maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Political Violence
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
mdiehl wrote:
No, that is not an innate assumption of nationalism.

The working assumption of nationalism is that co-citizens of a state have a first (and perhaps the ONLY) obligation to each other rather than to citizens of a foreign power.

Where people take it from there is just politics as usual. Consider Globalism. It's basically Colonialism repackaged as an appeal to "the Greater Good." But who benefits? It's never poor people. The difference between Globalism and Militarist Expansionism is that (1) in Military expansionism the weapons are weapons, where in Globalism the weapons are economic policies, and (2) in Globalism, it's perfectly acceptable to fuck over, deplete, impoverish, and suppress the civil rights of citizens of your own nation as long as the rich people who run your nation are further enriched in the doing of it.

Certainly white, (or ethnic as you like to express it,) nationalism includes the idea of superiority. ;)

Nero,

Do you know who was the leader of what was probably one of the biggest "nationalist" movements in history (at least by the number of followers)?

Mussolini?

Hitler?

Donald Trump?

No.

I give you Mahatma Gandhi.

Do you know who the biggest "nationalist" in the history of the United States was?

Jefferson Davis?

David Duke?

Donald Trump?

No.

I give you Abraham Lincoln.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... there-wil/

Quote:
Actor James Cromwell warns of 'revolution': 'There will be blood in the streets' if Democrats lose

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Actor James Cromwell told an audience Sunday night that a violent revolution is coming if Democrats don’t win the midterm elections.

“Something is coming up, which is desperately important to this country and to this planet, and that is an election, in which hopefully in some measure we are going to take back our democracy,” Mr. Cromwell, best known for his roles in “The Green Mile” and “Babe,” said in accepting a Carney Award in Santa Monica, California, Variety reported.

“We will have a government that represents us and not the donor class,” he continued. “We will cut through the corruption, [and] we won’t have to do what comes next, which is either a nonviolent revolution or a violent one, because this has got to end.”

Speaking to Variety on the red carpet before the event, Mr. Cromwell said, “There will be blood in the streets” if President Trump stays in power.

“This is nascent fascism. We always had a turnkey, totalitarian state — all we needed was an excuse, and all the institutions were in place to turn this into pure fascism,” he said. “If we don’t stop [President Trump] now, then we will have a revolution for real. Then there will be blood in the streets.”

Mr. Cromwell, 78, is a longtime liberal activist who has been arrested multiple times for protesting environmental issues.

:roll:

FFS....run some credible candidates......teach millennials where they can purchase a postage stamp.
If you can't be bothered enough to do this, then don't start threatening violence.

Maybe someone should tell Mr. Cromwell that conservative NRA members own a ot of guns.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
“We will have a government that represents us and not the donor class,”

What a fucking idiot. Trump funded much of his early campaign. Hildabeast was the one with the $500K Wall St speaking fees and donations from Potentate Housa bin Farteen

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15961
Its like a pile of week-old excrement calling a fresh balogna sandwich disgusting and stinky.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:55 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 19398
Commie skank gets herself arrested after throwing chocolate milk over college Republicans...

Quote:
An intern for Democratic Florida gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum has been arrested and charged with battery after she threw chocolate milk on a group of College Republicans tabling on campus.

The far-left student activist who had the profanity-laced meltdown, Shelby Shoup, is listed as an intern for the Andrew Gillum for Florida Governor Campaign on LinkedIn and a member of FSU Students for Justice in Palestine. Gillum's campaign did not return a Fox News request for comment.

A portion of the profane exchange with the College Republicans on campus was caught on camera.

Shoup threw her drink on SFU College Republicans Vice-Membership Chair, Daisy Judge, and when another student passing by tried to de-escalate the situation, she threw the remainder of her drink on him, according to a statement released by the College Republicans at FSU.

“You are supporting Nazis,” Shoup said in the video posted online. “Do you understand that?”

Another student snapped back at the girl wearing a communist pin: “And you are supporting communism?”

She replied: “Yeah, I f***ing am.”

“Don’t pour your coffee on me,” he said.

But Shoup replied, "F*** you. I will," before she opened her chocolate milk and threw it on him.

She then went on a profanity-laced tirade about fascism and accused the Republican students of “normalizing Nazis” and blaming them for the Tree of Life Synagogue massacre and other incidents.

As Shoup stormed away, she kicked a DeSantis sign out of the ground.

The FSU College Republicans called it an “alarming display of the extremely charged political environment that has arisen in recent months and years.

“No person, regardless of where they fall on the political spectrum, should be targeted and assaulted because of their political beliefs. We are glad that no serious physical harm came to our Vice-Membership Chair and will always stand up for the basic rights and respect that every one of our members is endowed.”

FSU said the student was identified, arrested, and charged with battery in a statement Friday morning.

“FSU is diverse community that values and respects each person,” the school wrote. “FSU expects each members of the community to embrace the values of civility and ethical conduct and obey the law.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gillum-inter ... epublicans

Attachment:
1520198521544.jpg
1520198521544.jpg [ 40.76 KiB | Viewed 78 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:35 am 
Sergeant Major

Not sure if the "chocolate milk" was symbolic. Somebody throws pie or chocolate milk on me it's go time. Once the other party commits an assault you are permitted to defend yourself. Afterward you claim you thought it was acid. :lol:

Now, if it's 6 Antfa guys in helmets and armed with bike locks it's time to run....but a Commie chick...bring it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:45 am 
Sergeant Major

Tucker Carlson reacts to Commie Choco-milk gurl:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:51 am 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
FSU said the student was identified, arrested, and charged with battery in a statement Friday morning.

“FSU is diverse community that values and respects each person,” the school wrote. “FSU expects each members of the community to embrace the values of civility and ethical conduct and obey the law.”

I am glad that the university reacted (although arrest sounds excessive).
What she did though probably falls within the bounds of the statute.
Hopefully, an arrest will serve as a deterrent to people doing this sort of shit (but I doubt it). The Vegan Commies of FSU club is probably planning a protest for Monday in support of Nesquik Gurl.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:47 am 
Sergeant Major

Wow! What a bitch. I think she forgot to take her meds.

She's "normalizing" assault

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:17 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15961
chijohnaok wrote:
Tucker Carlson reacts to Commie Choco-milk gurl:

Tucker always seems to deliver a presentation which strikes a healthy balance between accessibility to all minds and higher-level analysis. I tend to agree with him 97.5% of the time I guess.

My hope, is that "the left" hits rock bottom, and when it bounces it rises in a new form, a "Reformed Progressive" form which is a suitable "opposition" to whatever it is it opposes.

I get the impression there were times in American history when the two halves of the moiety were like that: more similar than different. In fact, they don't seem to NEED to be "different" much at all, as long as they oppose one another and keep one another in check, i.e., prevent a one-party state and a slide in to authoritarianism.

A jury doesn't have to have any particular stance at all, other than to be as impartial as they are capable of being. Political parties should live by that ethos as well.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next