maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:42 am 
Offline
Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:14 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Pariahville
Reputation points: 2889
doggie wrote:
"Sexual harassment" means Billo might have hit on some women, just like every other straight man in America. Liberals have wanted his head for years and were willing to pay for it.

Funny how few liberals have this problem. Maybe because they're gay?

Most "civil rights leaders" including the sainted MLK, had a passion for being the dark meat in a white chick sammich.
Never heard any complaints. That has to be because those women really wanted it, right?


I would think most women in professional business tend to think more highly of men who respect women's rights and things of that nature. I don't get the picture that O'Reilly is much of a woman's rights advocate. If O'Reilly wants a female companion he's probably better off hitting on a cheerleader or a vulnerable female out looking to marry for status or wealth. Unless a guy is either a handsome stud, has whatever charm and charisma or else the sensitive, compassionate type (none of which O'Reilly probably qualifies with) it's difficult to land professional women, especially attractive ones.

_________________
"Service guarantees citizenship" :(

Welcome to the Maddrive Dogthru!


Last edited by Gary Childress on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:52 am 
Offline
Hair in the soap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:46 am
Posts: 16592
Reputation points: 12496
I'd like to hear about the complaints... plus witness accounts.

Not because I like O'Reilly. I don't give a shit about the guy and never watch his ranting.

Just because "sexual harassment" has been THE primary way of the Democrat Machine to get rid of threatening political opponents. Often just on someone's word alone. They hand it off to their lackeys in the Old News Media who spin it up to ridiculous RPMs for public defamation, even if the person in question hasn't been found guilty.

They've made it standard SOP in the past decade or two. It happens SO often. Hell, they tried a pretty weaksauce version on Trumpolini but it was pretty half-assed and didn't work as well as they'd hoped.

_________________
..
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:01 am 
Offline
Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:14 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Pariahville
Reputation points: 2889
Accusing their opponents of being "commies" or "socialists" used to work for Republicans. Now "socialist" isn't quite the nasty label it used to be. Who knows, maybe someday people will be more accepting of sexually harassing women and the democrats will have to look for other means of defaming their opponents.

_________________
"Service guarantees citizenship" :(

Welcome to the Maddrive Dogthru!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:24 am 
Offline
Hair in the soap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:46 am
Posts: 16592
Reputation points: 12496
Gary Childress wrote:
Accusing their opponents of being "commies" or "socialists" used to work for Republicans. Now "socialist" isn't quite the nasty label it used to be. Who knows, maybe someday people will be more accepting of sexually harassing women and the democrats will have to look for other means of defaming their opponents.


Nearly all of us are socialists, in the West, to varying degrees. Like everything else politics, it's all about how much you think is 'just right'. The Goldilocks zone of socialism is a sliding scale, and each person has their own preferred spot. I think more people are realizing that.

Although the term "Communist" should still be a derogatory term referring to the Leftist brand of Totalitarianism. Communism was, after all, at least as bad as German National Socialism and likely much worse.



And don't start jesting about us hoping that sexual harassment, rape, or any other crimes become legal soon. Take a pass on your dramatic approach and look at the increasing numbers of false accusations about rape and sexual harassment causing the accused to be treated as if they'd already been given a guilty sentence. It's obvious that the burden of proof has been forgone in numerous such cases in recent history.

Or do those victims not get any sympathy along with their missing Article 11 rights? Just straight-up public defamation.

I prefer proper due process through a court of law with some kind of evidence showing a defendant committed a crime. Why wouldn't you? Or does a rape/harassment accusation result in instant guilt due solely to the accusation itself?


As for the Dem Media Machine, they're also currently moving into attacking Advertising streams of their media competition. It's not as if they're just a one trick pony. They're certainly united in their methods, however.

_________________
..
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:32 am 
Offline
Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:14 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Pariahville
Reputation points: 2889
NefariousKoel wrote:
I prefer proper due process through a court of law with some kind of evidence showing a defendant committed a crime. Why wouldn't you? Or does a rape/harassment accusation result in instant guilt due solely to the accusation itself?


Most "sexual harassment" incidents are initially addressed by management and the HR department. If O'Reilly thinks he's been wrongfully terminated and has a good case he can take it up in a court of law. I assume there's nothing stopping him from doing so.

_________________
"Service guarantees citizenship" :(

Welcome to the Maddrive Dogthru!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:41 am 
Offline
Hair in the soap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:46 am
Posts: 16592
Reputation points: 12496
Gary Childress wrote:
NefariousKoel wrote:
I prefer proper due process through a court of law with some kind of evidence showing a defendant committed a crime. Why wouldn't you? Or does a rape/harassment accusation result in instant guilt due solely to the accusation itself?


Most "sexual harassment" incidents are initially addressed by management and the HR department. If O'Reilly thinks he's been wrongfully terminated and has a good case he can take it up in a court of law. I assume there's nothing stopping him from doing so.


I don't even care about O'Reilly or his situation.


What if you or I were accused of sexual harassment at work, for something as simple as a compliment and/or asking a woman on a date? Do you think it would be just fine if we were served a 'pink slip' a few days later due to such an accusation?

I wonder how many average Joes have had to get a lawyer to get their life back over such a thing as that? I know of at least two big rape accusation cases with numerous defendants who were falsely accused and had their lives tossed into the mud because of it for quite awhile. People should be extra wary of such situations.. which is my whole point.

