maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Political Violence
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:25 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7152
Threatening to kill someone isn't free speech.

It's a felony.

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:28 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17032
jwilkerson wrote:
but I do think threatening to kill someone in public is crossing a line

I doubt Johnny Depp will be getting arrested anytime soon about his recents comments on killing Trump...

Quote:
Actor Johnny Depp appeared to threaten US President Donald Trump during a speech at the Glastonbury Festival.

"Can you bring Trump here?" he asked the audience, as he introduced a screening of his film The Libertine.

After receiving jeers from the crowd, he added: "You misunderstand completely. When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?"

"I want to clarify," he added, "I'm not an actor. I lie for a living [but] it's been a while. Maybe it's about time."

The star acknowledged that his comments - which may have been a reference to the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln by actor John Wilkes Booth in 1865 - would prove controversial.

"By the way, this is going to be in the press and it'll be horrible," he said.

"It's just a question, I'm not insinuating anything."

Despite his comments, the Pirates of the Caribbean actor was given a rock star welcome at Worthy Farm.

Wearing distressed jeans and a black fedora, he was mobbed by fans as he arrived; and his comments about President Trump were met with laughter, mixed with a little shock.

Speaking to the BBC afterwards, one fan was more concerned with meeting her idol than analysing his politics.

"I don't even know what to say. I'm going to die," said Jess Gallagher. "He reached out and touched my hand and I don't know what to do.

"He's an amazing actor and I've loved him ever since I studied him in year 11 in A-Level drama. I can't cope!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40377075

"It's just a question" = "Just a prank bro"

"The star acknowledged that his comments - which may have been a reference to the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln by actor John Wilkes Booth in 1865 - would prove controversial."

May have been. :roll:

Just fuck off with that fucking shit Beeb. It was crystal clear to anyone with half a brain what he meant.

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
"Why is the rum gone?"

Was he high or drunk? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:55 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/ ... man-482193

Quote:
Man arrested for threatening to murder Virginia congressman

By KYLE CHENEY 03/23/2018 02:17 PM EDT Updated 03/23/2018 03:01 PM EDT

A Virginia Beach man was charged Friday with threatening to murder his local congressman, Rep. Scott Taylor (R-Va.), the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia announced Friday.

According to court documents, Wallace Grove Godwin, 69, visited Taylor's office on Thursday and threatened to shoot him and two staffers at a Saturday event. The dispute arose, according to the District Attorney's office, over a discussion about marijuana policy.

“Scott is having an event this Saturday. I am going to get my shotgun and do something about this. I will just handle this myself," Godwin allegedly said to a Taylor staffer. He then pointed to two staffers in the room and said, “You two are next," authorities said.

Gowdin is expected to appear in a federal courthouse in Norfolk, Va. on Friday afternoon. The maximum penalty for threatening a member of Congress is 10 years in prison.

Lawmakers have clamored for more funding for personal security over the last year amid increased hostility at local events — and especially after last year's baseball practice shooting that left House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) gravely wounded.

According to the Capitol Police officer who handled the arrest, Godwin — who holds a legal concealed carry permit — had a previous run-in with Taylor at Taylor's private residence. According to the officer, in 2017 Godwin "blocked the Congressman's vehicle with his own vehicle, and waited for the Congressman to come outside."

"The Congressman left his residence and told GODWIN to move his vehicle. GODWIN then exited the vehicle to speak to the Congressman about marijuana policy," according to the officer's affidavit. "The Congressman told GODWIN to leave and GODWIN left the residence without further incident."

Gowdin was also reported to the Capitol Police in March 2017 after visiting Taylor's Virginia Beach office and berating staff.

Federal court records show that Godwin last year sued the federal government for "non-enforcement" of marijuana laws.

Taylor, a former Navy SEAL, served in Iraq as a sniper in Iraq in 2005. He has also been stationed in the United States and Latin America.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:23 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
chijohnaok wrote:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/23/man-arrested-for-threatening-to-murder-virginia-congressman-482193

Quote:
Man arrested for threatening to murder Virginia congressman

By KYLE CHENEY 03/23/2018 02:17 PM EDT Updated 03/23/2018 03:01 PM EDT

A Virginia Beach man was charged Friday with threatening to murder his local congressman, Rep. Scott Taylor (R-Va.), the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia announced Friday.

According to court documents, Wallace Grove Godwin, 69, visited Taylor's office on Thursday and threatened to shoot him and two staffers at a Saturday event. The dispute arose, according to the District Attorney's office, over a discussion about marijuana policy.

“Scott is having an event this Saturday. I am going to get my shotgun and do something about this. I will just handle this myself," Godwin allegedly said to a Taylor staffer. He then pointed to two staffers in the room and said, “You two are next," authorities said.

