maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon May 01, 2017 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:23 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 11062
Anthropoid wrote:
Gary, I think the fundamental problem goes something like this:

1. For centuries, there was a double-standard in adultery law and custom: a woman couldn't be raped by her husband, nor could she complain of his adultery, whereas a man could complain of his wife's adultery and even engage in violence to deter her. The technical legality of this no doubt varied with time and space, but the fact is that: for hundreds if not thousands of years in virtually every culture known, men had a license to bully women.

2. Related to (1), a woman who was not under the protection of a man (i.e., did not have a husband or elder male relative to look after her), was even more vulnerable because she was potentially easy prey to even strangers.

3. Both of these historical realities must be tempered with reality, notions of chivalry, etiquette and gentility were also prevalent in some cultures and it is quite clear form history, literature and the arts that the pre-modern era was NOT one of veritable slavery in which a majority sadistic, much less universally sadistic male/man population oppressed, tortured and raped women. Dido was not "in resolve" because Aeneas was a brutal fuck. She was in resolve because she loved him and he was departing, perhaps never to return. In sum, the pre-feminist era was not the universally stark hell for females and feminine types which it seems many leftists would like to imagine it was. Certainly a woman who found herself the unlucky subject of a sicko father/male relative custodian/father could find her self in deep, agonizing, lifetime trouble; but even there, women had some recourse, the myriad details of which across the full gamut of human cultural diversity are far too broad for this thread, much less this post . . .

None of this is said in defense of patriarchy. It is good that patriarchy is dying if not "dead." But raising up matriarchy in its place is not the solution and neither is some form of androgynous, gender-nullified intellectual totalitarianism in which neither femininity nor masculinity are permissible.

4. It would seem that much if not all of the disadvantages of historical patriarchy have been reversed by this time, and yet, now certain "reversals" have replaced them:
a. Rather than a woman who claims rape or other sexual infraction by a man being blamed and shunned, any woman who makes such a claim is now regarded automatically as incapable of falsehood and her word is taken as sufficient proof that the accused is considered guilty until proven innocent. In sum, the burden of proof for any woman's claim of oppressive behavior by a male has been lowered to the point of absurdity. Rather than simply taking such claims "seriously" and investigating assiduously, such claims are automatically considered to be factual.
b. People who lie about such things face little or no consequence for such lying.
c. Well-intentioned, but intellectuall feeble demagogues and witch-hunters defend these conditions of broken justice on the grounds that any correction of these deficiencies would threaten a return to the imbalanced patriarchal past.
d. Any who question these current imbalances in jurisprudence is automatically labeled with the derogatory labels of sexist, misogynist and rapist.

In sum, what began some ~100 years ago as a movement to shift the status of females and women in society to equality with men has swung toward the domination, oppression and persecution of males and men and even any who would protest and call for more moderation.

Thanks, Anthro.

You summed that up more precisely than I could.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:43 pm 
buck private

Reputation points: 7471
Just in case you need some smarts about women.

Is it true that women's rumps don't turn red when they're in heat? :?:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:20 am 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 10974
Quote:
I'd like to hear about the complaints... plus witness accounts.

Allegedly, he cleared his throat as attractive women walked by, and looked at them! He refereed to a fugly black woman as "hot chocolate." He invited a couple of women to go out for drinks.

The horror! And no, you can't fight democrats in court. They have unlimited legal funds.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:06 pm 
buck private

J. Goldberg has a good write up on the O' Reillys.

http://www.nationalreview.com/g-file/44 ... -arguments

And I agree with most of it, usually watched the intro and switched off.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:14 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13045
Well, it worked....next up...Hannity

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:11 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 10974
Next up; assassinations.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:56 pm 
buck private

Quote:
Tucker Carlson Dominates Cable News Ratings in First Night at New Time Slot
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... time-slot/
{Snip}
O’Reilly departed Fox News last week after an investigation into numerous allegations of sexual harassment against the anchor.

Carlson kicked off his Monday night broadcast — which featured interviews with Caitlyn Jenner and former Dirty Jobs host Mike Rowe — with a message addressing O’Reilly’s departure.

“For those of you tuning in expecting to see someone different in this anchor chair, I know the feeling well. I watched Bill O’Reilly at this hour for years and I always marveled at how well prepared he was, how tough he was and how crisply and directly he expressed his views,” Carlson said at the top go the hour. “He set a high bar and I’m gonna do my best to meet it. Thanks for sticking with us.”

Fox News’ domination in the ratings Monday night extended to its 9 p.m. hour, where the panel show The Five (taking over Carlson’s old time slot) beat all competitors, including MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show. Fox’s Sean Hannity also won both total viewers and the key demo during the night’s 10 p.m. hour.

Carlson joined Fox News earlier this year to replace departing anchor Megyn Kelly, who is expected to begin a new Sunday newsmagazine show at NBC in June.
This doesn't surprise me, but that was the first/opening nite. let's see what it's like in a month or so. I expect Carlson will do pretty good, maybe beat O'Reilly's rating. O'Reilly had mellowed, almost like a variety show. Carlson is taking on the left with in your face discussions ... and he's good at it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

doggie wrote:
Next up; assassinations.

This is so obviously a concerted campaign. You know there is a list somewhere. Probably code words for the "targets" and secret operation names.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:26 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 11062
jack t ripper wrote:
doggie wrote:
Next up; assassinations.

This is so obviously a concerted campaign. You know there is a list somewhere. Probably code words for the "targets" and secret operation names.

They've mostly been targeting YouTubers who make Ad money. But they're probably moving the bullseye around now that it's had some success. Why wouldn't the MSNM be emboldened by these successes?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

NefariousKoel wrote:
[
They've mostly been targeting YouTubers who make Ad money. But they're probably moving the bullseye around now that it's had some success. Why wouldn't the MSNM be emboldened by these successes?

That is a good point. The primary motivation for assassinating O'Reilly is political but there is also a clear business interest for CNN and even CBS which are both wall to wall on this.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next