maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hurricane Season 2017
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:08 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15557
Considering I never heard of the Jones Act until 2 days ago I am pretty sure you just found that Moveon.org or something.

Trump suspended the Jones Act on an emergency basis 2 or 3 days ago. You need new talking points.

If it is your thesis that Puerto Rico is being treated unfairly as a territory you need to ask yourself why the voters of PR have turned downed statehood 4 or 5 times already.

I'll give you a hint...it has something to do with FAVORABLE treatment as a territory. Also, ask yourself this. Which former Spanish colony in the Americas is doing better than PR (before the storm)? Mexico. :lol: Cuba :lol: Venezuela :lol: Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador..stop me when I get to one. Even Argentina, with favorable climate and good is still screwed up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2776
jack t ripper wrote:
Considering I never heard of the Jones Act until 2 days ago I am pretty sure you just found that Moveon.org or something.

Trump suspended the Jones Act on an emergency basis 2 or 3 days ago. You need new talking points.

If it is your thesis that Puerto Rico is being treated unfairly as a territory you need to ask yourself why the voters of PR have turned downed statehood 4 or 5 times already.

I'll give you a hint...it has something to do with FAVORABLE treatment as a territory. Also, ask yourself this. Which former Spanish colony in the Americas is doing better than PR (before the storm)? Mexico. :lol: Cuba :lol: Venezuela :lol: Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador..stop me when I get to one. Even Argentina, with favorable climate and good is still screwed up.

Never heard about the banana republics and united fruit. :roll:

How the US has supported military and other forms of despotism in places you just mention.

Shame on you. :twisted:

Read some books. ;)

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

You are full of crap. The US had NOTHING to do with the set-up of the feudal type colonial system in Central and South America.

Sure, a few ill-considered interventions 2 centuries later and the Mexican-American War was on thin ground but the point is that anything that came under US control fared BETTER than their neighbors,

The best example is California. Look at Arizona. Do you think any different from Mexicali if Pancho Villa had been in charge.

And don't even dare mention El Salvador. They would be 10x worse than Cuba without Reagan. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:54 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 2776
jack t ripper wrote:
You are full of crap. The US had NOTHING to do with the set-up of the feudal type colonial system in Central and South America.

Sure, a few ill-considered interventions 2 centuries later and the Mexican-American War was on thin ground but the point is that anything that came under US control fared BETTER than their neighbors,

The best example is California. Look at Arizona. Do you think any different from Mexicali if Pancho Villa had been in charge.

And don't even dare mention El Salvador. They would be 10x worse than Cuba without Reagan. :lol:

So you mean that the Golden Circle should have been implemented.

That would solve the illegal immigrant problem for all. ;)

Hasta la vista. Haista vittu.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:55 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15259
nero wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
Puerto Rican version of Ray Nagin. Look, Carmen, it's a fucking ISLAND, you dumbass. Trump is right. There is political motive here. This Liz-Miranda clown is the Puerto Rican version of Kanye West. FEMA is not supposed to do everything. They already have 10,000 federal employees in the relief effort. FEMA did not repair the electrical grid in Florida..that was the utilities. If you live up in some mountain village with chickens on the main road then go get some water out of a stream and f****** boil it. The National Weather Service told you it was coming 10 days ahead of time. FEMA unloaded 9000 huge containers in San Juan harbor but there are no local truck drivers. What, is everyone practicing to be shortstop for the Yankees?

Yea, yea.

But if FEMA does not hel PR, why is Jones Act applied to PR?` :roll:

Seems a little unfair to me. :(

Nero, you may or may not know this, but the relevant part of the Jones Act is:

Quote:
Section 27 of the Jones Act deals with cabotage and requires that all goods transported by water between U.S. ports be carried on U.S.-flag ships, constructed in the United States, owned by U.S. citizens, and crewed by U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchant_ ... ct_of_1920

There are thousands of shipping containers sitting in the port of San Juan.

Quote:
Of the 3,000 containers that Crowley alone had sent to San Juan's port as of Wednesday, only 4% had been dispatched from there, Ayala said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/27/us/puerto ... index.html

Lifting the Jones Act just means that even MORE shipping containers will be unloaded into the port.
Suspending the Jones Act has NOTHING to do with getting those shipping containers moved out of the port and distributed out to the island.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:53 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 13767
Sneere must be getting his news from PMSNBC. It's a nonstop 24/7 Trump hates negroes in Puerto Rico hatefest. PR is the Caribbean New Orleans. Billions in federal development money has been sucked sucked into the trust funds of usual corrupt democrats while the infrastructure has been ignored. It's a disaster made by democrats, just like New Orleans. The DNC put the word out to loyal party members and the whining commenced on cue. Puerto Rico was a corrupt shit hole long before the hurricane. This is like the Menendez brothers demanding sympathy because they are orphans.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

doggie wrote:
This is like the Menendez brothers demanding sympathy because they are orphans.

