maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nazis! Nazis Everywhere!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:26 am 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 13550
sven wrote:

My son and I both wear our hair shaved on the sides and back and long on top aka "the original GI haircut" dating back to the ACW and S-A war at a minimum.....

he got accused of being a skinhead by some wanna-be Anti-fa shithead here in Montana....

he laughed and said "My great grandpa wore his hair like this when he was fighting throw you in the oven real Nazis asshole."

(my bold)

LOL

Well done. :D

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:24 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10226
Pimp My Reich . . .

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:30 am 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11508
German army barracks are being searched for nazi memorabilia...

Quote:
Inspections have been ordered at every German army barracks, after Nazi-era memorabilia was found at two of them.

The defence ministry said the command came from the inspector general of the Bundeswehr (Germany's armed forces).

All barracks will be searched for material linked to the Wehrmacht, the army which served Adolf Hitler.

The move follows a growing scandal over far-right extremism within the army, with an officer accused of plotting an attack disguised as a Syrian refugee.

The army lieutenant, who had expressed far-right views, was arrested in late April.

Prosecutors in Frankfurt said the 28-year-old suspect had a "xenophobic background".

Germany's Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen cancelled a planned trip to the US and travelled to his garrison in Illkirch, northeastern France.

Officials found Wehrmacht memorabilia openly displayed there in the common room, despite a ban on Nazi symbols.

A second barracks, Fürstenberg in Donaueschingen, southwest Germany, was then sucked into the scandal on Saturday after a display cabinet was found containing Nazi-era helmets.

Spiegel online reported that pictures of Wehrmacht soldiers were found on a wall, along with Nazi pistols, more helmets and military decorations.

A Defence Ministry spokesman told Reuters the items found in Donaueschingen did not include Nazi objects punishable under German law, such as swastikas.

However, Ms Von der Leyen said last Wednesday that she would not tolerate the veneration of the Wehrmacht in today's army.

She said the latest scandals were no longer isolated cases, adding that "a misunderstood esprit de corps" had led senior officers to "look the other way".

The minister later apologised for the tone of her criticism, after political opponents accused her of smearing the whole army.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39835609

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:56 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10165
When we've put on large public miniatures games ... some of our cadre wear SS uniforms (camo field uniforms not the fancy dress uniforms), we display russian and german period flags, the tanks have authentic decals, etc. I guess one day we will get arrested for this, but we haven't yet.
We put on a large Prokhorovka game one year at historicon ... and the black guy who ran the russian team (who won) wore a german WWII officer cap (I guess he left his russia officer cap at home). But that was a few weeks ago.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:26 pm 
Hair in the soap

As much as I dislike Axis Fanboys, I'd wanna say that I've been alarmed by some of the German gov't measures I've read about in recent years. (Being a dyed-wool American Liberty type)

At some point, people have to realize the pendulum swings too far the other direction, becoming essentially the same thing they think that they are preventing.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:50 pm 
Hair in the soap

NefariousKoel wrote:
As much as I dislike Axis Fanboys, I'd wanna say that I've been alarmed by some of the German gov't measures I've read about in recent years. (Being a dyed-wool American Liberty type)

At some point, people have to realize the pendulum swings too far the other direction, becoming essentially the same thing they think that they are preventing.

In other words...

Can Germans even realize when they've gone too far? Even now?

:P

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:24 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4545
I heard the ban on Mein Kampf expired in Germany though, and that it is selling fairly good...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:04 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10226
wulfir wrote:
I heard the ban on Mein Kampf expired in Germany though, and that it is selling fairly good...

Yeah, but are they still trotting out 95 year old dudes for public displays of moral righteousness and appropriate behavior?

In principle, I agree with punishing all those who were culpable. But where does the boundary between culpable and "not culpable" stop? All of the extermination camps were located outside the original borders of Germany at the outbreak of war (all seem to have been inside former Poland) but there were thousands of Germans who must have been exposed to what was going on there, and surely these folks communicated it to others. Combine this with the fact that, the series of laws since 1933 had progressively turned the various untermensch (most notably he Joos) into non-citizens and eventually into "those without a right to live." Any adult living in Germany between 1932 and 1945 HAD to have been aware that Jews, etc., were being subjugated, dispossessed and subjected to special restrictions and deprivations, including violence, theft, kidnapping, and mass deportation if not murder. PERHAPS it was possible for many of these Germans to dismiss the obvious implication from connecting all the dots, i.e., that the Joos who were being carted off were being carted off to fucking DEATH CAMPS to be industrially-executed, but that is a reasonably big leap of rejection.

There were also thousands of Waffen-SS who oversaw the camps, and at least hundreds of civil German officials who oversaw them. Considering that these people were not necessarily sworn to secrecy--and why WOULD they have been sworn to secrecy, given that Nazi rhetoric and propaganda had been building up the moral, practical and ethical justification, nah IMPERATIVE for the genocide--I find it hard to believe that tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of Germans who were neither in the government (at any level) nor in the military were NOT aware of what was going on. There were assassination attempts on Hitler, and certainly in the earlier phases of the Nazi regime a large exodus of folks who anticipated what was coming and said "I'm OUT!" But apart from that, to my knowledge there was never anything like real dissent against Nazi rule and only very rarely efforts by Germans to undermine the Final Solution.

Should every adult German between say autumn 1935 (when the Nuremberg Laws were enacted) and spring/summer 1945 when Germany surrendered and allied troops assumed control be held accountable?

Should modern day German authorities expend investigative, administrative and judicial resources to try to establish the degree of culpability of every German still alive from that time who has so far escaped conviction?

My understanding was that, when the allies setup the Nuremberg Tribunals and the subsequent follow-on trials in the Western sectors, they realized that it would be essentially impossible to try _everyone_ who was culpable, and they settled instead of trying only the ~150 or so notables who were tried in the dozen or so trials that transpired between fall 1945 and 1947. Lord knows what the Soviets were doing in their sectors . . . probably not bothering too much with jurisprudence of due process . . . I'm also aware that, over the years when evidence which was deemed too significant to ignore arose, there have been additional trials against alleged former Nazis either the German officials or international tribunals of one sort or another. Perhaps these have all been warranted, just and proper, but at what point does it morph from "pursuit of justice" into "pursuit of judicial theatre?"

wulfir wrote:

And why _shouldn't_ it sell pretty good!? And why shouldn't any adult be free to read it!? It's a god damn book! It doesn't have magical powers, and neither does a "ban" on owning or reading one.

Worried that Germans will read Mein Kampf and turn into little mini-Hitlers? Then make the book required reading in Middle School and devote an entire section of German history/literature curriculum toward discussing the book and its messages. Have a little fucking faith in human critical thinking and decision making ability as well as moral and ethical fiber . . .

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:14 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4545
Anthropoid wrote:
Yeah, but are they still trotting out 95 year old dudes for public displays of moral righteousness and appropriate behavior?

Former prisoner at Mauthausen when challenged by the reporter on making comparisions with current right wing populists (like Orban, Le Pen etc) and Hitler (around 14.40 into the clip):

Nicht ganz. Nicht ganz.
Aber es führt dazu.

Hitler did not start off with gassings. First came the work camps. Then the forced work camps. Then the KZ.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:18 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15682
Mein Kampf has about 1/10,000 the appeal or reach of something like The Man in the High Castle and there is no shortage of "Semites" in Hollywood.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next