maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Awan IT Scandal
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:20 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
The real DNC-Awan dirt is beginning to be exposed. I'm sure there's a lot more to come!

There have been whispers about the Wasserman-Schults & Awan ring also has some kind of tie-in to the plot against presidential candidate Trump. Hrmm..

Sources: Wasserman Schultz Screamed At House Officials To Kill Hacking Probe, Intervened In Pakistani Criminal Matter

Ex-Democratic National Committee head Debbie Wasserman Schultz said she intervened in a Pakistani land deal involving her then–IT aide Imran Awan, according to two House employees. The dispute came after Awan’s father was charged with fraud in relation to the deal, and the mysterious exertion of political influence resulted in Pakistani authorities instead targeting the elderly alleged victims, according to a local report.

And when a House Office of Inspector General cybersecurity investigation found that Awan made “unauthorized access” to House servers, including the House Democratic Caucus’ shortly before the election, Wasserman Schultz became “frantic, not normal,” “making the rounds” to House officials in an attempt to kill the investigation, one House employee told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

<..snip..>

A third source, who’s familiar with Imran Awan, told TheDCNF that Awan recounted the intervention in the foreign criminal matter and that Awan said it was Wasserman Schultz who intervened. A fourth source — a fellow House IT aide — previously told TheDCNF that Awan said now-Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel was involved.

Dr. Zafar Iqbal, one of the alleged victims, told TheDCNF that “Imran came to Pakistan to get [his father] out of jail, since he had some [connections] in the Congress.”

Ashraf Awan’s business partner in the land deal, Rashid Minhas, told TheDCNF that the elder Awan gave a USB to a Pakistani senator who is a former head of a Pakistani intelligence agency, and that Imran claimed his IT position in Congress gave him the power to “change the U.S. president.” Minhas is in prison for an unrelated fraud charge.

<..snip..>
(continued..)
http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/04/wasse ... lamophobe/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
That investigation is literally taking FOREVER. I suppose that is the point.

If Wasserman-Schulz is half as guilty as she is ugly then she needs a custom orange jumpsuit and a billet at Supermax

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
That investigation is literally taking FOREVER. I suppose that is the point.

If Wasserman-Schulz is half as guilty as she is ugly then she needs a custom orange jumpsuit and a billet at Supermax

At this point DWS only needs it to go past Nov 2018 election day.

PS That is unless there are some sort of criminal implications on her personally.
In that case then a 30 yr timeline on the investigation will suit her just fine.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

From Ace of Spades:

Quote:
http://ace.mu.nu/

June 07, 2018
Rep. Gohmert: The FBI is Ordering Witnesses Not to Bring Documentary Evidence About the Awan Clan IT Swindle, So It Can Claim There's Nothing There to Investigate
—Ace of Spades
Major allegation to make.

I'm all out of "The FBI would never do that" cards.

Gohmert makes the charge in this speech, from about 4:10 to 4:50.

The specific charge is that Imran Awan would fraudulently make purchases supposedly for Congress, claiming falsely that they cost less than $500, which is the federal breakpoint for when you have to list purchases in inventory and, importantly, therefore when you have to report purchased items as missing.

Gohmert says that in "dozens of cases" Awan would buy something, supposedly for Congress, that might cost $799, but would claim it only cost $499, so that the item would never be entered into federal records.

Gohmert isn't clear on this, but I think he's saying that Awan would break up the $799 true price into a false $499 base price and $300 for "insurance" that wasn't actually bought, so that each individual purchase (I guess the base item and the insurance are each counted as separate purchases) was under the $500 limit. So he'd invoice for $799 of government money, but then claim the item cost $499 and the insurance cost $300, neither of which had to be listed in government inventory.

I could be wrong about that -- as I said, Gohmert is unclear on that and doesn't specify clearly the game going on with the false price and insurance "cost."

He alleges further that Awan would then send these items -- iphones, Ipads, etc. -- to Pakistani intelligence agents and police, I guess as gifts or maybe bribes.

Because he had claimed they each cost less than $499, he was not required to report them as "missing" when he sent them to his overseas buddies.

As regards the FBI: He says that witnesses in this case have documentary evidence of Awan's fraud -- the false prices he'd claim to keep the stuff he was buying off the inventory lists -- but the FBI keeps telling witnesses not to bring that evidence, and that they just want to talk.

So far, Awan has only been charged with a misstatement on a loan application -- and if Gohmert's charge is accurate, the FBI is deliberately avoiding seeing any evidence that would force them to charge him with more than that, and do additional investigation.

Tweets at above link

Gohmert's speech from the floor of the House at link below:
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4733428/ ... yberbreach

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

Pakistan is corrupt. That's how things work over there. The Pakistani authorities have paid off the Taliban for two decades. WE essentially pay them to allow support convoys to get through to Afghanistan.

This Awan character just brought his culture with him. It is elitist of us to impose our cultural norms on him.

