maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Political Violence
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:39 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7152

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13981
It is true that violence has always been sacred for leftists. But at the time the term "left-right" arose, it arguably was legitimate that the leftists in France wanted to kill the aristocrats, clergy and wealthy who held the society in a death grip.

I don't think it is legitimate to criticize this current wave of leftist vitriol and violence simply on the basis that it is violent and hostile. There is a place for violence and hostility, and were it not for it, we'd still be living in the Commonwealth and the French would still be living under Monarchs . . .

The point of criticism is that leftist, or I think more accurately "anti-Trump" rhetoric is completely disproportionate to any justification for violence. In fact, there is ZERO justification for political violence in the United States at this time, and I would query any one who claims differently what exactly they can identify with sound empirical proof that represents justification for political violence.

When you lose an election fair and square and do not like the attitude, policies and procedures of the new administration, that may be unpleasant; but it is NOT justification for political violence.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:05 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
THE RUSSIANS STOLE THE ELECTION FOR TRUMP! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13177
<< There is a place for violence>>

Yup and I call those places "ganglands" ... which applies to most of the areas of earth these days ... ganglands are fine as long as you are prepared to find a way to eat ... whether a gangland is "good or bad" depends on whether you are on the winning side ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Trump just filed his financial interests statements due in May of 2018 :lol:

Scott Pelley at CBS...on his way out the door for shitty ratings reports

"Mr Trump has liabilities of $350 million dollars! Much of it owed to Deutsche bank."

Well, DUMBASS, that is partly why you are getting fired. 350 million in liabilities on assets of 1.6 billion makes you a rich fucker, dumbass.

The guy reports $550 MILLION in income in 2016. :lol: :lol: Reality check people. How do you bribe a guy making $550 million a year? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think about it. How much would you have to give him? $1 million? What does it matter?

Putin: Meester Trump if you remove sanctions over Ukraine KGB geev you ONE MEELLYION DOLLARS!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Even the violence against the Monarchy in France became sadistic and unjustifiable. The revolutionaries became tyrants in their own rights.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:38 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Anthropoid wrote:

When you lose an election fair and square and do not like the attitude, policies and procedures of the new administration, that may be unpleasant; but it is NOT justification for political violence.

No, it's an overt attempt to overturn our election process, and convert this country into a 3rd world Communist banana republic shit hole.

At some point, the other side will start fighting back. Literally. Then these criminal wannabe commies will really start crying, and nobody else will be listening.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13981
@Jack T, Jwilk, Jack T, and Nef: yep good comments and I agree.

The left have become insane, much the way "the left" in France in the wake of the fall of the Monarchy became insane. Perhaps it is intrinsic to that pole of the political spectrum. After all, if you want change then you are perhaps several steps closer to insane than if you want status quo. Change seems to be what this "left/right" thing was/is in essence--at least at the outset, and by degrees through all the various incarnations the dichotomy takes over the centuries.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:32 pm 
Sergeant Major

OK, this one is maybe only "potential" political violence.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/06/22/i ... president/
Quote:
Illinois Man Charged With Threatening To Kill The President
JOHN SEXTONPosted at 5:21 pm on June 22, 2017

Given the attack which took place in Alexandria last week, I’m sure the Secret Service is not taking threats like this lightly. An Illinois man named Joseph Lynn Pickett was indicted Wednesday for making assassination threats against President Trump on Facebook. From the Belleville News-Democrat:

“Before I die I want our president and congress to sign a treaty to never side with Russia or any enemy of the United States of America! If one will then that person deserves to be shot,” his post read. “Guess what Trump? I’m waiting for the right time…and I KNOW your (sic) Putin’s (expletive)! The secret service now has a heads up as to my plan to assassinate Trump…let’s see if they act.”…

“Honestly am I really going to have to kill trump before our fine Government (the jack booted thugs they are) actually takes me into custody for threatening to assassinate President Donald Trump?” Pickett wrote. “I mean he sold our country to The Russians. He is a Benedict Arnold but hey the (expletive) is our President even though he needs a blade in his neck. And you dumb, asses who stick up for him…who’s gonna protect you when someone like me comes t (sic) take you out.”

The story adds that Pickett lost his job at Lowes about “six to eight months ago” after he allegedly made a threat against a co-worker. It’s not clear from the story what the threat was about or whether the timing had anything to do with the election. However, it was two former co-workers from Lowes who contacted the Secret Service about Pickett’s online threats.

Pickett is being held without bail until his trial. The Associated Press reports his public defender has not responded to questions so we haven’t heard another side of this story yet (if there is one). But one thing seems clear, the left-wing campaign to portray the President as a Russian collaborator is being heard loud and clear in Illinois.

Another nut job from Illinois.

Maybe there is something in the water there...

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:54 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13177
I believe in free speech ... I stood in the chow line of the US Army for 4 years to defend the right of free speech ... but I do think threatening to kill someone in public is crossing a line ... you should at least be told to calm down and find other things to do ... and if you do it again ... or if you actually have a plan or take action in accordance with a plan, well then you crossed another line ... and that would deserve a slap on the wrist, etc.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next