maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: AP sources: Trump tells senators House health bill ‘mean’
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:58 am 
Offline
Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:09 am
Posts: 1012
Location: On the beach
Reputation points: 2434
Quote:
AP sources: Trump tells senators House health bill ‘mean’

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump told Republican senators Tuesday that the House-passed health care bill he helped revive is “mean” and urged them to craft a version that is “more generous,” congressional sources said.

Trump’s remarks were a surprising slap at a Republican-written House measure that was shepherded by Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and whose passage the president lobbied for and praised. At a Rose Garden ceremony minutes after the bill’s narrow House passage on May 4, Trump called it “a great plan.”


Continued: https://apnews.com/b5383189b4dc4dea9489 ... ll-%27mean

Do folks really think this is surprising?

Any replacement of Obamacare will be a bi-partisan effort. Trump will not settle for anything else. If the Dems continue to "resist" in the name of demagoguery, this will become a front line issue in 2018. The death spiral of Obamacare will be placed directly in the laps of the Dems as it should be... it's their law.

I don't expect a replacement of Obamacare before the election. But I do expect the Dems will suffer tremendously in the elections for failing to be part of the process.

_________________
"In this present crisis, Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: AP sources: Trump tells senators House health bill ‘mean
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:32 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 12094
Reputation points: 2711
Lava wrote:
Quote:
AP sources: Trump tells senators House health bill ‘mean’

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump told Republican senators Tuesday that the House-passed health care bill he helped revive is “mean” and urged them to craft a version that is “more generous,” congressional sources said.

Trump’s remarks were a surprising slap at a Republican-written House measure that was shepherded by Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and whose passage the president lobbied for and praised. At a Rose Garden ceremony minutes after the bill’s narrow House passage on May 4, Trump called it “a great plan.”


Continued: https://apnews.com/b5383189b4dc4dea9489 ... ll-%27mean

Do folks really think this is surprising?

Any replacement of Obamacare will be a bi-partisan effort. Trump will not settle for anything else. If the Dems continue to "resist" in the name of demagoguery, this will become a front line issue in 2018. The death spiral of Obamacare will be placed directly in the laps of the Dems as it should be... it's their law.

I don't expect a replacement of Obamacare before the election. But I do expect the Dems will suffer tremendously in the elections for failing to be part of the process.

New development...

How do you feel now? :roll:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: AP sources: Trump tells senators House health bill ‘mean
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:33 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 12094
Reputation points: 2711
And who is better that Seth to explain.



:roll:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: AP sources: Trump tells senators House health bill ‘mean
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:55 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 22416
Reputation points: 14673
It's an IED, the Dems buried the thing and only the Dems can cut the wires.

Big, big political mistake for Trump to call the House bill "mean". He just created 100 campaign ads for 2018. If he thinks the Dems are going to work with him he is delusional. They only thing they have in their quiver is opposition to Trump. Ted Cruz is not going to lose an election in Texas unless there is an asteroid strike.

Anyone who is paying attention should already know Trump is no conservative.

_________________
I haven't figured out how to the block thingy works but if anyone alters my posts I will become really, really angry and throw monkey poop out of my cage.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: AP sources: Trump tells senators House health bill ‘mean
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:32 pm 
Online
buck private
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 13584
Reputation points: 8315
'AP Sources'
Quote:
Trump’s comments were described by two GOP congressional sources who received accounts of Tuesday’s White House lunch. They spoke on condition of anonymity to reveal a closed-door conversation.

Their descriptions of Trump’s words differed slightly.
They are anonymous, and received accounts of the closed door session.

When I hear it from a named primary source I'll believe it.

Just another rumor.

MSM

_________________
Use KISS or the old man won't understand.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: AP sources: Trump tells senators House health bill ‘mean
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:02 pm 
Online
buck private
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 13584
Reputation points: 8315
abradley wrote:
'AP Sources'
Quote:
Trump’s comments were described by two GOP congressional sources who received accounts of Tuesday’s White House lunch. They spoke on condition of anonymity to reveal a closed-door conversation.

Their descriptions of Trump’s words differed slightly.
They are anonymous, and received accounts of the closed door session.

When I hear it from a named primary source I'll believe it.

Just another rumor.

MSM
FNC

Trump confirmed he call the bill 'mean'.

_________________
Use KISS or the old man won't understand.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: AP sources: Trump tells senators House health bill ‘mean
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:56 am 
Offline
Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:09 am
Posts: 1012
Location: On the beach
Reputation points: 2434
jack t ripper wrote:
If he thinks the Dems are going to work with him he is delusional.


Then the Dems will go down in flames in 2018 and some Republicans will go down with them.

It is already being widely understood that the Dems "have no message." They have no message because they have abandoned their base (the workers). Instead they have chosen Globalism (where the few benefit and the many get fucked).

Trump campaigned against "all talk and no action politicians." He didn't say Republican politicians. He didn't say Democratic politicians. He said politicians... which means ALL of them.

The health care bill is proving him right...

_________________
"In this present crisis, Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"Because in America, we don't worship Government; we worship God." - Donald Trump


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group