maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: SJW Thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:00 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16336
In many U.S. states what she did by recording them without their consent is illegal.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:08 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Anthropoid wrote:
In many U.S. states what she did by recording them without their consent is illegal.

Actually, I think it's not quite as simple as your portray.

I recall selling audio recording devices, to various types of people, for the express purpose of secretly recording others.

Many for recording phone conversations. Some were law enforcement looking to cover their asses against false accusations, which had become enough of a regular problem a decade ago for every one of them to have a recording device of some sort on them while on duty. The occasional civilian for same, most often due to marriage issues or threatening parties.

Perhaps my state is more lenient in such things. But I think the law restricts their use only in specific situations. Such as requiring recorded persons' permission before publishing, broadcasting, or selling it for media use or capital gain.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:42 am 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:

Actually, I think it's not quite as simple as your portray.

I recall selling audio recording devices, to various types of people, for the express purpose of secretly recording others.

Many for recording phone conversations. Some were law enforcement looking to cover their asses against false accusations, which had become enough of a regular problem a decade ago for every one of them to have a recording device of some sort on them while on duty. The occasional civilian for same, most often due to marriage issues or threatening parties.

Perhaps my state is more lenient in such things. But I think the law restricts their use only in specific situations. Such as requiring recorded persons' permission before publishing, broadcasting, or selling it for media use or capital gain.

Perhaps I misspoke when I said "many." "Some" or at least "one" would have been more accurate . . .

Well, my knowledge is really only specific to one state in the northeastern U.S. which has a reputation for being a leftist hive of scum and villainy . . . Lets just say I found myself in a situation like you describe but I was advised by legal counsel that recording without someone's consent was not legal. Not arguing for that and indeed I tend to think it is a bad law, simply pointing out it out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:43 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
NefariousKoel wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

The university has now apologized to Lindsay Shepherd:

University apologizes for telling TA she broke the law by playing video of gender-neutral pronoun debate

I suspect their apology has less to do with them actually showing any remorse and more to do with how bad that they looked as a result of the recording of that meeting between her and the university being made public.

Yep. That's how it came across to everyone. "We're sorry we got caught, but nothing will change."

University is no longer an intellectual nexus of thought & ideas, but a radical indoctrination camp. Which also charges increasingly huge amounts of money for doing so. Double fuckery.

Kudos to Lindsey for not putting up with their bullshit, and putting the recording out there.

She did a Skype interview about the aftermath recently ~>>

(abbreviated version)

Great video.

Here is what I commented for the video at YT:

Quote:
chijohnaok
1 second ago
Ms. Shepherd should hang in there. If her schoolmates choose to react to her in such a way, then that is THEIR loss. She is a woman of principles and has demonstrated that she is willing to step forward and take a chance when it is important. I see a bright future for her.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:06 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

New Brighton, Minnesota mayor has a meltdown when someone is sceptical about "white privilege" being a thing...

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
New Brighton, Minnesota mayor has a meltdown when someone is sceptical about "white privilege" being a thing...

"I'm so passionate about hearing all sides of the story"........... 'so shut your trap because I refuse to listen to what you have to say'.

What an idiot.

And it looks like the voters of New Brighton are idiots as well:

https://www.hometownsource.com/sun_focu ... 4f990.html

Quote:
New Brighton City Council, Mayoral election results

Sam Lenhart Nov 8, 2017 0

Unofficial results show Graeme Allen and Emily Dunsworth will begin to sit on the New Brighton City Council. Mayor Val Johnson was elected for four-year term.

Graeme Allen took 2208 votes (24.84 percent) and Emily Dunsworth took 2269 votes (25.53 percent), whereas challengers Susan Erickson took 1334 votes (15.01 percent), David A. Jacobsen took 1023 votes (11.51 percent), Peter R Berthelsen took 325 votes (3.66 percent), and incumbent Gina Bauman took 1708 votes (19.21 percent). There were 22 write-in votes.

The city council seats up for re-election are currently being held by Gina Bauman and Brian Strub.

Allen is a member of the New Brighton Civil Service and Economic Development Commission and a past Board Member of the Mounds View Schools Education Foundation.

“I want to maintain the city’s great qualities, while positioning ourselves for an even brighter future,” said Allen. “Our city is changing and we need a Council that is proactive and responsive to the issues that our neighbors face.”

Dunsworth is the a founding member of the New Brighton Farmers Market, member of the Economic Development Commission and volunteer for Arc Greater Twin Cities. “My priority will be community building,” said Dunsworth. “New Brighton’s greatest assets are its residents. Connecting residents and investing them further in New Brighton will lead to the enhanced well-being of the city.”

Mayor Valerie Johnson has been re-elected to another four-year term. According to unofficial election results, Johnson received 2579 votes (53.79 percent) and challenger Sharon Doffing received 2190 votes (45.67 percent).

There were a total of 26 write-in votes.

Contact Sam Lenhart at sam.lenhart@ecm-inc.com

Here are the voter results from the Minnesota Secretary of State website:
http://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/ ... ctid=45430

So it appears as if "Gina" (Bauman), the one who was to the left of the mayor and the one that triggered her, lost her re-election effort; while the blubbering idiot mayor was re-elected to another 4 year term.

Here is the city's website:
http://www.newbrightonmn.gov/

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:07 am 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
Teacher shows a Jordan B Peterson video in a class about critical thinking and "one or more" sjw students get triggered and talk to a counselor. Shit rolls uphill and the teacher is sent to speak with bigwigs on campus where she is berated to the point of tears. May never be allowed to teach due to negative references, will probably lose her job. secretly recorded audio of the meeting at the link...

Quote:
Extended: Excerpts from secretly recorded meeting between Wilfrid Laurier University grad student and faculty

Lindsay Shepherd, a Wilfrid Laurier University graduate student and teaching assistant, landed in hot water with the university over a video clip, featuring controversial University of Toronto professor Jordan Peterson, she used in a critical thinking course. After receiving complaints, the university claimed she created a toxic environment. Shepherd had a meeting with faculty and administration, here are excerpts from the secretly recorded conversation.

https://globalnews.ca/video/3867811/ext ... nd-faculty

Attachment:
1511188849308.png

If anyone thinks that the original incident that Mac posted was scandalous, wait until you hear this:

The university officials that conducted this star chamber inquisition should be fired.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:19 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
chijohnaok wrote:

The university officials that conducted this star chamber inquisition should be fired.

From what I've seen, the university has done nothing.

They issued a non-apology, essentially saying "we're sorry we got busted", and proceeded to do jack & shit. Except, perhaps, to keep an unofficial eye on Lindsay to make sure she doesn't expose their ideological thuggery any further.

She more recently mentioned that she's being shunned there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:52 am 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

From what I've seen, the university has done nothing.

They issued a non-apology, essentially saying "we're sorry we got busted", and proceeded to do jack & shit. Except, perhaps, to keep an unofficial eye on Lindsay to make sure she doesn't expose their ideological thuggery any further.

She more recently mentioned that she's being shunned there.

They should have been reprimanded after actions in the original video were disclosed.

But now that it turns out there was no actual complaint filed against her, and one of her inquisitors had repeatedly said that there had been a complaint, now I think that would be grounds for dismissal. Any rational person would think that the entire review board process should be closely looked at and revamped (rational being the key word).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:25 am 
Sergeant Major

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next