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:19 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 8782
nero wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:

Never heard about the banana republics and united fruit. :roll:

How the US has supported military and other forms of despotism in places you just mention.

Read some books. ;)
Nero, we've been over this before.

Why is Latin America such a mess with all their resources they should be a shining city on the hill, except they got their political concepts from Spain and Portugal and it didn't include private property rights.

A indentured immigrant in the states who finished his contract is free and got a land grant.

Not the case in Latin America.

If you would just pay attention to what I've posted previously like viewtopic.php?p=304456#p304456

And this video spells it out in plain language starting at roughly 10:15 he points out that property rights is one of the 6 killer apps that separate the West and the rest.

Start reading the books I posted about on the first page 'Why the West?' thread in the 'Enemies of the People Re-Education Centre' forum

You harp about my posting videos and other people's words, at least their words are clear and to the point, not like this:

"Never heard about the banana republics and united fruit. :roll:

Read some books. ;)"

I suggest you follow your own advice and stop with the leftist 'bumper sticker' arguments.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

What Abrad says is absolutely true. The Mexican land grant system was absolutely feudal. Huge land owning of hundreds of square miles. All based on birth right, never on merit. 2-4 European Spaniards at the top, hundreds of Indios laboring for the "patron"

Look at Los Angeles..tiny little settlement under the Mexicans with a couple of burros and dung and mud adobe one story buildings..the Anglos take over..instant metropolis.

Monterrey took off even faster than LA..100 US Marines walk into town, raise the flag....voila! Instant economy.

You perhaps have never been to Mexico? When a red haired or even green-eyed baby is born they huddle around like it is a miracle from God. In a way it is, because it is a ticket. It means you have "guera" blood.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15259
The mayor of San Juan felt the need to criticize Trump and FEMA for their response to the Hurricane in Puerto Rico:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 8f311b4779

Quote:
Carmen Yulín Cruz, the mayor of San Juan, gave voice to this tension on Friday when she criticized acting Homeland Security Secretary Elaine Duke’s assertion that the federal response is “a good-news story in terms of our ability to reach people” and the relatively low death toll. In televised interviews, she said the situation on the island is anything but good news, with people scraping for food, and for their lives.

Cruz delivered what she described as a “mayday” call to Washington in a news conference Friday, decrying federal and local government logistical failures in delivering basic goods to communities across Puerto Rico. She said the federal response has “collapsed,” emotionally describing how provincial mayors have tried unsuccessfully to retrieve critical goods from the government command center in San Juan.

“People are dying in this country,” Cruz said. “I am begging, begging anyone that can hear us, to save us from dying. If anybody out there is listening to us, we are dying and you are killing us with the inefficiency and the bureaucracy.”

Here's the thing though:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/30/exclu ... -meetings/

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Fellow Puerto Rico Mayor Rips San Juan Mayor — ‘She’s Not Participating In Any Meetings’
ALEX PFEIFFER AND PETER HASSON
Reporters
8:54 PM 09/30/2017

The mayor of Guaynabo, Puerto Rico cast serious doubt Saturday on the claims made by San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, who has repeatedly attacked President Trump and accused him of abandoning Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.

Guaynabo’s mayor, Angel Perez, said in an interview with The Daily Caller that his experience with the federal government has been different from Cruz’s, in part because — unlike Cruz — he has been participating in meetings with officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and other federal agencies.

Cruz has repeatedly accused Trump and the federal government of abandoning Puerto Rico. She demanded in a press conference on Friday that Trump do more to help the island, adding that “we are going to see is something close to a genocide” if more is not done.

Mayor Perez told TheDC that the story Cruz is telling the media doesn’t mesh with what he has seen from the federal government.

“My experience is different. I have been participating in different meetings at the headquarters of FEMA and our government and the help is coming in and right now my experience is different from hers. I’m receiving help from the government, we are receiving assistance from FEMA, I got people over here helping us with applications for the people that have damage in their houses. And we have here in Guaynabo, we have thousands of people that lost partially or totally their houses,” said Perez, who is a member of Puerto Rico’s New Progressive Party.

Perez’s comments echoed what FEMA administrator Brock Long said on Saturday. Long defended Trump’s tweets blasting Cruz and indicated that Cruz has failed to connect with the FEMA command center set up on the island to help with the relief effort.

When asked about Cruz’s “genocide” statement, Perez said, “I don’t know why she is saying that. What I can tell you is my experience. She is not participating in any meetings and we had a couple already with the governors and with representation of FEMA and of HUD, of these whole federal agencies that have given us help and she’s not participating in those meetings and some mayors from her political party have been participating, so I don’t know why she is saying that. My experience is very different.”

She apparently has not felt the need, or had the time, to meet with the people from FEMA that are there to help her....but she has had the time to get these nifty t-shirts printed up for her interview with Anderson Cooper:

:roll:

She is going to give Ray Nagin a run for his money...

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next