maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: White Nationalist Rally at University of Virginia
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:48 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 19398
Kameolontti wrote:

I recommend you to read it.

It includes things like, how to ask other people to do things in ways that they may actually respond to. As opposed to your "I will throw feces at people while telling them to do things". Or do you claim that you're having actual successes with your behavior other than pissing off people?

Currently I'm naturally inclined not to respond to any of your requests out of spite.

Finns really don't get on with each other do they. :lol:

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:52 am 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 10460
doggie wrote:
The Civil War was not about defending slavery. For Southerners, it was about defending their homeland from an invading army. The troops at Fort Sumter were northern soldiers, serving as an occupying force. Northern troops raped and murdered their way through the south. Sherman's troops plundered and burned southern homesteads as a matter of routine. Civilians in southern cities like Vicksburg were reduced to eating rats as a result of Union sieges and blockades. Young men who didn't give a fuck about defending plantations were hung as traitors for defending their own farms.

There is nothing evil about fighting to defend your own life and property.

Someone should crack a book or two sometime.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:31 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17300
Mac wrote:
Kameolontti wrote:

It includes things like, how to ask other people to do things in ways that they may actually respond to. As opposed to your "I will throw feces at people while telling them to do things". Or do you claim that you're having actual successes with your behavior other than pissing off people?

Currently I'm naturally inclined not to respond to any of your requests out of spite.

Finns really don't get on with each other do they. :lol:

The perfect distance for a neighbor begins from when he cannot be seen or heard.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:33 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Kameolontti wrote:
Gump wrote:
Trying to tie a historical perspective to idiots is not a very productive use of brain cells. Idiots come in all flavors in this world. The idiots who showed up at that location with baseball bats in their hands are all from the same subset as far as I'm concerned..

Trump is being vilified in the media now for not differentiating between the idiots... His simple message today should be pointing that out. Idiots come in all denominations. This is still the US... you have every right to be and remain an idiot. And if you show up at a location where idiots are battling each other, you could very well end up run over.. and dead..

I'm certain her parents are so proud that she died for something she believed in.... :roll:

The Red Green SJW idiots essentially think that they're this new race of überwomenschen. Like all idiots always they're blind to their own idiocy.

Hence why no one needs to distantiate from when they attack defenseless and peaceful old people but when a single person is driven over by a car it is a proof that white men are worse than all the cumulative Islamic terrorism thus far and also suffices to negate all the Islamic terror attacks while at it.

To be fair though, it was more than just one person who was driven over by a car. One woman died but IIRC more than a dozen were injured in that same incident.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:38 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17300
chijohnaok wrote:
Kameolontti wrote:

The Red Green SJW idiots essentially think that they're this new race of überwomenschen. Like all idiots always they're blind to their own idiocy.

Hence why no one needs to distantiate from when they attack defenseless and peaceful old people but when a single person is driven over by a car it is a proof that white men are worse than all the cumulative Islamic terrorism thus far and also suffices to negate all the Islamic terror attacks while at it.

To be fair though, it was more than just one person who was driven over by a car. One woman died but IIRC more than a dozen were injured in that same incident.

I have no problem with it being labeled as politically motivated terrorism.

What I have a problem with are the Red Green stormfront using this incident for the next 15+ years as a proof that white males are far worse than all of Islamic Jihad against West. And they will believe it themselves.

I can at least remind myself that they would have thought so regardless.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:52 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 720
Kameolontti wrote:
nero wrote:
Which Finnish historian? A name would be much appreciated. :)

Or is this you normal hyperbole? :roll:

So you couldn't name the Finnish historian. So you writing is lies and hyperbole.

Hate and Fear :twisted:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:10 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15552
nelmsm wrote:
Someone should crack a book or two sometime.

True. Anyone with any knowledge of the civil war knows that the south's motivation was to not only defend slavery but try to make it legal in the free states as well.

The whole invading armies shtick that Doggie touts are a kind of post-war bullshit ennobilization that the post-reconstructionist south invented to try to perfume the smelly pile of quasifascist ideology that prevailed among the secessionist wing of the south.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15961
Lava wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
The Confederacy, in my opinion, was quite likely the most reprehensible polity ever in human history for the simple reason: it was a barbaric social order despite also being a refined, educated, and putatively Christian society.

You really think that?

So I guess you think Mao and Stalin... folks responsible for deaths reaching up to 100 million people, were not really such bad folks after all.

Yes I really think that. Mao and Stalin and Hitler are on par with the Confederacy, but all in all not that much worse. The total death toll caused is only part of the issue; the potential long-term threat to humanity (and civilization) had these malignant political movements not been snuffed out (or at least contained in the case of the Commies) is the basis on which I judge their level of threat/repugnance.