_________________
..
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:57 am 
Offline
Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:14 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Pariahville
Reputation points: 2889
NefariousKoel wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:
Most "sexual harassment" incidents are initially addressed by management and the HR department. If O'Reilly thinks he's been wrongfully terminated and has a good case he can take it up in a court of law. I assume there's nothing stopping him from doing so.


I don't even care about O'Reilly or his situation.


What if you or I were accused of sexual harassment at work, for something as simple as a compliment and/or asking a woman on a date? Do you think it would be just fine if we were served a 'pink slip' a few days later due to such an accusation?

I wonder how many average Joes have had to get a lawyer to get their life back over such a thing as that? I know of at least two big rape accusation cases with numerous defendants who were falsely accused and had their lives tossed into the mud because of it for quite awhile. People should be extra wary of such situations.. which is my whole point.


I thought your point was that democrats were using sexual harassment cases against their opponents? And the thread is about Bill O'Reilly in particular.

If I were accused of sexual harassment I'd probably fight it in court if it was just for paying a compliment or just once asking a woman on a date. If it really were a case of me harassing the woman then I guess I'd have to accept that I got what I deserved if the punishment were appropriate. I've never experienced many problems with "sexual harassment". I've asked women at work on dates and paid them compliments. In my experience it's usually something more serious that leads to termination or taking action on a situation. To my understanding, a lot of times harassment will stem from managers making advances toward subordinates because that really does raise a prickly situation. A person may feel like they are in a situation where there is pressure to accept sexual advances from a superior for reason of keeping their job, advancing or else just being able to feel comfortable at work.

_________________
"Service guarantees citizenship" :(

Welcome to the Maddrive Dogthru!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:24 am 
Offline
First Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Posts: 8339
Location: inside your worst nightmare
Reputation points: 9423
Gary, I think the fundamental problem goes something like this:

1. For centuries, there was a double-standard in adultery law and custom: a woman couldn't be raped by her husband, nor could she complain of his adultery, whereas a man could complain of his wife's adultery and even engage in violence to deter her. The technical legality of this no doubt varied with time and space, but the fact is that: for hundreds if not thousands of years in virtually every culture known, men had a license to bully women.

2. Related to (1), a woman who was not under the protection of a man (i.e., did not have a husband or elder male relative to look after her), was even more vulnerable because she was potentially easy prey to even strangers.

3. Both of these historical realities must be tempered with reality, notions of chivalry, etiquette and gentility were also prevalent in some cultures and it is quite clear form history, literature and the arts that the pre-modern era was NOT one of veritable slavery in which a majority sadistic, much less universally sadistic male/man population oppressed, tortured and raped women. Dido was not "in resolve" because Aeneas was a brutal fuck. She was in resolve because she loved him and he was departing, perhaps never to return. In sum, the pre-feminist era was not the universally stark hell for females and feminine types which it seems many leftists would like to imagine it was. Certainly a woman who found herself the unlucky subject of a sicko father/male relative custodian/father could find her self in deep, agonizing, lifetime trouble; but even there, women had some recourse, the myriad details of which across the full gamut of human cultural diversity are far too broad for this thread, much less this post . . .

None of this is said in defense of patriarchy. It is good that patriarchy is dying if not "dead." But raising up matriarchy in its place is not the solution and neither is some form of androgynous, gender-nullified intellectual totalitarianism in which neither femininity nor masculinity are permissible.

4. It would seem that much if not all of the disadvantages of historical patriarchy have been reversed by this time, and yet, now certain "reversals" have replaced them:
a. Rather than a woman who claims rape or other sexual infraction by a man being blamed and shunned, any woman who makes such a claim is now regarded automatically as incapable of falsehood and her word is taken as sufficient proof that the accused is considered guilty until proven innocent. In sum, the burden of proof for any woman's claim of oppressive behavior by a male has been lowered to the point of absurdity. Rather than simply taking such claims "seriously" and investigating assiduously, such claims are automatically considered to be factual.
b. People who lie about such things face little or no consequence for such lying.
c. Well-intentioned, but intellectuall feeble demagogues and witch-hunters defend these conditions of broken justice on the grounds that any correction of these deficiencies would threaten a return to the imbalanced patriarchal past.
d. Any who question these current imbalances in jurisprudence is automatically labeled with the derogatory labels of sexist, misogynist and rapist.

In sum, what began some ~100 years ago as a movement to shift the status of females and women in society to equality with men has swung toward the domination, oppression and persecution of males and men and even any who would protest and call for more moderation.

_________________
Nero: So what is your challenge?

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:36 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 22428
Reputation points: 14735
NefariousKoel wrote:
[As for the Dem Media Machine, they're also currently moving into attacking Advertising streams of their media competition. It's not as if they're just a one trick pony. They're certainly united in their methods, however.



Precisely. Anyone who thinks this isn't an assault on Fox News doesn't understand the big picture. The Left continues to believe Fox News is why they lose elections and seems not to understand that Fox News is popular because the viewers ALREADY hold those views.

You just know there is a crew out to get Hannity, who is much more pro-Trump than O'Reilly was. Plus, you get rid of O'Reilly and Tucker Carlson takes over...much more aggressive.

_________________
I haven't figured out how to the block thingy works but if anyone alters my posts I will become really, really angry and throw monkey poop out of my cage.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:38 am 
Offline
First Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm
Posts: 8339
Location: inside your worst nightmare
Reputation points: 9423
error

_________________
Nero: So what is your challenge?

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nelmsm and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group