maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: White Nationalist Rally at University of Virginia
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:05 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10789
Quote:
... Lee, and most of the other high command of the Confederacy had a choice. In Lee's case he specifically was GIVEN the opportunity to remain loyal to his country. He made the unwise choice of backing an immoral, reprehensible, and losing rebellion against his country ...

You're making me like Lee more and more with every word .... :D ... (even if he wasn't such a great general ... :) )

More statues of Lee ... that's what we need !!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:20 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11448
Anthropoid wrote:
Like I said, doesn't bother me a bit if they remove all Confederate icons from public and stow them away in museums or private collections. It is silly to place such things in public as they are representatives of a treasonous movement, not to mention a horrific social order and a foolish revolution.

Mmm.

There's a statue of Oliver Cromwell outside Parliament. He did rule as a military dictator after cutting off the Kings head, and his rule was not remembered fondly, being a miserable cuss.

Bad ass, though. Like Lee.

So I guess this sort of thing does happen!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:09 pm 
First Sergeant

I think the whole statue thing goes back to Iconoclasm ... and I have to say that seems pretty silly to me ... let's find something else to worry about ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15634
jwilkerson wrote:
I think the whole statue thing goes back to Iconoclasm ... and I have to say that seems pretty silly to me ... let's find something else to worry about ...

The progressives will always find something to worry about.
If it's not statues then they will worry about other issues of "importance".....things like manspreading or microaggressions. :roll:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:27 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10352
jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:
... Lee, and most of the other high command of the Confederacy had a choice. In Lee's case he specifically was GIVEN the opportunity to remain loyal to his country. He made the unwise choice of backing an immoral, reprehensible, and losing rebellion against his country ...

You're making me like Lee more and more with every word .... :D ... (even if he wasn't such a great general ... :) )

More statues of Lee ... that's what we need !!!

Participating in a revolution against an unjust regime is one thing; participating in a revolution in the attempt to prolong / expand an unjust regime is another thing. The Confederacy, in my opinion, was quite likely the most reprehensible polity ever in human history for the simple reason: it was a barbaric social order despite also being a refined, educated, and putatively Christian society.

As I said, it doesn't bother me in particular that statues of folks like his are in public places. But it also doesn't bother me if statues of people like him are removed from public places. I don't think such things should EVER be destroyed or defaced, but that doesn't necessarily mean they should be left in public places where they act as totems.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:39 pm 
First Sergeant

Quote:
... The Confederacy, in my opinion ...

You are allowed to have your opinion ... if others are allowed to have their opinion ... can you live with that idea ... is that fair enough?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:47 pm 
First Sergeant

jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:
... The Confederacy, in my opinion ...

You are allowed to have your opinion ... if others are allowed to have their opinion ... can you live with that idea ... is that fair enough?

Oh sure! :D

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:55 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 14142
The idea that racists should be allowed to parade in the streets demanding equal rights is horrific. White people waving Confederate flags should be executed on the spot. Trumpf should've immediately praised the heroic BLM and Antifa activists for standing up to these racist tyrants. Monuments to White Nationalism only serve to enrage right minded people. It is only natural for patriots to want to kill anyone waving a Confederate flag.

White people should just shut up and get back to work producing wealth so that it can be redistributed among more deserving liberals and noble people of color. White pussy be a particular source of wealth that should reserved only for use by people of color.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:03 pm 
First Sergeant

The fact that the Zeitgeists of the "Left," the "Progressives," the "BLMs" and "SJWs" are all bigoted idiocy doesn't make the Confederacy or taking pride in it, or one of its primary icons any less bigoted and idiotic. I respect Lee (and many of the leaders of the Confederates) for their knowledge, skill, ability bravery and devotion to their own cause. I also denounce them as unprincipled fools for serving an evil cause which their supposed Christian morality should have clued them into as such long before they became wed to the nationalism of the CSA.

It is the unfortunate linchpin to the "White Boy March" (protesting the removal of a statue of a warrior for one of the most racist and oppressive regimes in human history) which separates me from their protest.

Had they been protesting the removal of a statue of Sherman, or Patton, or any other white boy who was NOT a servant of evil then I'd be on board! :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:55 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 14142
The Civil War was not about defending slavery. For Southerners, it was about defending their homeland from an invading army. The troops at Fort Sumter were northern soldiers, serving as an occupying force. Northern troops raped and murdered their way through the south. Sherman's troops plundered and burned southern homesteads as a matter of routine. Civilians in southern cities like Vicksburg were reduced to eating rats as a result of Union sieges and blockades. Young men who didn't give a fuck about defending plantations were hung as traitors for defending their own farms.

There is nothing evil about fighting to defend your own life and property.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 35  Next