SJW Thread

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

mdiehl
Sergeant Major

Re: SJW Thread

#241 Post by mdiehl » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:18 pm

Meh. Boring neckbeard with no production sense.

Daisy whatever can say anything she wants about Trump even if it's not well informed. But neckbeards with youboob channels are less interesting than watching mushrooms grow.
"Fuck the king." - Sandor Clegane
"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits
'Our father, which art in heaven..' "May he fucking stay there." - Al Swearengen, Deadwood

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: Marching home to <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY">Erica</a>

#242 Post by Anthropoid » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:05 am

Daisy -> Would SMASH.

Dinosaur
PFC

#243 Post by Dinosaur » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:53 am

... Last week, Berkeley's Peace and Justice Commissioner Hatem Bazian called on locals to avoid purchasing Israeli feta cheese.

"Trader Joe's is having Israeli Feta on its shelves! One more reason to stop shopping at the store," Bazian, who lectures on Islam at UC Berkeley, wrote on his Facebook page.

However, the call for boycott backfired after Joe Zevuloni, an Israeli living in Florida who heads the "Israeli Army of Publicity," met the call for boycott with a call of his own: "Urgent call-up to publicity soldiers: I need you to lend me a hand here."

"This Israel-hating anti-Semitic professor from UC Berkeley tagged Linda Sarsour in his post and called on everyone to boycott Trader Joe's supermarket chain because it sells Israeli feta cheese.

"Go to his page and don't forget to tell him thank-you for the fact that in his merit, we'll all buy specifically from a brand that sells Israeli products. Tag the Population and Immigration Authority in your comments and help me show him Israel just in Google. Then "like" this post and share, if you're with me. Am Israel hai (literally: the nation of Israel lives on)!"

Zevuloni's call worked: Within hours, pro-Israel customers had emptied several Trader Joe's branches of their Israeli feta cheese, and moved on to purchasing other Israeli products instead ...
Imagine having a "Peace and Justice Commissioner" ... imagine that zer name is "Hatem" !!! :D

Then you would be imaging the real world !! :D :D :D

mdiehl
Sergeant Major

#244 Post by mdiehl » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:00 am

Berkeley is a sh..hole. Been there, dont need to see it a second time.
"Fuck the king." - Sandor Clegane
"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits
'Our father, which art in heaven..' "May he fucking stay there." - Al Swearengen, Deadwood

Mac
First Sergeant

#245 Post by Mac » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:36 pm

An Iowa man has been sentenced to 15 years in jail for burning the poofs flag...
NEVADA, Iowa -- A man has been imprisoned for burning an LGBTQ flag that was flying at a church in central Iowa.

Adolfo Martinez, 30, of Ames, was sentenced Wednesday to 15 years for the hate crime of arson and given a year for reckless use of explosives or fire and 30 days for harassment. The sentences are to be served consecutively, Story County court records said.

A jury convicted Martinez in November. He'd been arrested in June.

He's said he tore down the flag that had been hanging from the United Church of Christ in Ames and burned it because he opposes homosexuality.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/iow ... d-67824683
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Dinosaur
PFC

#246 Post by Dinosaur » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:38 pm

Yup ooosah ... is catchin' up to the new britain's as fast as they can !!

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: Marching home to <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY">Erica</a>

#247 Post by Anthropoid » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:05 pm

Mac wrote:An Iowa man has been sentenced to 15 years in jail for burning the poofs flag...
NEVADA, Iowa -- A man has been imprisoned for burning an LGBTQ flag that was flying at a church in central Iowa.

Adolfo Martinez, 30, of Ames, was sentenced Wednesday to 15 years for the hate crime of arson and given a year for reckless use of explosives or fire and 30 days for harassment. The sentences are to be served consecutively, Story County court records said.

A jury convicted Martinez in November. He'd been arrested in June.

He's said he tore down the flag that had been hanging from the United Church of Christ in Ames and burned it because he opposes homosexuality.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/iow ... d-67824683
Seems a bit of a "liberal" interpretation of arson, and I hope the "hate crime" part was not somehow a central aspect of the conviction. Am I not free to burn an American flag in a symbolic act? Am I not free to burn ANY flag in a symbolic act?

If in fact, "hate crime" aspect of it was a central part of the conviction and sentencing then this is definitely a major step back in terms of freedom of expression. If I make a YT video in which I burn a Nazi flag in a perfectly safe and legal manner (in adherence to all local ordinances pertaining to fires) and express that I'm doing it as a symbolic expression of m HATRED of Nazism, racism, fascism, and totalitarianism in general, would THAT be an impeachable offense?

If the way in which he burned it really constituted "arson" and "reckless use of fire" then sure, maybe was guilty. 15 years seems pretty stiff even then though.

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#248 Post by chijohnaok » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Am I not free to burn an American flag in a symbolic act? Am I not free to burn ANY flag in a symbolic act?
I agree that the charges sounded excessive.

I don't believe that anyone should be prosecuted "solely" on the basis of a hate crime.
I might be OK with hate crime charges being "piggybacked" onto some other charge.

For the incident cited in the article, it would appear that Adolfo Martinez stole the flag from the church.

I believe that the punishment is excessive because it sounds as if the punishment for the "hate crime" exceeds the likely punishment for theft of a flag (probably a misdemeanor because of its value) and simple arson.

For example:
Bob the KKK member assaults an African-American and states that they did so because the person was black.

Firstly, charge Bob with assault, and then perhaps, if the circumstances are warranted, add a hate crime charge to it.
But under no circumstance should the punishment for the hate crime offense exceed the punishment for the "base crime".
Am I not free to burn an American flag in a symbolic act? Am I not free to burn ANY flag in a symbolic act?
Sure, you can burn your own flag (one that you purchased.
However if you stole that flag from someone else and then burned it, you are in the wrong.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major

#249 Post by Anthropoid » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:36 pm

I'm in agreement. Stealing the flag and burning it: theft, arson (I suppose), dangerous use of fire . . . the "hate crime" part of it seems irrelevant to me, and I fear that the actual punishment, if not the determination of guilt might have been swayed into a more severe outcome based on the notion that "hate crimes" exist, much less that they should be punishable. It is a wholly undemocratic and unwieldy concept from my standpoint. How do you categorize one thing as "hate" and another not? Is all hate equally repellent? Can I not hate Nazis? Is that also a "hate crime?"

Dinosaur
PFC

#250 Post by Dinosaur » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Only muc rats are allowed to hate sh^t ... white nationalists are DEFINITELY not allowed to hate sh^ t!!!