maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: ANTIFA - Unreasonable?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:06 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 31624
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
Two dozen (according to the video) idiots decided to hold a rally in Georgia and burn a swastika.

That is not a litmus test for fascism or racism in the United States.

They were exercising their constitutional rights to assembly and free speech.

I may not like what they say, but they have a right to say it.

I did not see any indication in that video that you posted that those protesters damaged public and private property.
I see no indication that they tossed fireworks or explosives at police (like protesters at Berkeley did).

They may have dispicable views, but they were law abiding in how they went about their protest.

Antifa in Berkeley however broke the law.
That was stated in the article that I linked and it was apparent in the video that was embedded within that article.

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ANTIFA - Unreasonable?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:13 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 16117
Reputation points: 720
chijohnaok wrote:
Two dozen (according to the video) idiots decided to hold a rally in Georgia and burn a swastika.

That is not a litmus test for fascism or racism in the United States.

They were exercising their constitutional rights to assembly and free speech.

I may not like what they say, but they have a right to say it.

I did not see any indication in that video that you posted that those protesters damaged public and private property.
I see no indication that they tossed fireworks or explosives at police (like protesters at Berkeley did).

They may have dispicable views, but they were law abiding in how they went about their protest.

Antifa in Berkeley however broke the law.
That was stated in the article that I linked and it was apparent in the video that was embedded within that article.

So you say. But how factual is that. Militias preparing for race war. The Turner diaries come true. You'll love it.

Really? :roll:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ANTIFA - Unreasonable?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:17 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 31624
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:


Whatever. :twisted:


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


We all know that Nero is much wiser than the above clowns...

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ANTIFA - Unreasonable?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 31624
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:
Two dozen (according to the video) idiots decided to hold a rally in Georgia and burn a swastika.

That is not a litmus test for fascism or racism in the United States.

They were exercising their constitutional rights to assembly and free speech.

I may not like what they say, but they have a right to say it.

I did not see any indication in that video that you posted that those protesters damaged public and private property.
I see no indication that they tossed fireworks or explosives at police (like protesters at Berkeley did).

They may have dispicable views, but they were law abiding in how they went about their protest.

Antifa in Berkeley however broke the law.
That was stated in the article that I linked and it was apparent in the video that was embedded within that article.

So you say. But how factual is that. Militias preparing for race war. The Turner diaries come true. You'll love it.

Really? :roll:


What facts in my post above are you questioning?

My comments were based on:
A) what the video that YOU posted showed
Where in that video were the demonstrators shown breaking the law?

B) what the news article that I posted (and some other news articles I read) stated.
The article said:
Quote:
Twenty people were arrested during competing demonstrations by Antifa and individuals connected to the alt-right. Three people were hurt after authorities say "extremists" threw explosives at police officers, Fox News reports. The explosives are believed to have consisted of fireworks and flares.


Quote:
Berkeley police said a group of protesters damaged 21 city vehicles and set fire to trash bins. Police also warned protesters prior to Sunday's demonstrations not to wear masks or bring items that could be used as weapons; however, images of the event show at least some people ignored the rules.


So again, what was unfactual in what I said?

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ANTIFA - Unreasonable?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 16117
Reputation points: 720
chijohnaok wrote:
nero wrote:


Whatever. :twisted:


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


We all know that Nero is much wiser than the above clowns...

:mrgreen:

I have a great respect for them.

But I do not know this Henry Hyde. Though the story of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is a classic.

And then with Chomsky and his context free grammars were pain in the arse. :twisted:

But then was your problem? :roll:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ANTIFA - Unreasonable?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 31624
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
Henry Hyde is a Republican from Illinois who served in Congress for 32 years.
He has nothing to the with Dr. Jekyll

You say that you have respect for them, but you either ignore OR don't understand that free speech includes allowing those who say things that you don't agree with to speak their opinion. Chomsky, Hyde and Orwell specifically speak to that.


So again, what was unfactual in what I said?

