maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: President Trump Just Gave Sheriff Joe Arpaio The News
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:27 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 8782
BREAKING: President Trump Just Gave Sheriff Joe Arpaio The News EVERYONE Was Waiting To Hear!

https://libertywriters.com/2017/08/brea ... ign=buffer

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: President Trump Just Gave Sheriff Joe Arpaio The News
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:46 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15557
Trump says "I won't do it tonight because it would cause controversy" but yet he is strongly hinting. :lol: :lol:

He's deliberately yanking the Left's chain again. This was a political prosecution of Arpaio from day 1. They HATE the guy.

Plus Trump attacks the two Republican Senators from Arizona IN Arizona. :lol: He says, "They don't want me to mention any names so I won't" but there are exactly two Senators (Flake and McCain), both of whom are opponents of Trump so everyone can fill in the blanks. There already are Trump supporters running against Flake. He SHOULD be worried. As for McCain it is pretty obvious he is going to sabotage everything Trump wants to do so there is not much to lose in criticizing him (other than beating up a guy with a serious medical problem)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:18 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15259
jack t ripper wrote:
Trump says "I won't do it tonight because it would cause controversy" but yet he is strongly hinting. :lol: :lol:

He's deliberately yanking the Left's chain again. This was a political prosecution of Arpaio from day 1. They HATE the guy.

Plus Trump attacks the two Republican Senators from Arizona IN Arizona. :lol: He says, "They don't want me to mention any names so I won't" but there are exactly two Senators (Flake and McCain), both of whom are opponents of Trump so everyone can fill in the blanks. There already are Trump supporters running against Flake. He SHOULD be worried. As for McCain it is pretty obvious he is going to sabotage everything Trump wants to do so there is not much to lose in criticizing him (other than beating up a guy with a serious medical problem)

The risk with targeting these Senators from your own party is that it could backfire. Trump's favored candidate wins the primary, and then loses the general election to a Dem. I believe that Flake votes with the GOP on most bills---so you could lose a pretty consistent vote and any Dem that were to beat Flake would likely vote against the GOP on most bills. You also risk losing control of the Senate. Might be better to target current Democratic Senators in states that Trump won, thereby increasing the # of GOP Senators.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:54 am 
Sergeant Major

Undoubtedly that is true but I think with Trump when he wants to get even with someone he does not give up. :lol:

To say he is "unconventional" is an understatement

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:54 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13550
Could backfire, yes. But there are plenty career Republican politicians who have been part of the swamp problem in DC.

Term limits for congress plz.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:49 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10226
You cannot make an omelette without cracking a few eggs . . .

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:03 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3603
I don't see how targeting Republicans who have proved they are, as Trump calls them, "all talk and no action" can hurt him, especially when many of them are quite vocally against him.

He's got the "bully pulpit" (This term was coined by United States President Theodore Roosevelt, who referred to his office as a "bully pulpit", by which he meant a terrific platform from which to advocate an agenda. - wiki), he'd be an idiot not to use it.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Well, there are two issues:

1) Gaining Republican support in the Senate
2) Getting re-elected :lol:

The two don't always align. McCain, after all, voted AGAINST the Obamacare repeal. This is a bit harsh but McCain likely won't run again...or worse.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:17 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7388
With Americans giving Congress an approval rating of 10%, I'm sure Trump will be fine. He's polling much higher than they are. :)

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:51 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 13767
Pardoning Arpaio should be a no brainer, along with pardons for all the American soldiers convicted of "war crimes". He'll never get any support from RINOs, so why try? McCain, et.al. take their marching orders from Nancy Pelosi.

If it pisses liberals off, so much the better.

Profile E-mail