Dr Who Transitions Into A Woman

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Mac
First Sergeant

Dr Who Transitions Into A Woman

#1 Post by Mac » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Some people are not very happy about this...

1500219721079.png
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

abradley
buck private

Re: Dr Who Transitions Into A Woman

#2 Post by abradley » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:37 pm

It's about time.

Star Trek made the transition years ago

Posted by Keld Denar
+3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthre ... D-2-5-What

Mac
First Sergeant

#3 Post by Mac » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:02 pm

I think the guy in the first video I posted raged so hard he deleted his channel. :lol:

Meanwhile Katie Hopkins is stirring up shit on Twitter...
1500225697746.png
What a waste...

NefariousKoel
Hair in the soap

#4 Post by NefariousKoel » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:03 pm

Mac wrote:
Meanwhile Katie Hopkins is stirring up shit on Twitter...
1500225697746.png

:lol: :lol:

The hook, baited.

:lol:

abradley
buck private

#5 Post by abradley » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:49 am

Have never seen a Dr Who show and I say it's pure SJW BS, it ain't right, it's like the 'Jack T. Ripper' is really 'Mrs Ripper' :
Why Both Sides Need to Chill Out About the Female Doctor Who
BY TOM KNIGHTON JULY 18, 2017 CHAT 7 COMMENTS
https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2017/07/1 ... octor-who/
Jodie Whittaker Female Doctor Who

The Doctor in the hit BBC Show Doctor Who is now a woman. Unsurprisingly, this has spurred a good bit of...discussion. People on both sides are up in arms about different things, and everyone seems to be getting so much wrong about this.

10:28 PM - 16 Jul 2017
73,816 73,816 Retweets 121,058 121,058 likes

To my friends on the right:

Shut up. Seriously. The Doctor was never a male. Yes, he was portrayed by male actors, but the character is part of an alien race where gender is...complicated. Further, it was complicated long before the current era of 54 billion genders being considered valid up to and including "toaster oven." OK, maybe not that last one, but I'm not completely sure.

Yes, the character is now being played by a female, but so what? If the actress is good and the stories are good, that's all that should matter. I get why you're upset at the moment, and I'll address that in a bit, but chill out and wait to see if your worst fears actually happen.

Now, to the left:

You guys really need to shut up.

Not just about Dr. Who, but just in general. However, since I know you won't, let me educate you a bit on some of what's going on here.

First, remarkably few people take issue with a female Doctor because she's a she. Instead, most of the issues comes from one of two camps.

In the first camp are the fans who simply want consistency. The issue isn't that the Doctor is a woman so much as it's a departure from what they've always known. These are the same fans who would complain just as loudly if the Doctor had always been a woman and was now suddenly a man. Many science fiction fans want consistency in their products. You don't change things just to change them, in their mind, so they tend to take every change the same way.

Yes, these are the same people who literally hate every new actor playing the Doctor simply because they're the new actor...until that actor leaves and is replaced, at which time the hatred goes to the new actor.

These are also many of the people who took issue with John Boyega playing a stormtrooper. It wasn't because Boyega was a minority, but because he was the wrong minority. They saw stormtroopers from Star Wars as clones of Jango Fett, played by the Maori-Scots actor Temuera Morrison. It wasn't racism, it was merely the presence of change.

However, that's not all the fans, admittedly.

In the second camp are people who are sick of political correctness in their science fiction. Doctor Who has been going the way of the SJW for a little while now, so casting a woman as the Doctor is being seen not as a necessary progression to the show's overall story arc, but a hat tip to the social justice zealots to whom they want to virtue signal.

Of course, some SJWs can't comprehend that.

Here’s what I don’t understand: What does the world look like to you if you think the inclusion of others is in any way inherently political?
It's not a matter of including a female doctor, but when they're including her. We're talking about a show that has been around, off and on, since 1963. At no point prior to now has the Doctor been played by a woman. This comes right after changing the Doctor's nemesis, The Master, into a woman as well. It's also an era when characters that had been traditionally played by white men are being switched into something else, but no white man is permitted to play a role that was originally played by a minority character. It's a double standard.

Further, there's the fact that we know it won't be enough.

Feminist critic Anita Sarkeesian, who harassed her critics during a recent panel at VidCon, took issue with the Doctor’s newest regeneration. Writing on the official Feminist Frequency account on Twitter, Sarkeesian condemned Doctor Who for being an “overwhelmingly white show” that simply isn’t doing enough to fix the issue of minority representation in the media–as if it is the show’s duty to address social problems.
“It needs to be said that [Doctor Who] is still an OVERWHELMINGLY white show and that issues of representation do not exist in isolation from each other,” she began. “It’s not as if you fix the ‘woman’ problem, THEN fix the ‘race’ problem, THEN the ‘queer/trans’ problem, etc. It all has to happen in tandem.”

