maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anti-SJW Memo That Got Him Fired
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:31 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13550
The anti-SJW memo (espousing "diversity of thought", not biased toward skin color or gender) that got a senior Google engineer fired.

And which the usual DemSM articles often omit or deny much of the linked studies in the content in favor of the usual (ironic) racist epithets.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... hamber.pdf

Google fires employee behind anti-diversity memo, reports say

Published August 07, 2017

Quote:
“I’m simply stating that the distribution of preferences and abilities of men and women differ in part due to biological causes and that these differences may explain why we don’t see equal representation of women in tech and leadership,” he wrote, adding that those differences include assertions that women tended to be more social and artistic thus could not take high-pressure jobs, along with possessing traits such as neuroticism, higher anxiety and a lower tolerance to stress.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/08/07/ ... s-say.html

Post subject: Re: Anti-SJW Memo That Got Him Fired
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:15 am 
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

Reputation points: 14215
Fuck Google.

No one is forcing a company to bow to this small group of commies. It's their own choice.

I think it's about time to boycott companies that try to appease SJWs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:01 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11508
It's your first day on the job at Google. Meet your fellow employees...

What do?

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:25 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7388
Google is a multi-billion dollar safe space.

The guy's memo was well thought out, cited many scientific studies, actually did NOT say that women couldn't be programmers, etc. but instead gave reasons and ways that Google could use to hire MORE women, and he was still...unsurprisingly...fired because of it. Because most of the freaks above never bothered to read it or, if they did, could not take their blinders off long enough to hear what he was saying.

Thus, Google's actions actually proved his point which is what most of us here already know: Progressive talk of inclusiveness is a myth unless you have the correct ideology.

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:47 pm 

It almost looks like that since they've got a monopoly on everything that they can safely use some of that cash to selectively hire all the commies and gays out there for safe keeping.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:11 pm 

Actually if this is any indicator to what Silicon Valley is these days I have no rush in moving anywhere near it these days.

The place looks like a Kolkhoz. Ideology and purity of it, belief in cause, righteousness of it. When these are more important than freedom of opinion or even running an efficient and effective business..

Which brings me, most of the time these days I don't run into commies in Finland or in factories or so. Most of the time I run into commies they're Americans and Canadians, working for big software corporations.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:17 pm 
Hair in the soap

Did you see the title of the social engineering gestapo leader at Google?

"VP and Chief of Diversity & Inclusion, People Operations at Google"

Doesn't get much more Orwellian than that! :shock:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/danielle-ma ... wn-b33343a

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/201 ... -memo.html

The VP for Diversity & Propaganda's letter expressing her kool-aid propaganda regarding the memo seems to be in this article:

http://www.latimes.com/business/technol ... story.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15259
NefariousKoel wrote:

The VP for Diversity & Propaganda's letter expressing her kool-aid propaganda regarding the memo seems to be in this article:

From that article:

Quote:
We are unequivocal in our belief that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success as a company, and we’ll continue to stand for that and be committed to it for the long haul. As Ari Balogh said in his internal G+ post, “Building an open, inclusive environment is core to who we are, and the right thing to do. ‘Nuff said.”

"diversity and inclusion" are in the eye of the beholder.
In their circles it appears to apply to things like race, color, gender, sexual orientation, etc. (As EUBanana likes to say, they want to include all the tick marks ;-) ).
It does NOT seem to apply to those with ideas that diverge from the official group think.

Google is of course a privately owned business, so they are entitled to set their own internal policies and philosophies. They may fire people for having different views.
I'm not sure though that the company is well served by having all their employees have the same hive mind/group think.

IMHO, they could have had a private conversation with the memo's author, discussed their differences, and then, if they felt it necessary to do so, reprimand him with some sort of verbal or written warning. I think that they probably went overboard by firing him. There was probably too much of an outcry internally for this to happen though so Google management was forced to make him walk the plank, lest they have a mutiny on their hands.

At a company that I used to work for, the group/work unit that I was in was made up of a fairly diverse group of people (we had males, females, Hispanics, Asians(the slanty-eyed ones) we even had a gay guy).
Our work unit was the "Compliance" department for the business unit. We were responsible for making sure that the way that the business unit was conducting itself conformed to all applicable local/state and federal laws. We also had to adhere to investor requirements. We also looked at things through a moral/ethical prism---it had to pass the "smell test" (if news of this got out to the public or media, would it portray the company in a negative light). When new rules/regulations/laws were passed we had to examine our business processes and practices to make sure that they would be compliant with the law. It was our job to closely examine everything, to poke everything with a stick. If we saw things that were troubling, we would say so----most of the time in a memo or email detailing the problems and issues as we saw them. And that was why our managers went out of their way to hire a diverse group of thinkers. They didn't want a bunch of employees who simply said "yes" to everything.

Now I don't know if the fired Google engineer was in such a role--where part of his job might be to "poke that stick", or maybe he was just an ordinary worker who took the time to draft a long memo on the subject and circulate it internally. I still think that it was a bad decision to fire him.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:34 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 13948
Women are better at breast feeding than men are

:o

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:27 pm 
Hair in the soap

chijohnaok wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:

From that article:

Quote:
We are unequivocal in our belief that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success as a company, and we’ll continue to stand for that and be committed to it for the long haul. As Ari Balogh said in his internal G+ post, “Building an open, inclusive environment is core to who we are, and the right thing to do. ‘Nuff said.”

"diversity and inclusion" are in the eye of the beholder.
In their circles it appears to apply to things like race, color, gender, sexual orientation, etc. (As EUBanana likes to say, they want to include all the tick marks ;-) ).
It does NOT seem to apply to those with ideas that diverge from the official group think.

When I see "diversity" mentioned, I know what they really mean - everyone should be favored except straight white men.

Same goes for anything containing the differentiating phrase "people of color". Just means everyone but people of white european descent.

Check the context of the sentences in which they're used by a genuine SJ believer. It's purpose will be to make an excuse for discriminating against that specific racial group.

Center & Conservative East Asians sometimes get lumped in with those evil white devils, too. Can't have the highest average IQ & income earning racial group oppressing others with their brains and work ethic can we? :?