Political Violence

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

Re: Political Violence

#261 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:51 pm

Yep. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be anyway round it. There IS going to be more violence from the New Totalitarian Tribalists.

nero
Sergeant Major

#262 Post by nero » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:56 pm

Anthropoid wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:51 pm
Yep. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be anyway round it. There IS going to be more violence from the New Totalitarian Tribalists.
Is this a threat? Those who go against Trump have to face the consequences? :shock:
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#263 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:58 pm

nero wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:56 pm
Anthropoid wrote:
Is this a threat? Those who go against Trump have to face the consequences? :shock:
Wow, I take you off ignore just for a little trial run and within less than 5 minutes you're already doing your best to convince me it was a bad idea :lol:

If I want to speak to someone who is demented, I can call my mother-in-law who literally IS diagnosed. Have you had YOUR brain scanned yet?

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#264 Post by chijohnaok » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:03 pm

nero wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
Hey Nero, Anthro said that the violence will be coming FROM "New Totalitarian Tribalists"....that is his word for the leftist/SJW/ANTIFA types.
In other words the violence comes FROM the leftist/SJW/ANTIFA types and is directed at anyone that does not agree with their views.

And as evidence of that we have seen three separate incidents just within the past week:
----someone driving a van through a tent of GOP supporters who were registering people to vote. That happened in in Jacksonville, FL
---A man in New Hampshire who AT A POLLING PLACE assaulted a 15 yr old boy who was wearing a Trump hat, then for good measure he punched a man in the face (and broke his jaw) who came to the defense of the boy
---A man in Florida who approached a group of Trump supporters, made threatening statements at them, and waved a sword within 6 inches of their face.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

nero
Sergeant Major

#265 Post by nero » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:15 pm

chijohnaok wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:03 pm
nero wrote:

Hey Nero, Anthro said that the violence will be coming FROM "New Totalitarian Tribalists"....that is his word for the leftist/SJW/ANTIFA types.
In other words the violence comes FROM the leftist/SJW/ANTIFA types and is directed at anyone that does not agree with their views.

And as evidence of that we have seen three separate incidents just within the past week:
----someone driving a van through a tent of GOP supporters who were registering people to vote. That happened in in Jacksonville, FL
---A man in New Hampshire who AT A POLLING PLACE assaulted a 15 yr old boy who was wearing a Trump hat, then for good measure he punched a man in the face (and broke his jaw) who came to the defense of the boy
---A man in Florida who approached a group of Trump supporters, made threatening statements at them, and waved a sword within 6 inches of their face.
Sorry, I confused the Trump cultists with arms, MAGA people with the "New Totalitarian Tribalists". :o

I din't realize is is true.

Mea culpa. :(
Last edited by nero on Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major

#266 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:19 pm

Sheeze pay attention . . . "New Totalitarian Tribalists" is my term for ALL the whacked out movements and ideologies which share certain features. Some people like to generalize this broad family of movements as "Leftist," but I think that is wholly inadequate.

nero
Sergeant Major

#267 Post by nero » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:08 pm

Anthropoid wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:19 pm
Sheeze pay attention . . . "New Totalitarian Tribalists" is my term for ALL the whacked out movements and ideologies which share certain features. Some people like to generalize this broad family of movements as "Leftist," but I think that is wholly inadequate.
So you would expand the spectrum to the right too.

And if you accept the notion that when political leaders interfere the judicial system is one key aspect of totalitarianism, we talk business. ;)

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major

#268 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:34 pm

nero wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:08 pm
Anthropoid wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:19 pm
So you would expand the spectrum to the right too.

And if you accept the notion that when political leaders interfere the judicial system is one key aspect of totalitarianism, we talk business. ;)
IMO, the term "Right" is equally nonsensical. In truth, the term "Republican Party" is actually fairly problematic at this stage because: (a) this party is now 'ruled' (I put that in quotes, but clearly it is not a matter of true autocratic control, but rather a 'very high degree of influence') by "Donald J. Trump" a person who has at various points in his life been associated with the Democratic Party or with no party at all, and moreover (b) a person who was DEEPLY opposed by many vocal and influential elements within the Republican Party right up until the outcomes of their "Primaries" gave them no choice but to accept his "hostile takeover" of their party. Resistance by Republicans to the Trump "takeover" of their party continued for sometime over the course of his first year in office (Mueller is an historically Republican associated official, as is Mitt Romney and many others who have acted clearly in opposition to Donald Trump). At this point, resistance to Trump among members of the party he took over in 2016 is rather uncommon, and the blatant wrongdoing of the so-called Democratic Party is a big part of that.