It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anthony Weiner To Plead Guilty To Sexting Charge
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:30 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 10508
So probably not going to jail then.

Quote:
Anthony D. Weiner, the former Democratic congressman whose sexting scandals ended his political career and embroiled him in a tumultuous F.B.I. investigation of Hillary Clinton before the election, is to appear in a federal courtroom in Manhattan on Friday to enter a guilty plea.

The information has not been made public but was related by two people who have been briefed on the matter and asked not to be identified.

Mr. Weiner will plead guilty to a single charge of transferring obscene material to a minor, in accordance with a plea agreement with the United States attorney’s office in Manhattan, one of the people said. Mr. Weiner surrendered to the F.B.I. early Friday morning.

The federal authorities have been investigating reports that, beginning in January 2016, Mr. Weiner, then 51, exchanged sexually explicit messages with a 15-year-old girl in North Carolina.

The plea covers conduct by Mr. Weiner from January through March of last year, the person said. A likely result of the plea is that Mr. Weiner would end up as a registered sex offender, although a final determination has yet to be made, the person added.
Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage

The charge carries a potential sentence of up to 10 years but has no minimum, meaning that Mr. Weiner could avoid prison. The ultimate sentence would be determined by a judge.

Reports of the federal investigation surfaced in September after a British newspaper, The Daily Mail, reported that Mr. Weiner had engaged in an online relationship with the girl, which included explicit messages sent over social media and suggestive texts.

It was during the investigation that the F.B.I. seized Mr. Weiner’s electronic devices, including a laptop on which agents found a trove of emails to his estranged wife, Huma Abedin, a top aide to Mrs. Clinton. That discovery led to the surprise announcement in late October by James B. Comey, then the F.B.I. director, that the bureau was conducting a new investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s handling of official email, an inquiry that ended two days before the election, with no charges brought.

Mrs. Clinton recently attributed her election loss in part to Mr. Comey’s announcement.

A defendant’s decision to plead guilty, of course, is subject to change at the last minute. A representative of the United States attorney’s office in Manhattan had no comment on the case.

The Daily Mail article said that Mr. Weiner began exchanging messages with the girl when she was a high school sophomore and that the messages indicated that Mr. Weiner knew that she was underage.

The newspaper, which did not identify the girl, said she did not want to press charges “because she believes her relationship with Weiner was consensual.” The paper said that she and her father agreed to be interviewed “out of concern that Weiner may be sexting with other underage girls.”

Mr. Weiner was forced to resign from Congress, where he represented parts of Queens and Brooklyn, in June 2011, not long after an explicit picture, sent from his Twitter account, became public. Mr. Weiner initially claimed that his account had been hacked but eventually admitted that he had lied and that he had sent the image and had inappropriate online exchanges with at least six other women.

An effort to resurrect his career progressed in 2013 as he began his candidacy for mayor of New York. But that, too, collapsed after the emergence of additional explicit online messages.

Mr. Weiner’s marriage to Ms. Abedin fell apart after new suggestive text messages surfaced in August, including one with an image of Mr. Weiner’s crotch as he lay next to the couple’s son, who was 4.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/nyre ... .html?_r=0

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Anthony Weiner To Plead Guilty To Sexting Charge
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14423
I misread that as "Anthony's weiner to plead guilty to sexting charge."

Interesting legal concept. Not sure how the thing would show it's agreement with the plea but it would be fun to hear the bailiff say "Anthony's weiner please stand up"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13382
He might opt for doing community service at a teen/youth center...

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:52 pm 
Sergeant Major

What a complete idiot the guy is. Probably, if he were born 50 years earlier he would be the guy in a raincoat and no pants.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:54 pm 
Sergeant Major

He could be an Uber driver and stencil "Weinermobile" on the side for marketing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:57 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3269
Another victim of his own wiener... how many have perished by it's hand......

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:04 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 6452
Guess he should have gone to Gump and gotten a real sword instead of practicing with his fleshy sword.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:14 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8956
You gotta think with the big head, not the little head.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:02 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 10508
Huma cuts off Weiner...

Quote:
Huma Abedin filed for divorce Friday from disgraced perv hubby Anthony Weiner — the same day he pleaded guilty to sexting with a minor.

Abedin brought an “Anonymous vs. Anonymous” action in Manhattan Supreme Court, asking for the court to seal the case.

The filing is uncontested, meaning she is not expecting a fight over custody of the couple’s only child, 5-year-old son Jordan, or their assets.

Given Weiner’s guilty plea — and soon-to-be status as a sex offender — it appears that Abedin holds all the cards, specifically when it comes to their son, experts said.

“She could run to family court and file a petition [attempting to limit his access] immediately,” noted lawyer Israel Fried, who specializes in repping sex offenders.

“She could also seek an order of protection,” Fried said.

Divorce lawyer Michael Stutman, who repped former New York Knicks guard Raymond Felton in his divorce from Ariane Raymondo, agreed, saying, “She certainly has a leg up now on any custody battle.”

If Abedin wants to put the screws to Weiner, she could probably limit his access to Jordan to chaperoned-only visitation, Stutman said.

“If Huma were my client, based upon what I have read, my advice to her would be she needs to be careful and able to demonstrate that she has acted reasonably to protect her child,” Stutman said. “You don’t leave him alone with the kid when you’re out of town. You have a nanny. You have Grandmom and Grandpa come over.”

Abedin had filed for separation in August 2016 — in the middle of the presidential campaign — after it was disclosed that Weiner included pictures of their 4-year-old son in one of his sex-charged messages

But the couple was still together earlier this year. Sources told The Post in March that Abedin was giving the marriage another try.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/19/huma-abedi ... ny-weiner/

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

"Huma cuts off Weiner" ;)

Who can blame her? I wonder if she will keep his name? :lol:

Profile E-mail