maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pamak's responses to the "Pamak free thread comments"
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13382
jack t ripper wrote:
It was on the Matrix general forum that I first encountered rabid, irrational anti-Americanism from presumably well-educated western Europeans. I never really looked at on-line forums before that.

I made one very mild defense of US policy and was attacked like an alleged quran-burner at Friday prayers. I never knew people were so fucking nuts. Now I know better. ;)

Yup.
While it was a bit before my time, I'm told the same sort of response came up after 9/11.
I didn't join Matrix forums until July 2002 so I missed out on the post 9/11 responses.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:06 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14298
chijohnaok wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
It was on the Matrix general forum that I first encountered rabid, irrational anti-Americanism from presumably well-educated western Europeans. I never really looked at on-line forums before that.

I made one very mild defense of US policy and was attacked like an alleged quran-burner at Friday prayers. I never knew people were so fucking nuts. Now I know better. ;)

Yup.
While it was a bit before my time, I'm told the same sort of response came up after 9/11.
I didn't join Matrix forums until July 2002 so I missed out on the post 9/11 responses.

Haha. 11-15-2002 for me. Just looked it up. Probably around the time War in the Pacific came out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:07 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8956
chijohnaok wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:

Yup.

Imagine what it was like sitting in faculty meetings with a bunch of avowed communists . . .

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:12 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4170
I joined Matrix Games forums on September 11, 2001... :shock:

Had no experience of forums prior to that. AFAIK there's only sven and abradley left from those days...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:16 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13382
jack t ripper wrote:
chijohnaok wrote:
Yup.

Haha. 11-15-2002 for me. Just looked it up. Probably around the time War in the Pacific came out.

IIRC Uncommon Valor I think was my first Matrix game and what got me into the Matrix forums. I don't remember when it came out though. UV of course then led me into WITP.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:20 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4170
sven wrote:
...I know every interaction KG...

IIRC his nick was inspired by Rommel but he was in love with Division Das Reich. Until you and your Danish buddy tore into him from being a Nazi fanboi that is - upon which he ditched everything German and became a USMC fanboi instead (more politically correct I guess). Never really knew him. He stuck with SPWAW long after it died I think...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:25 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3530
wulfir wrote:
sven wrote:
...I know every interaction KG...

IIRC his nick was inspired by Rommel but he was in love with Division Das Reich. Until you and your Danish buddy tore into him from being a Nazi fanboi that is - upon which he ditched everything German and became a USMC fanboi instead (more politically correct I guess). Never really knew him. He stuck with SPWAW long after it died I think...

I have very little use for GermanFan Uber Alles as you know, AmmoSgt tore him a new one for seemingly equating the USMC and WunderKrieg.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:27 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 11905
chijohnaok wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:

Yup.

It certainly did.

I occasionally frequented a few gaming forums back then. Since around late 2000 iirc.

The Anti-American, Anti-Capitalist, and, in some places of the 'net, generally Anti-Western bullshit got pretty thick.

I recall seeing a few Europeans claiming that America had been asking for it, and that it "serves them right". Literally saw that phrase posted more than once.

I also recall seeing a few Americans getting banned from some forums for calling those assholes out. I remember it happening at least once on the old Paradox forums in '01 because the anti-american shit poster was Swedish, or something, and got away with all his name calling whilst the American guy got banned for returning fire. It was obvious that, in some forums, the moderators were sympathetic to such assholery.

There were only a small percentage of those hostile types, but they turned their bullshit up to eleven. And some of the other more passive ones were trying to nod their heads in agreement with them while trying not to look too much like the assholes they were backing.

Yes, I still remember the angry disgust I had for some of those comments attempting to justify Al Qaeda just to help reinforce those dickholes' personal jealousy & resentment of Americans. Was probably something they were taught during their early lifetime, too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:34 pm 
Oppressive Tyrant and Enemy of Truth

Reputation points: 11882
wulfir wrote:
I joined Matrix Games forums on September 11, 2001... :shock:

Had no experience of forums prior to that. AFAIK there's only sven and abradley left from those days...

er, **ahem**

It was during that time that I became the Prince of Darkness.

You do recall the brave leftists at Dave's gay bath house?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14298
Quote:
Dave's gay bath house
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next