Gowdin is expected to appear in a federal courthouse in Norfolk, Va. on Friday afternoon. The maximum penalty for threatening a member of Congress is 10 years in prison.

Lawmakers have clamored for more funding for personal security over the last year amid increased hostility at local events — and especially after last year's baseball practice shooting that left House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) gravely wounded.

According to the Capitol Police officer who handled the arrest, Godwin — who holds a legal concealed carry permit — had a previous run-in with Taylor at Taylor's private residence. According to the officer, in 2017 Godwin "blocked the Congressman's vehicle with his own vehicle, and waited for the Congressman to come outside."

"The Congressman left his residence and told GODWIN to move his vehicle. GODWIN then exited the vehicle to speak to the Congressman about marijuana policy," according to the officer's affidavit. "The Congressman told GODWIN to leave and GODWIN left the residence without further incident."

Gowdin was also reported to the Capitol Police in March 2017 after visiting Taylor's Virginia Beach office and berating staff.

Federal court records show that Godwin last year sued the federal government for "non-enforcement" of marijuana laws.

Taylor, a former Navy SEAL, served in Iraq as a sniper in Iraq in 2005. He has also been stationed in the United States and Latin America.

I've always had the impression that Virginia Beach has an unusually high percentage of crazies.

Is that impression unfounded?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

I was there last November. One step up from Atlantic City...barely.

"Non-enforcement of marijuana laws"? That sounds like a crazy cause to me.

This guy needs his concealed carry permit revoked.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:01 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
jack t ripper wrote:
I was there last November. One step up from Atlantic City...barely.

"Non-enforcement of marijuana laws"? That sounds like a crazy cause to me.

This guy needs his concealed carry permit revoked.

He fits the very definition of "terrorist".

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:10 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14552
Well, he fits the definition of a deranged person at least. Criminal threatening strangers is, one may suppose, not common among the rational or sane.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/03/aboli ... -nebraska/

Quote:
ABOLISH ICE’: VANDALS THROW BRICK THROUGH WINDOW OF GOP OFFICE, LEAVE GRAFFITI MESSAGE

3:48 PM 07/03/2018
Peter Hasson | Reporter

Vandals threw a brick through the window of the Nebraska Republican Party’s headquarters in Lincoln, Nebraska, on Monday night, the party said Tuesday.

Republican staffers found a spray-painted message beneath the broken window: “ABOLISH ICE.”

Nebraska GOP executive director Kenny Zoeller confirmed to The Daily Caller News Foundation that they have filed a police report in relation to Monday night’s vandalism.

Prominent Democrats across the country have been whipping up support for abolishing U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement (ICE), in an appeal to the party’s left-wing base.

Zoeller linked the destruction to the increasingly heated rhetoric from national Democrats. (RELATED: Trump Allies, Staffers Face Harassment Anywhere They Show Their Faces)

“This destructive criminal activity is disappointing, but unsurprising, given the increasingly radical rhetoric of national Democrat leaders and candidates like Jane Raybould, Kara Eastman, and Jane Kleeb. Violence is the natural result of the Left’s statements urging Democrats to literally ‘push back’ on Republicans and ‘resist’ at any cost,” Zoeller said. “Voters face a stark choice between sanity and the rabid, hateful words that sparked this vandalism.”

Democratic California Rep. Maxine Waters recently urged liberals to harass and “push back” against Trump staffers who show their faces in public.

Follow Hasson on Twitter @PeterJHasson

They were just 'pushing back' like Cong. Maxine told them to.

It was ONLY vandalism and no actual human was injured...so no big worry--right?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/ ... -again-hat

Quote:
VIDEO: Teen attacked at Whataburger for wearing 'Make America Great Again' hat

by Joe Galli Wednesday, July 4th 2018

[news video at above link]

SAN ANTONIO - Police are investigating after a teen says he was verbally attacked and assaulted at a Whataburger for wearing a Make America Great Again hat.

In the video, you can see a man throw a drink in 16-year-old Hunter Richard's face before leaving the restaurant with his hat. Hunter said some of his hair was pulled during the assault.

"I support my President and if you don’t let’s have a conversation about it instead of ripping my hat off. I just think a conversation about politics is more productive for the entire whole rather than taking my hat and yelling subjective words to me," he said.

Hunter was with his friends at the Whataburger off Nacogdoches and Thousand Oaks Tuesday night when it happened. They say the attack was unprovoked.

"I didn’t think it was going to generate the amount like what people are doing, I was looking at the comments by some people and “ they are like this is uncalled for” and other people are like mixed opinions but I didn’t think it would blow up to what it is now," he said.

A police report has been filed.

This incident didn't result in an major physical injury but it is indicative of the current trend in leftist anti-Trumpers taking their inability to discuss political differences in peaceful rational manner.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next