maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: SJW Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:44 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 15908
Anthropoid wrote:

Didn't someone post that a short time back?

Not gonna complain about seeing an attractive brunette femme with some grasp on logic too much.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:31 am 
buck private

Reputation points: 10222
Quote:
University teaches white employees how to overcome the ‘discomfort’ of being white
Andrew Johnson - University of Denver •December 19, 2017
4804 2557 Share205 238

University of Michigan training session used ‘Privileged Identity Exploration Model’
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/40145/

About time, when I was young I felt awful because I didn't look like Ricardo Montalban the Mexican actor.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:52 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17794
abradley wrote:
Quote:
University teaches white employees how to overcome the ‘discomfort’ of being white
Andrew Johnson - University of Denver •December 19, 2017
4804 2557 Share205 238

University of Michigan training session used ‘Privileged Identity Exploration Model’
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/40145/

About time, when I was young I felt awful because I didn't look like Ricardo Montalban the Mexican actor.

I will always associate Ricardo Montalban with this:

and this

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:53 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 11789
Mmm, rich Corinthian leather . . . Goddamit NINJAED :mrgreen:

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:18 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 14518
Anti-Trump SJW idiot walks out onto the freeway during a protest and gets hit by a car, sues her school for not stopping her from doing it...

Quote:
The University of California-San Diego is now embroiled in a personal injury lawsuit after an election protest gone wrong.

Mariana Flores, a sophomore at UCSD, was demonstrating against Donald Trump’s victory on a busy San Diego freeway when a vehicle hit her. The accident crushed her pelvis, fractured her leg, and caused other serious injuries, reported The Guardian campus newspaper.

Flores, in her suit filed in late November, partly blames campus officials for her injury, arguing they should have stopped the protest before it got dangerous, according to news reports.

Flores’ attorney did not respond to requests from The College Fix seeking comment. A UC San Diego spokesperson said that the university could not comment on pending litigation.

The Nov. 2016 protest had began at “Library Walk” and journeyed through campus. Next, demonstrators ended up on the I-5, a very large and busy eight-laned freeway that cuts through San Diego.

The car that stuck Flores had gotten around an emergency vehicle that had been attempting to block traffic so authorities could shut down the freeway, according to the Los Angeles Times.

In an interview with The Guardian, Gene Sullivan, Flores’s lawyer, asserted that the university planned, organized and knew the protest was happening for hours and did nothing to stop it.

“According to Sullivan, not doing anything and failing to act is legally the same thing as supporting the protest,” the newspaper reported. “Sullivan further alleged that the protest was encouraged by people in positions of authority at the university, and that ‘if anyone that is in authority with the university – a [Residential Advisor] – says ‘let’s go,’ the university would be responsible.’”

The complaint also lists the University of California Regents, the city and county of San Diego, the state of California, and the driver of the vehicle as defendants in the lawsuit.

When asked about the lawsuit by the Los Angeles Times, Sullivan said “We think it’s a case of shared responsibility of the school, Maria and the driver, and we’re not saying that anybody is without fault or fault-free. We think other people bear some responsibility as well.”

In addition, Sullivan explained that if any person representing the university, even if that person is simply a Residential Advisor, encouraged students to go to the protest, then the university would bear responsibility.

While Sullivan admits that Flores is partially responsible for her injuries, he claims that, under the doctrine of comparative responsibility, the jury will get to decide what percentage of the injury is the fault of the plaintiff and what percentage of the injury is the fault of the defendant. Damages will be levied based on percentage.

The lawsuit seeks attorneys’ fees, court costs, and unspecified damages, the Times reports.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/40580/

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:24 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17794
Mac wrote:
Anti-Trump SJW idiot walks out onto the freeway during a protest and gets hit by a car, sues her school for not stopping her from doing it...

Quote:
The University of California-San Diego is now embroiled in a personal injury lawsuit after an election protest gone wrong.

