maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: White Nationalist Rally at University of Virginia
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:25 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 9282
chijohnaok wrote:
Trump condemns ‘violence’ at white supremacist rally

Of course that will probably be played down or overlooked by the media or those on the left.
Wrong, Watching Sky News (Lost FNC) and there was a gal w/two guys, she was complaining he wasn't going all the way and calling then fascists or something like that ... you can expect that type ranting.

Move along, nothing to see here.

That '... a gal with two guys' must have got some hopes up. ;) Sorry.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:34 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 11164
I've read a few articles about the events this morning ... and perhaps I should not be surprised ... but 80% of the words seem to be about trumpf, rather than what happened in Virginia, even though the article titles are about what happened in Virginia. Hmmmm ... it seems the "pouting" agenda is still more important than the news ... when will the "news" again be the "news" ??? The world wonders.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:56 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 12839
As soon as a story breaks the MSM's knee-jerk reaction seems to be "how do we make this sound like Trump's fault?". Its pathetic.

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:04 am 
First Sergeant

Quote:
... I got no problem with statues of Confederates being removed from public places. Put them in a museum or in someone's private collection. The fact they were allowed to be displayed at all is pretty remarkable ...

Well they were/are ... lots of statues of primates ...

I'd be fine if they took them ALL down .. take down ALL statues of ALL primates everywhere in TGLFKAO ... I don't worship any primate ... but not sure I see any need to take this one down first ... it has been there since 1924 ... why this one now?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:07 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14634
Mac wrote:
As soon as a story breaks the MSM's knee-jerk reaction seems to be "how do we make this sound like Trump's fault?". Its pathetic.

This.

Demstream Media is still trying to make propaganda for their party's next election. Instead of reporting the info.

The reason all these young people are being radicalized to the far right & left is because of the Dem's race hustling, PC social engineering, and pushing ancestral white guilt on the youth over the years.

The MSM, and their Party of Race Politicking, has been instigating this shit for so long, the result is exactly what you'd expect. Producing larger groups of dumbass brainwashed & violent communists, and nutjob "alt-right" groups of Slaaks. This bullshit very much their fucking fault.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:34 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7266
If I heard The Black Panthers or the KKK were having a rally in my town I'd have the same response to both: I'd steer clear of them. I support their right to peacefully assemble and beyond that want nothing to do with them. "Counter-protesting" is un-American IMO. Let people be assholes, it's their right.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:21 pm 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 15171
YLE news reports: "far right rally in US, far right nationalists who support white supremacy are objecting the removal of Robert E. Lee statue, a Confederate general who defended slavery.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9772994

"One person killed in far right rally as far right white supremacists and their opponents clash"

Not one bit biased. Waiting for nero to come call people nazis.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16556
It is really not debatable that Lee was one of the greatest generals in US history. Yes, he fought for the South.

Next up Jefferson and Washington who both owned slaves.

Perhaps we should take down the MLK memorial because he cheated on his wife and plagiarized part of his "doctor of divinity" thesis.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:40 pm 
First Sergeant

Jefferson was a great general !!?? :o

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:18 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10688
Rommel was a great General as were Guderian and von Manstein. Manstein was a "clean" enough guy that Churchill and others petition to get him out of prison early after the war.

I doubt there are many statues of any of those great Generals outside of museums, or private collections, either in Germany or anywhere else . . . well maybe in Argentina they display them in public!

Lee, and most of the other high command of the Confederacy had a choice. In Lee's case he specifically was GIVEN the opportunity to remain loyal to his country. He made the unwise choice of backing an immoral, reprehensible, and losing rebellion against his country.

Like I said, doesn't bother me a bit if they remove all Confederate icons from public and stow them away in museums or private collections. It is silly to place such things in public as they are representatives of a treasonous movement, not to mention a horrific social order and a foolish revolution.

If they stay in public, it doesn't bother me either. Its just a stupid piece of rock. I find it silly to have any sort of extreme opinion on the matter, whether that is: (a) It is a travesty it must be removed/smashed/destroyed/defaced; or (b) It is our heritage it must be honored/maintained/preserved/hallowed.

I agree, it shouldn't be destroyed, but it would honestly be best used in a museum or a private collection.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35  Next