Had the Confederacy managed to survive, their goals were no less insidious than those of the "Commies."

What pushes the Confederacy just a notch "above" these other oppressive tyrannies in terms of "most reprehensible" is that it is superficially so quaint and genteel. The rhetoric of the Commies was neither traditional in the sense of being Judeo-Christian, nor revolutionary in the sense of calling for the overthrow of the existing world order. The Confederates had their inhumanity framed in such a way that it wasn't that hard for decent folk to BELIEVE that their agenda was "in the best interests of the negro/savages of the world."

Yes, the CSA bore the superficial characteristics of a "plural democracy," but just how long do you think a "reformationist" much less an abolitionist "party" would have survived in some alternate post-war universe in which the CSA managed to achieve a peaceful end that did not involve their loss of sovereignty or the abolition of slavery? It would have been purged just as any dissent or threat to the ruling clique are purged from any autocracy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:55 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Anthropoid wrote:
Lava wrote:

You really think that?

So I guess you think Mao and Stalin... folks responsible for deaths reaching up to 100 million people, were not really such bad folks after all.

Yes I really think that. Mao and Stalin and Hitler are on par with the Confederacy, but all in all not that much worse.

Lolwut?

You have some confusion as to orders of magnitude.

And projecting many millions of supposed future deaths on a hypothetical independent future CSA, which never existed, is bullshit.

There's no defense for some core principles of the CSA, but your estimating it as being equivalent to the great Communist purges of later history is nonsense. There weren't even enough people available to kill, in order to approach such numbers, even if widespread extermination were it's purpose (and it was not).

It wouldn't even have existed very long, even if it had survived the war. Not with a slave economy and a large population of poor.

Brazil didn't end slavery until 1888. They didn't kill tens.. hundreds of millions. By your criteria, Brazil was as bad as Mao or Stalin's purges, or Hitler's genocide. Which isn't the case.

Beyond apples & oranges.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:06 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 4-12-49-59

Quote:
Aug 14, 12:49 PM EDT

THE LATEST: TRUMP CONDEMNS KKK, NEO-NAZIS AS 'THUGS'

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Latest on President Donald Trump and the weekend's violence and death in Charlottesville, Virginia (all times local):

12:45 p.m.

President Donald Trump is saying that "racism is evil" as he condemns the KKK, neo-Nazis and white supremacists as "criminals and thugs."

He is speaking in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House after meeting with Attorney General Jeff Sessions and FBI director Christopher Wray about the race-fueled violence Saturday in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Trump has come under fire for his comments Saturday that "many sides" are to blame for the violence. In those remarks, he did not single out white supremacists or any other hate group, even as Republican lawmakers and others in his White House did condemn them by name.

---

11 a.m.

President Donald Trump is back at the White House and ignoring shouted questions about the race-fueled clashes in in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Trump briefly waved as he walked alone into the building, which is under renovation. He did not respond to loud queries from reporters about whether he condemns white supremacists and whether he condemns the actions of neo-Nazis.

One woman was killed Saturday when a car plowed into a group of counter-protesters who'd gathered to oppose a rally by white nationalists and others who oppose a plan to remove from a Charlottesville park of a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.

Trump has said "many sides" are to blame for violence.

The president is in Washington for one day during a working vacation mostly in Bedminster, New Jersey.

---

9:20 a.m.

The CEO of the nation's third largest pharmaceutical company is resigning from the President's American Manufacturing Council citing "a responsibility to take a stand against intolerance and extremism."

President Donald Trump lashed out almost immediately Monday at Merck CEO Kenneth Frazier on Twitter, saying Frazier "will have more time to LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES!"

Frazier's resignation comes shortly after a violent confrontation between white supremacists and protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, that left one person dead and 19 injured. He said in a tweet on Monday that the country's leaders must "honor our fundamental values by clearly rejecting expressions of hatred, bigotry and group supremacy."

Trump responded to Saturday's violence in Charlottesville by blaming bigotry on "many sides." He has not explicitly condemned the white supremacists.

---

9:15 a.m.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is telling ABC's "Good Morning America" that the death of a woman in Charlottesville, Virginia, "does meet the definition of domestic terrorism in our statute."

Sessions said the Justice Department is pursuing the case "in every way."

He added: "You can be sure we will charge and advance the investigation towards the most serious charges that can be brought, because this is an unequivocally unacceptable and evil attack that cannot be accepted in America."

Sessions also says he is meeting with President Donald Trump and officials from the FBI on Monday to discuss the recent violence in Charlottesville, Virginia.

---

Continued at above link

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 35  Next