maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Exit NATO
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17151
The F-16 is definitely a better A2A fighter than the Mirage 2K (which is a better ground attack a.c. than the F-16). Since Poland mostly needs a dogfighter -- no one imagines Poiand going on the offensive in case of a land war -- the F-16 is a somewhat better choice.

Also, if you needed a shit ton of parts fast, the F-16 has 'em. If Poland had bought Mirages, they'd have to worry about labor strikes and French gov't political manipulation to get access to the necessary parts and replacements.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:
... I don't think that the Americans would like to see the French fighting with the Turks ...

Why not ? I'm fine with the Frogs giving err dogge a whoopin' ... she deserves one ...

Yes! Send lots of pictures but stay away from Gallipoli.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:53 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 12003
mdiehl wrote:
The F-16 is definitely a better A2A fighter than the Mirage 2K (which is a better ground attack a.c. than the F-16). Since Poland mostly needs a dogfighter -- no one imagines Poiand going on the offensive in case of a land war -- the F-16 is a somewhat better choice.

Also, if you needed a shit ton of parts fast, the F-16 has 'em. If Poland had bought Mirages, they'd have to worry about labor strikes and French gov't political manipulation to get access to the necessary parts and replacements.

Another thing shows the influence that America has on Europe, how the Americans are able to control the Europeans. In 2003, when Bush wanted to invade Iraq, France tried to oppose the Americans. In Europe, only the Germans (with the Russians) were with them (and certainly because of Schroder, with Merkel, even Germany would not have been with France). The other European nations (Great Britain, Poland, Danemark, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Hungary...) were with the Americans, in support of the invasion of Iraq. Without NATO, not sure that a majority of European nations would have had that position.

Countries supporting the U.S. position

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

Trudeau mocks Trump on hot mic at NATO summit so Trump plans to leave right after the summit and skip Justin's cool blackface costume party with all the popular kids.

I declare it a bad idea to get in an insult war with the leader of a $21 Trillion economy right on your southern border.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Another thing shows the influence that America has on Europe, how the Americans are able to control the Europeans. In 2003, when Bush wanted to invade Iraq, France tried to oppose the Americans. In Europe, only the Germans (with the Russians) were with them (and certainly because of Schroder, with Merkel, even Germany would not have been with France). The other European nations (Great Britain, Poland, Danemark, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Hungary...) were with the Americans, in support of the invasion of Iraq. Without NATO, not sure that a majority of European nations would have had that position.

I see no American control of Europeans in that fact. What I see is that France, a nation that the US literally saved in two world wars, a nation that the US defended throughout the Cold War even when France bailed out of NATO, was unwilling to perform as an actual ally of the United States.

The facts that France and Germany

(1) are unreliable military allies,
(2) refuse to honor the alleged alliance in any way,
(3) constantly engage in political warfare against the United States, and
(4) constantly endeavor to impose new and more trade barriers and taxes on areas where the US leads

are all EXCELLENT reasons for the United States to leave NATO entirely. The US should not spend even one more penny defending anyone in continental Europe. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever. Continental Europeans, especially Frenchmen and Germans, deeply and profoundly SUCK as allies in EVERY sense of the word (political, military, economic, and cultural).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:12 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 7602
No matter how you feel about Trump as a human being, you have to admit that this is exactly what we hired him to do.... destroy the globalist agenda....and he's doing a damn fine job of rattling these twats in their cages all over the world..... Rattle on my man...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

He's boorish. I can see why women are "triggered." But overturning the globalist apple cart is LONG overdue. And since my take away from the Impeachment Hearings is that the whole process is a fucking DNC hit job based on zero evidence and lots of propaganda, largely intended to protect the Biden Syndicate from actual investigations, I may have to hold my nose and vote for Trump in 2020.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:30 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 7602
That globalist apple tree has roots all over the world.... it owns the media and most of the elite class... NATO...UN...the EU........ the impeachment is just the latest volley.... He's exposing it all...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

Trump reminds me of the Rodney Dangerfield character from Caddie Shack.

Trudeau is one of the elite golf club homies.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:11 pm 
Sergeant Major

As Ripper has already mentioned on several occasions: Trump ran on a platform of "America First" as pertains to US foreign policy).

His badgering NATO members to live up to the 2% GNP guide for defense spending fits into what he ran on.
His renegotiating unbalanced(unfair) trade treaties fits into what he ran on.
His use of tariffs to cudgel other countries into renegotiating those treaties fits into what he ran on.

And yes, Trump can be "boorish" but that should NOT be a surprise to anyone who watched the 2016 election.
He didn't hide his boorishness, rather he ran on it as a political outsider.

So again, those that voted for him, should have (and basically do) understood that "President Trump" would be very similar to "Candidate Trump".

He is simply carrying out the promises that he ran on.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next