Mariana Flores, a sophomore at UCSD, was demonstrating against Donald Trump’s victory on a busy San Diego freeway when a vehicle hit her. The accident crushed her pelvis, fractured her leg, and caused other serious injuries, reported The Guardian campus newspaper.

Flores, in her suit filed in late November, partly blames campus officials for her injury, arguing they should have stopped the protest before it got dangerous, according to news reports.

Flores’ attorney did not respond to requests from The College Fix seeking comment. A UC San Diego spokesperson said that the university could not comment on pending litigation.

The Nov. 2016 protest had began at “Library Walk” and journeyed through campus. Next, demonstrators ended up on the I-5, a very large and busy eight-laned freeway that cuts through San Diego.

The car that stuck Flores had gotten around an emergency vehicle that had been attempting to block traffic so authorities could shut down the freeway, according to the Los Angeles Times.

In an interview with The Guardian, Gene Sullivan, Flores’s lawyer, asserted that the university planned, organized and knew the protest was happening for hours and did nothing to stop it.

“According to Sullivan, not doing anything and failing to act is legally the same thing as supporting the protest,” the newspaper reported. “Sullivan further alleged that the protest was encouraged by people in positions of authority at the university, and that ‘if anyone that is in authority with the university – a [Residential Advisor] – says ‘let’s go,’ the university would be responsible.’”

The complaint also lists the University of California Regents, the city and county of San Diego, the state of California, and the driver of the vehicle as defendants in the lawsuit.

When asked about the lawsuit by the Los Angeles Times, Sullivan said “We think it’s a case of shared responsibility of the school, Maria and the driver, and we’re not saying that anybody is without fault or fault-free. We think other people bear some responsibility as well.”

In addition, Sullivan explained that if any person representing the university, even if that person is simply a Residential Advisor, encouraged students to go to the protest, then the university would bear responsibility.

While Sullivan admits that Flores is partially responsible for her injuries, he claims that, under the doctrine of comparative responsibility, the jury will get to decide what percentage of the injury is the fault of the plaintiff and what percentage of the injury is the fault of the defendant. Damages will be levied based on percentage.

The lawsuit seeks attorneys’ fees, court costs, and unspecified damages, the Times reports.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/40580/

I feel sorry that this lady got hit by a car, but none of this would have happened had she not acted like an idiot. In what scenario is it wise to walk out in the middle of an expressway?

I don’t see how the university is at fault.

Were I in the jury I would designate the university as being 0% responsible aNd the plaintiff shall be responsible for the university’s legal expenses.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:26 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7766
chijohnaok wrote:

I feel sorry that this lady got hit by a car, but none of this would have happened had she not acted like an idiot. In what scenario is it wise to walk out in the middle of an expressway?

Were I in the jury I would designate the university as being 0% responsible aNd the plaintiff shall be responsible for the university’s legal expenses.

Went to a lot of good parties at UCSD back in the day. I can't understand why the University should bear any responsibility for keeping their students off the adjacent freeway. Do SDSU students also need to be protected from Interstate 8? USD students are surrounded by freeways on 3 sides. "Don't play in traffic 101" needs to be added to the curriculum.

http://www.sandiego.edu/maps/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:32 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7388
Quote:

Yep. Everybody gets a participation trophy. It's only fair.

The bedfellows politics made are never strange. It only seems that way to those who have not watched the courtship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:56 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18581
CatLover7 wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:

Went to a lot of good parties at UCSD back in the day. I can't understand why the University should bear any responsibility for keeping their students off the adjacent freeway. Do SDSU students also need to be protected from Interstate 8? USD students are surrounded by freeways on 3 sides. "Don't play in traffic 101" needs to be added to the curriculum.

http://www.sandiego.edu/maps/

I went to school at UCSD as well. Never occurred to me to play on the freeway. The beach at La Jolla is only about 1 mile away. There is also an informal clothing-optional beach. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:07 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 15908
Poindexter wrote:
Quote:

Yep. Everybody gets a participation trophy. It's only fair.

;)

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next