Sarkeesian strongly implied that the new Doctor must be intersectional–a transgender woman of color.

In other words, one's identity has become political. It's impossible to not see a female Doctor as a political statement when we have leftists making it clear that it's insufficient from a political standpoint.

And, frankly, a lot of people are just sick of it.

For me, I couldn't care less if the new Doctor is male, female, or a lesbian fruit bat named "Paco." Tell me good stories, and I'll watch. Don't, and I'll find some other way to spend my time.

But don't think for a minute that criticism over the move can only be sexism in action. Doing so makes it clear that you're as narrow-minded as you pretend everyone else is.
Bring back the Ripper, we don't want Mrs Ripper.

So there.

PS
Where are those nude pictures :twisted:
Posted by Keld Denar
+3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.

abradley
buck private

#6 Post by abradley » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:10 am

Posted by Keld Denar

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#7 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:18 am

In the case of Dr. Who, it does sort of make sense that he could be portrayed by any type of character . . . even an alien or something.

If I understand correctly, Dr. Who is not a person exactly, he is more like an Eternal Champion sort of entity.
The fictional Moorcock Multiverse, consisting of several universes, many layered dimensions, spheres, and alternative worlds, is the place where the eternal struggle between Law and Chaos, the two main forces of Moorcock's worlds, takes place. In all these dimensions and worlds, these forces constantly war for supremacy. Since the victory of Law or Chaos would cause the Multiverse either to become permanently static or totally formless, the Cosmic Balance enforces certain limits which the powers of Law and Chaos violate at their peril. Law, Chaos, and the Balance are active, but seemingly non-sentient, forces which empower various champions and representatives.
The Eternal Champion, a Hero who exists in all dimensions, times and worlds, is the one who is chosen by fate to fight for the Cosmic Balance; however, he often does not know of his role, or, even worse, he struggles against it, never to succeed. Since his role is to intervene when either Law or Chaos have gained an excess of power, he is always doomed to be surrounded by strife and destruction, although he may go through long periods of relative quiet.
All the incarnations of the Eternal Champion are facets of each other, and the Champion may also be aided by a companion, who, like himself, exists in various incarnations. Likewise the Champion is often associated with a romantic interest that is possibly an aspect of an eternal figure. Other characters in the various books have occasionally crossed over from one universe to another, although it is unclear what their status in the multiverse may be. Normally, the incarnations of the Champion do not interact and are treated as serial incarnations for facets of a single consciousness, but various cataclysmic events (such as the end of a Cycle of Cycles of the multiverse's progression, or an invasion by hostile entities from an entirely separate multiverse) may bring them together in various ways. This is very dangerous (it causes strains on the fabric of the multiverse as well as mental issues for the Champion), but amplifies the Champion's power enormously.
Ah yes . . . Dr. Who is a "Time Lord"

Not exactly the same sort of "primal entity" thing which Moorcock's Eternal Champion exemplifies, but definitely a "man" of many faces already. Adding a woman face doesn't seem like that big of a deal really.

Kameolontti
His Most Gracious Majesty, Commie of the Year

#8 Post by Kameolontti » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:16 am

As always, the fans and ratings decide whether a change was good or bad.

Unless you're one of those die hard zealots of SJW who is ready to kill the last successful entertainment brand just to get your political correctness enforced on everything.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/mafia-iii

User score: down to 5.2 from 7.7 of Mafia II, in the name of Social Justice and Political Correctness.
Screw you nero

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#9 Post by chijohnaok » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:14 am

abradley wrote:

Tom Baker will always be my favorite.
He was the FIRST Doctor for me as he was the Doctor when I first started watching the show.
Baker was the Doctor whose episodes I watched the most of. Since his stint of the Doctor I have watched relatively few episodes.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Mac
First Sergeant

#10 Post by Mac » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Its not really a surprise that the new Doctor is going to be female, they have hinted at the possability in previous seasons and even replaced one of the classic male villians (also a Time-Lord) with a woman. Besides the BBC are pretty big on the diversity card these days, they recently commissioned an 8 part miniseries about the fall of Troy where both Zeus and Achilles are played by black actors.

And then there is this...
1500649536805.jpg
What a waste...