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ANTIFA - Unreasonable?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:48 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 16117
Reputation points: 720
chijohnaok wrote:
Henry Hyde is a Republican from Illinois who served in Congress for 32 years.
He has nothing to the with Dr. Jekyll

You say that you have respect for them, but you either ignore OR don't understand that free speech includes allowing those who say things that you don't agree with to speak their opinion. Chomsky, Hyde and Orwell specifically speak to that.


So again, what was unfactual in what I said?

Sorry, I didn't get your message from all the noise and pictures. Please repeat. :oops:

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ANTIFA - Unreasonable?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:52 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 31624
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
Furthermore, you were referring to the "Turner Diaries".

Quote:
As a cultural artifact, The Turner Diaries is political fiction that presents the means by which white nationalism (white separatism, eugenics, etc.) can be established with a race war against the perceived non-white enemies of the nation.[5][6]



Quote:
The narrative starts with a foreword set in 2099, one hundred years after the events depicted. The bulk of the book quotes the recently discovered diary of a man named Earl Turner, an active member of the white revolutionary movement that caused these events. The book details a violent, apocalyptic overthrow of the United States federal government (referred to throughout the book as "the System") by Turner and his militant comrades in a brutal race war that takes place first in North America, and then the rest of the world.


Two hints for you Nero:
1) THe Turner Diaries were a work of FICTION

2)The narrative starts with a foreword set in 2099, one hundred years after the events depicted.
If the narrative in Turner Diaries starts in the year 2099, and depicts events that occurred 100 years earlier, that means those events occurred in the year 1999. I would have presumed that they have calendars in Finland, but just in case they don't, we are currently in the year 2018. The events in the Turner Diaries never came to pass.

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ANTIFA - Unreasonable?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:56 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 31624
Location: West coast of the east coast
Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:
Henry Hyde is a Republican from Illinois who served in Congress for 32 years.
He has nothing to the with Dr. Jekyll

You say that you have respect for them, but you either ignore OR don't understand that free speech includes allowing those who say things that you don't agree with to speak their opinion. Chomsky, Hyde and Orwell specifically speak to that.


So again, what was unfactual in what I said?

Sorry, I didn't get your message from all the noise and pictures. Please repeat. :oops:


My message in posting those quotes from those famous, learned, respected men was this:
---Free speech is important
---Free speech includes allowing those that have opinions that you do not agree with to express their opinions

To elaborate further, the Georgia Nazis in your video have speech that I do not agree with; they have speech that I presume you do not agree with, but in the United States, they still have a constitutional right to say what they are saying.
US courts, including the US Supreme Court, have repeatedly agreed with this, with the caveat that such speech is not directly inciting violence.

_________________
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ANTIFA - Unreasonable?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:59 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 16117
Reputation points: 720
chijohnaok wrote:
Furthermore, you were referring to the "Turner Diaries".

Quote:
As a cultural artifact, The Turner Diaries is political fiction that presents the means by which white nationalism (white separatism, eugenics, etc.) can be established with a race war against the perceived non-white enemies of the nation.[5][6]



Quote:
The narrative starts with a foreword set in 2099, one hundred years after the events depicted. The bulk of the book quotes the recently discovered diary of a man named Earl Turner, an active member of the white revolutionary movement that caused these events. The book details a violent, apocalyptic overthrow of the United States federal government (referred to throughout the book as "the System") by Turner and his militant comrades in a brutal race war that takes place first in North America, and then the rest of the world.


Two hints for you Nero:
1) THe Turner Diaries were a work of FICTION

2)The narrative starts with a foreword set in 2099, one hundred years after the events depicted.
If the narrative in Turner Diaries starts in the year 2099, and depicts events that occurred 100 years earlier, that means those events occurred in the year 1999. I would have presumed that they have calendars in Finland, but just in case they don't, we are currently in the year 2018. The events in the Turner Diaries never came to pass.

I know that the Turner diaries are fiction, but anyway inspired nutjobs around the world, like Timothy McVeigh in Oklahoma, the NSU in Germany.

And you have read it, right? ;)

_________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group