There are so many things about this that stink to high heaven:

--Nepotism
--Inflated salaries for underqualified individuals
--Lack of purchase controls
--Lack of inventory controls
--Terrible or absent security clearances
--Red flags all over the place
--Willful obstruction by Wasserman-Schulz
--Paying the stupid fuckers AFTER they were discovered
--Possible disastrous national security lapses that nobody seemed to be slightly worried about
--Incompetence or even conspiracy to cover up by the Capital Police
--FBI indolence or worse

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

Who buys $300 insurance on a $499 purchase? And what idiot signs off on that when it is an obvious dodge to skirt a reporting limit?

None of the idiots working for WS could run a Dairy Queen if you gave them a manual and a 2 week training course.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
Who buys $300 insurance on a $499 purchase? And what idiot signs off on that when it is an obvious dodge to skirt a reporting limit?

None of the idiots working for WS could run a Dairy Queen if you gave them a manual and a 2 week training course.

Quote:
And what idiot signs off on that when it is an obvious dodge to skirt a reporting limit?

I think the article mentioned that his approved spending limit was $499.
The Congressional invoice approval system may be automated, at least up to certain limits.
If some clerk stamping these did take notice, just image if they did escalate it to a supervisor:

Clerk Jil Olsen: "Sir, this Imran Awam guy keeps putting through invoices for $499 items with $300 insurance on them. It looks odd"
Mgr Roger Mortimer: "What's his approval limit?"
Clerk Olsen: "It's $500 sir"
Mgr Mortimer: "So what's the problem then?"
Clerk Olsen: "It just looks very suspicious"
Mgr Mortimer: "You're not just saying this because his name is 'Imran', are you? Didn't you just finish the automated "Racial & Ethnicity Sensitivity Training" course?
Clerk Olsen: (looking horrified at the implication of being called a racist) "NO SIR...that's not what I meant. Yes sir, I passed that training with flying colors"
Mgr Mortimer: "OK then. I will overlook this little incident but don't let it happen again. Just approve it then. Oh, and by the way, the training for "Gender and Species Inequality" will be out on Monday. Be sure to complete that right away"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

:lol: Well, at least they are saving money on the on-line species equality training course instead of flying everyone to Las Vegas and staying at Caesar's Palace.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:50 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
chijohnaok wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:

Quote:
And what idiot signs off on that when it is an obvious dodge to skirt a reporting limit?

I think the article mentioned that his approved spending limit was $499.
The Congressional invoice approval system may be automated, at least up to certain limits.
If some clerk stamping these did take notice, just image if they did escalate it to a supervisor:

Clerk Jil Olsen: "Sir, this Imran Awam guy keeps putting through invoices for $499 items with $300 insurance on them. It looks odd"
Mgr Roger Mortimer: "What's his approval limit?"
Clerk Olsen: "It's $500 sir"
Mgr Mortimer: "So what's the problem then?"
Clerk Olsen: "It just looks very suspicious"
Mgr Mortimer: "You're not just saying this because his name is 'Imran', are you? Didn't you just finish the automated "Racial & Ethnicity Sensitivity Training" course?
Clerk Olsen: (looking horrified at the implication of being called a racist) "NO SIR...that's not what I meant. Yes sir, I passed that training with flying colors"
Mgr Mortimer: "OK then. I will overlook this little incident but don't let it happen again. Just approve it then. Oh, and by the way, the training for "Gender and Species Inequality" will be out on Monday. Be sure to complete that right away"

Hahahaaa!! :lol:

Sadly, the truth in this example is far more widespread, too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:47 am 
Sergeant Major

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/07/02/ ... ook-alike/

Quote:
Daily Caller: Democratic Caucus Server Was Replaced By Look-Alike

JOHN SEXTONPosted at 9:21 pm on July 2, 2018

The Daily Caller has another development in the Imran Awan story. Last fall the DC reported that when police requested a copy of a Democratic caucus server run by Awan, they were provided with a fake. Today, the DC reports on the contents of a memo from Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving describing the fake server and the disappearance of the real server.

A secret memo marked “URGENT” detailed how the House Democratic Caucus’s server went “missing” soon after it became evidence in a cybersecurity probe. The secret memo also said more than “40 House offices may have been victims of IT security violations.”…

Rep. Louie Gohmert — a Texas Republican on the House Committee on the Judiciary who has done oversight work on the case — said the missing server contained copies of Congress members’ emails.

“They put 40 members of Congress’s data on one server … That server, with that serial number, has disappeared,” he said.

Multiple sources connected to the investigation told TheDCNF that shortly after an IG report came out identifying the House Democratic Caucus server as key evidence in a criminal probe, the evidence was stolen.

An attorney representing Imran Awan tells the DC that there is no missing server, contrary to the memo from Irving. But the DC notes that the attorney didn’t provide any evidence to back up his claim.

Last year, Imran Awan was arrested at Dulles airport when trying to leave the country. Since then developments on the case have been relatively quiet. Last month Fox News reported that a plea deal might be ready to take place on July 4rd (tomorrow).

Continued at above link

Missing server?
There's no missing server....here's a server.
No need to look at the serial number

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next