario.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:40 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 12839
Expect Fanken's resignation tomorrow...

Quote:
WASHINGTON — More than half the Senate’s Democrats, including the Democratic leader, Chuck Schumer of New York, called for Senator Al Franken to resign Wednesday, after a sixth woman came forward to charge that the Minnesota Democrat had made an improper advance on her.

“Senator Franken should resign,” Mr. Schumer said in a statement. “I consider Senator Franken a dear friend and greatly respect his accomplishments, but he has a higher obligation to his constituents and the Senate, and he should step down immediately.”

Mr. Franken scheduled an announcement Thursday on his future in the Senate, and Minnesota Public Radio reported that he would be leaving.

“Enough is enough,” declared Senator Kirsten Gillibrand of New York.

That future does not look bright. Ms. Gillibrand was joined by Mazie Hirono of Hawaii, Claire McCaskill of Missouri, Patty Murray of Washington, Kamala Harris of California, Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin, Debbie Stabenow of Michigan, Maria Cantwell of Washington, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Tammy Duckworth of Illinois and Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire, who issued statements in a coordinated effort.

Senator Richard J. Durbin of Illinois, the No. 2 Democrat, added his support, as did Senators Bob Casey of Pennsylvania, Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Patrick Leahy of Vermont, Edward J. Markey of Massachusetts and Sherrod Brown of Ohio, and Tom Perez, chairman of the Democratic National Committee.

“It’s time for him to resign,” Mr. Durbin said. “It just seemed that the credible charges continued. I thought it might be an isolated incident or two. It seems to be that there was a pattern of conduct.”
Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage

As Harassment Accusations Multiply, a Question: Who Stays and Who Goes? DEC. 5, 2017
Al Franken Issues Apology After Accusation of Forcible Kissing and Groping NOV. 16, 2017
Al Franken, Battling for His Political Life, Apologizes for Groping NOV. 27, 2017

Recent Comments
Gaucho54 32 minutes ago

Why aren't these same Senate women and Schumer ALSO calling for the immediate withdrawal of Roy Moore?
Michael Cohen 32 minutes ago

And yet Roy Moore is still running for Senator and Donald Trump is still president.
Joe 32 minutes ago

Time to look into EVERY second of the lives of Schumer, Gillebrand, Murray and all the other holier-than-thou Dems. I expect this phony...

See All Comments Write a comment

Advertisement
Continue reading the main story

Ms. Gillibrand started the avalanche with an extended statement on Facebook.

“As elected officials, we should be held to the highest standards — not the lowest,” Ms. Gillibrand wrote. “The allegations against Sen. Franken describe behavior that cannot be tolerated. While he’s entitled to an Ethics Committee hearing, I believe he should step aside to let someone else serve.”

Mr. Franken has apologized for his behavior, but the senators said his admissions are not enough.

“I have been shocked and disappointed to learn over the last few weeks that a colleague I am fond of personally has engaged in behavior toward women that is unacceptable,” Ms. Gillibrand said. “I consider Senator Franken to be a friend and have enjoyed working with him in the Senate in our shared fight to help American families. But this moment of reckoning about our friends and colleagues who have been accused of sexual misconduct is necessary, and it is painful. We must not lose sight that this watershed moment is bigger than any one industry, any one party, or any one person.”

That was followed in rapid succession with other statements. Ms. Hirono said the effort was indeed coordinated.

“We have been in touch with each other,” she said. “It’s been difficult because I consider Al a friend. I’ve sat with him in two committees, but that doesn’t excuse his behavior.”

She added: “We’re at the point where I think that there can be a cultural change in terms of how women are perceived and treated in this country. This kind of bad behavior has been tolerated and ignored for far too long, but not today.”

The statements on social media came out in a blizzard.

I’m shocked and appalled by Senator Franken’s behavior. It’s clear to me that this has been a deeply harmful, persistent problem and a clear pattern over a long period of time.
It’s time for him to step aside.
— Senator Patty Murray (@PattyMurray) Dec. 6, 2017

Today, I am calling on my colleague Al Franken to step aside. I’ve struggled with this decision because he’s been a good Senator and I consider him a friend. But that cannot excuse his behavior and his mistreatment of women. (thread)
— Senator Mazie Hirono (@maziehirono) Dec. 6, 2017

Al Franken should resign.
— Claire McCaskill (@clairecmc) Dec. 6, 2017

I agree with my colleagues who have stepped forward today and called on Senator Franken to resign. We can’t just believe women when it’s convenient.
— Senator Bob Casey (@SenBobCasey) Dec. 6, 2017

The Democrats’ move in the Senate came after House Democrats had showed a similarly uncompromising stand against the accused Democrats in that body. Representative John Conyers Jr. of Michigan, the longest serving African-American House member in history, left Congress on Tuesday after Democratic leaders and rank-and-file called for his resignation, amid multiplying accusations of sexual harassment.

A freshman Democrat, Representative Ruben Kihuen of Nevada, has faced calls for his resignation since charges emerged Friday that he had repeatedly propositioned his former campaign finance director.

In contrast, Republicans have stayed mum since it emerged Friday that one of their own, Representative Blake Farenthold of Texas, used $84,000 from a secret taxpayer fund to settle a lurid sexual harassment case filed against him.

And Republicans are deeply divided over Alabama’s Republican Senate candidate, Roy S. Moore, who has been accused of sexually assaulting teenage girls as young as 14, yet has maintained the support of President Trump and other conservatives. The Alabama special election for the Senate seat once held by Attorney General Jeff Sessions is on Tuesday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/06/us/p ... esign.html

Meanwhile liberals keep dreaming...

https://twitter.com/funder/status/938557100887863297

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:42 am 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 7610
I'd bet right now that if the Governor of Minnesota was thought likely to appoint a Republican interim Senator there would be all kind of teeth gnashing about how he made a sincere apology and should be given a second chance and an opportunity to right his wrongs, etc, etc. but that Roy Moore was a horrible man and should be put to death.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:05 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16925
Franken gained his Senate seat with a razor thin margin (a couple of busloads of homeless people from Wisconsin or a medium sized "memory care" facilility.

It's extremely gratifying cosmic justice.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... party.html

Quote:
Kevin Spacey 'groped Norwegian royal under a table as he asked him for a cigarette during Nobel Peace Prize party', his alleged victim claim

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

Al Franken just announced his resignation "in the coming weeks" on the floor of the US Senate.

As with the prior articles that I previously cited, he did not really apologize to his alleged victims and did take a parting shot at both President Trump and AL Senate candidate Roy Moore.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5154937/Kevin-Spacey-groped-Norwegian-royal-Nobel-party.html

Quote:
Kevin Spacey 'groped Norwegian royal under a table as he asked him for a cigarette during Nobel Peace Prize party', his alleged victim claim

"Unhand the royal schlong, sir!"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:41 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10688
chijohnaok wrote:
Al Franken just announced his resignation "in the coming weeks" on the floor of the US Senate.

As with the prior articles that I previously cited, he did not really apologize to his alleged victims and did take a parting shot at both President Trump and AL Senate candidate Roy Moore.

Well that pretty much sums it up doesn't it! If he didn't do it, then he wouldn't apologize or resign in shame.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:54 pm 
Sergeant Major

Could it be said the Democrat Party has a "War on Men" :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next