maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: White Nationalist Rally at University of Virginia
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:00 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17032
There's a statue of Lenin in Fremont, Seattle. The locals like to dress it up in drag or turn it into a xmas decoration...

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Mac wrote:
There's a statue of Lenin in Fremont, Seattle. The locals like to dress it up in drag or turn it into a xmas decoration...

Ummmm, yeah....cuz Lenin was all for celebrating the Christian holiday of Christmas.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13981
doggie wrote:
The Civil War was not about defending slavery. For Southerners, it was about defending their homeland from an invading army. The troops at Fort Sumter were northern soldiers, serving as an occupying force. Northern troops raped and murdered their way through the south. Sherman's troops plundered and burned southern homesteads as a matter of routine. Civilians in southern cities like Vicksburg were reduced to eating rats as a result of Union sieges and blockades. Young men who didn't give a fuck about defending plantations were hung as traitors for defending their own farms.

There is nothing evil about fighting to defend your own life and property.

Dawg, you and I see eye-to-eye on many things, but I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:36 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 17050
Half of East Europe has statutes of Russians all over their capitals and big cities to commemorate how the Russians slaughtered millions and committed genocide against political dissidents, purging all intelligentsia, patriots and potential political opponents among others.

Some countries are having these removed, the Russians are furious.

We still have a statue of a Russian Czar on the best spot of the capital. We're not going to take it off, for it's different, it's intentionally there for 'The good Czar' as opposed to many shitty oppressive ones that followed.

As for US Civil War, not only did Northern armies invade, rape and murder the Confederacy, they instilled an iron rule and a harsh military dictatorship. A Finnish historian who covered the subject extensively noted that the devastation laid down by Northern armies damaged the economy to such extent that the effects of it are still visible to this day.

It is true that the victorious North wrote the history and writes that the Southerners had inferior industry. What they don't write about was what they did once they got their armies there and what they did after the war was already won. When people thousands of miles away write that it was ruthless and heartless, it does raise some questions about the 'moral superiority' of the Mary Sue army as it's presented nowadays.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:22 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1862
Kameolontti wrote:
A Finnish historian who covered the subject extensively noted that the devastation laid down by Northern armies damaged the economy to such extent that the effects of it are still visible to this day.

Which Finnish historian? A name would be much appreciated. :)

Or is this you normal hyperbole? :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:42 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Quote:
But others, including Mr. Kessler and Ms. Caine-Conley, openly wondered if the violence could have been prevented.

“There was no police presence,” Ms. Caine-Conley said. “We were watching people punch each other; people were bleeding all the while police were inside of barricades at the park, watching. It was essentially just brawling on the street and community members trying to protect each other.”

Quote:
But according to many witnesses, the police waited to intervene. Ms. Caine-Conley called it “fascinating and appalling.”

Mr. Kessler, too, complained.

In a statement, he said the authorities had “exacerbated the violence” by failing to separate his followers from counterprotesters. He said his group had “networked with law enforcement officials” months ago on a plan for maintaining safety, which he said was not followed, and he called the police “underequipped for the situation.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/13/us/c ... lists.html

This would not be the first time that police have been told by their leadership, or elected officials to stand down and not intervene in things.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Last edited by chijohnaok on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:43 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7152
Anthropoid wrote:
The Confederacy, in my opinion, was quite likely the most reprehensible polity ever in human history for the simple reason: it was a barbaric social order despite also being a refined, educated, and putatively Christian society.

You really think that?

So I guess you think Mao and Stalin... folks responsible for deaths reaching up to 100 million people, were not really such bad folks after all.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:27 am 

nero wrote:
Kameolontti wrote:
A Finnish historian who covered the subject extensively noted that the devastation laid down by Northern armies damaged the economy to such extent that the effects of it are still visible to this day.

Which Finnish historian? A name would be much appreciated. :)

Or is this you normal hyperbole? :roll:

I recommend you to read it.

It includes things like, how to ask other people to do things in ways that they may actually respond to. As opposed to your "I will throw feces at people while telling them to do things". Or do you claim that you're having actual successes with your behavior other than pissing off people?

Currently I'm naturally inclined not to respond to any of your requests out of spite.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:30 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 5019
Trying to tie a historical perspective to idiots is not a very productive use of brain cells. Idiots come in all flavors in this world. The idiots who showed up at that location with baseball bats in their hands are all from the same subset as far as I'm concerned..

Trump is being vilified in the media now for not differentiating between the idiots... His simple message today should be pointing that out. Idiots come in all denominations. This is still the US... you have every right to be and remain an idiot. And if you show up at a location where idiots are battling each other, you could very well end up run over.. and dead..

I'm certain her parents are so proud that she died for something she believed in.... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:37 am 

Gump wrote:
Trying to tie a historical perspective to idiots is not a very productive use of brain cells. Idiots come in all flavors in this world. The idiots who showed up at that location with baseball bats in their hands are all from the same subset as far as I'm concerned..

Trump is being vilified in the media now for not differentiating between the idiots... His simple message today should be pointing that out. Idiots come in all denominations. This is still the US... you have every right to be and remain an idiot. And if you show up at a location where idiots are battling each other, you could very well end up run over.. and dead..

I'm certain her parents are so proud that she died for something she believed in.... :roll:

The Red Green SJW idiots essentially think that they're this new race of überwomenschen. Like all idiots always they're blind to their own idiocy.

Hence why no one needs to distantiate from when they attack defenseless and peaceful old people but when a single person is driven over by a car it is a proof that white men are worse than all the cumulative Islamic terrorism thus far and also suffices to negate all the Islamic terror attacks while at it.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 35  Next