maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New travel ban blocked
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:48 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17757
You know who the next guy who's completely dominated his industry to the point where he's bored and needs a bigger challenge to keep life interesting will be?

Rush Limbaur. 8-)

"Correct 98.7% of the time w/ half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair." 8-)

He's like president Trump. Ppl have been asking im to run for 20 years. He's always said he wont. "First off, I wouldn't take the pay cut" 8-)

I predict he'll eventually get bored and decide to run. Some ppl gather so much money they have nothing else to spend it on, and their family will be driving Lamborghinis 8 generations out even if they're all fuckups. These guys get bored they simply have nothing else to do.

Imagine 8 years of president Trump followed by Limbaur being elected :lol: Liberals will be livestreaming setting themselves on fire 8-)

This post was prepared by C_S as a service to the Internet community. It is intended, but not promised nor guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date. Do not act or rely on any of this information without first seeking the advice of an attorney

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:40 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3006

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Dershowitz had an interesting point about the Hawaii ruling. If the countries selected in the travel ban were chosen by the Obama administration because of purposeful or unintentional lack of cooperation with US vetting.....but the ban in unconstitutional because Trump said he wanted a travel ban on "muslims" early in his campaign....then you would have the absurd situation of the ban being constitutional if Obama issued it but unconstitutional if Trump issued it.

I have a feeling the SCOTUS will not put up with such idiocy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14845
How can enforcing immigration policy be "unconstitutional?" Foreigners are not protected by the U.S. constitution, even residence are not per se.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:51 am 
Sergeant Major

pamak wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/15/politics/travel-ban-blocked/index.html?adkey=bn

Quote:
Federal judge blocks new Trump travel ban

A federal judge in Hawaii has blocked President Donald Trump's new travel ban on Wednesday afternoon, hours before the ban was set to go into effect.

This ruling means that travelers from six Muslim-majority countries and refugees will be able to travel to the US.
The Trump administration took over a month to rewrite the travel ban order after multiple federal courts blocked its implementation last month.
Unlike the previous executive order, the new one removed Iraq from the list of banned countries, exempted those with green cards and visas, and removed a provision arguably prioritizes certain religious minorities.
Despite this changes, US District Court Judge Derrick Watson concluded that the new executive order still failed to pass legal muster.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... trump.html

Quote:
U.S. Supreme Court reinstates Trump travel ban

Updated on June 26, 2017 at 9:39 AM Posted on June 26, 2017 at 9:38 AM

BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
WASHINGTON -- The Supreme Court is letting the Trump administration enforce its 90-day ban on travelers from six mostly Muslim countries, overturning lower court orders that blocked it.

The action Monday is a victory for President Donald Trump in the biggest legal controversy of his young presidency.

Trump said last week that the ban would take effect 72 hours being cleared by courts.

The justices will hear arguments in the case in the fall.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:56 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14052
Go SCOTUS Go !!!

(sometimes they get 'em right !!)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:04 am 
Sergeant Major

pamak wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/15/politics/travel-ban-blocked/index.html?adkey=bn

Quote:
Federal judge blocks new Trump travel ban

A federal judge in Hawaii has blocked President Donald Trump's new travel ban on Wednesday afternoon, hours before the ban was set to go into effect.

This ruling means that travelers from six Muslim-majority countries and refugees will be able to travel to the US.
The Trump administration took over a month to rewrite the travel ban order after multiple federal courts blocked its implementation last month.
Unlike the previous executive order, the new one removed Iraq from the list of banned countries, exempted those with green cards and visas, and removed a provision arguably prioritizes certain religious minorities.
Despite this changes, US District Court Judge Derrick Watson concluded that the new executive order still failed to pass legal muster.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, Pammy, The Supremes are more inclined to follow the actual law.

Not sure what the legal definition of "American individual" is. Might include Green Card holders or it might mean citizens. If the former, everyone in Syria will suddenly be the daughter or son of a refugee in the US ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:05 am 
Sergeant Major

Quote:
"An American individual or entity that has a bona fide relationship with a particular person seeking to enter the country as a refugee can legitimately claim concrete hardship if that person is excluded,” the Court wrote. “As to these individuals and entities, we do not disturb the injunction. But when it comes to refugees who lack any such connection to the United States, for the reasons we have set out, the balance tips in favor of the Government’s compelling need to provide for the Nation’s security.”

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:09 am 
Sergeant Major

That language DOES have opportunity for mischief.

For example, an American university could offer an adjunct teaching position to a goat-herder-shagger from Bumfuckistan and demand his exemption.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:43 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14052
But it sounds like it will at least require more paperwork and delays and what not and that's the best we can hope for ... slow the flood waters for a little while ...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next