maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: CNN president Zucker Claims Credibility ‘Higher Than Ever’
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:08 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 20000
Quote:
CNN’s president claims his network’s credibility is “higher than ever,” calling it a “mistake” for the new US administration to be at odds with the news media. His statements come amid a fake news controversy on Donald Trump’s ties to the Russian government.

“I think our credibility is higher than ever, and our viewership is higher than ever, and our reporting is as strong as ever,” Jeff Zucker said in an interview with Gabriel Sherman at New York Magazine, published on Wednesday.

His comment comes at a time when CNN’s credibility is actually under scrutiny. CNN appeared at the center of a fake news controversy, having reported on an unverified memo that suggested that the Russian government is blackmailing President-elect Trump with compromising personal and financial information about him and that he has deep ties with the Russian government.

In a press-conference that followed shortly afterwards, Trump slammed CNN as “disgraceful” and also called Buzzfeed, another news network that published a report on the controversial memos, as “a failing pile of garbage.” The leader-in-waiting then refused to take a question from a CNN reporter during his first press conference since July.

“Be quiet. I’m not going to give you a question. You are fake news,” Trump said.

Trump later said that intelligence insiders confirmed to him that the much-hyped dossier, alleging that Moscow has compromising evidence on him, was a fake.

Moreover, the rift between the incoming US president and the network started long before this latest episode – Trump repeatedly called out CNN along with other major US news outlets for biased reporting on him in the run-up to November’s presidential election. Information released by WikiLeaks ahead of the elections also showed the network consistently attempting to help Trump’s rival Hillary Clinton’s failed presidential campaign.

Zucker acknowledged that Trump hasn’t done an interview with CNN in some eight months now, but claimed that he will eventually come to terms with the network, as it is the one that “shapes the perception of Donald Trump in capitals around the world.”

“It doesn’t worry me that Donald Trump hasn’t done an interview with CNN in eight months […]

“One of the things I think this administration hasn’t figured out yet is that there’s only one television network that is seen in Beijing, Moscow, Seoul, Tokyo, Pyongyang, Baghdad, Tehran and Damascus — and that’s CNN. The perception of Donald Trump in capitals around the world is shaped, in many ways, by CNN. Continuing to have an adversarial relationship with that network is a mistake,” Zucker stated.

“It’s just unfortunate that the most powerful person in the world is trying to delegitimize journalism and an organization that plays such a vital role in our democracy. I think he’s entitled to his opinion, but it’s — to use one of his favorite words — sad,” he added.

Regarding the recent rift with Trump, Zucker said that publishing the report on an unconfirmed dossier was worth the trouble in terms of news value.

“I actually think this was a pretty easy call in terms of its news value. The fact is, the top four intelligence chiefs of the United States decided to include in their briefing to the president and president-elect a two-page summary of allegations involving the president-elect. That is newsworthy by any definition,” he explained.

The report resulted in a full scale war breaking out on Twitter between Trump’s supporters and those who took the side of the MSM following the scandal.

While the anti-Trump community thanked the press for “hammering” the president-elect and called him a “dictator,” Trump’s supporters praised how he “demolished” the “manipulative national media.”

https://www.rt.com/usa/374243-cnn-zucke ... ity-trump/

Attachment:
1484849839541.jpg
1484849839541.jpg [ 81.17 KiB | Viewed 2055 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: CNN president Zucker Claims Credibility ‘Higher Than Eve
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15802
:lol:

Zucker's delusional. CNN has ZERO journalistic credibility. Zucker's obvious implied threat to trash-talk Trump if Trump doesn't kiss CNN's fanny is not going to play well in the White House; CNN may discover that its reporters aren't allowed into the briefing room, and won't be allowed to travel with the usual cadre of WH-Reporter Hangers-On. If that happens, CNNs international audience share will plummet.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:22 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16211
The Mad Men are no less Mad today, but perhaps they are less Men . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

Mac wrote:
[
"Hillary hleps two men up stairs"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:35 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3928
Zuckerberg said his network shapes world opinion. Most of us over here don't bother with pay tv!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:11 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
CNN president Zucker wrote:
The perception of Donald Trump in capitals around the world is shaped, in many ways, by CNN. Continuing to have an adversarial relationship with that network is a mistake,” Zucker stated.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ident.html

Quote:
Outage at 'traitorous' CNN for 'inciting violence' with report that OBAMA cabinet member will be president if Trump and Pence are killed at the inauguration
    CNN speculated about what would happen if Trump was killed in inauguration
    It reported that an Obama-selected secretary would be sworn in as president
    They also showed scenes from a new TV show that depicts a Capitol bombing
    Furious viewers said report would 'incite violence' against the president-elect
    Some even speculated that CNN was hoping that someone would kill Trump
    Obama's choice of survivor follows pre-existing protocol in event of major attack

By Dailymail.com Reporter
PUBLISHED: 12:56 EST, 19 January 2017 | UPDATED: 17:35 EST, 19 January 2017

CNN has been accused of inciting violence against Donald Trump after the network said an Obama appointee would take over if the president-elect was killed at his inauguration.

Wednesday's startling report, titled 'Disaster could put Obama appointee in Oval Office,' speculated on what might happen if Trump, Mike Pence and the Congressional leaders were all killed during the ceremony.

During the segment they also used scenes from ABC show 'Designated Survivor', which depicts what would happen if the Capitol building - the venue for Trump's swearing in - was bombed and the Commander-in-chief killed.

The report concluded that a Democrat would take the vice-president's place in the White House in the event of such an attack, worrying some that venomous anti-Trump protesters might attempt a treasonous attack on the event.
Scroll down for video

Multiple Tweets and the rest of the article at above link

Here is a CNN news video cited in the above article:

Yeah CNN.....your news channel is full of.............credibility. :roll:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16211
Not waving, but drowning is I believe what we'd call CNN's current behavior . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:00 pm 
Sergeant Major

Hell of a creepy story to run. It would have to be a small nuke or a 20,000 lb Tallboy to get everyone.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:03 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 1780
Quote:
Outage at 'traitorous' CNN for 'inciting violence' with report that OBAMA cabinet member will be president if Trump and Pence are killed at the inauguration

Here is the 2009 "incitement of violence" by the "liberal media" just before Obama's first inauguration.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gates-to-be ... ation-day/

Quote:
By BRIAN MONTOPOLI CBS NEWS January 19, 2009, 10:38 AM

If the unthinkable happens on Inauguration Day, Robert Gates, the defense secretary, will be available to assume the reins of government.

"In order to ensure continuity of government, Defense Secretary Robert Gates has been designated by the outgoing Administration, with the concurrence of the incoming Administration, to serve as the designated successor during Inauguration Day, Tuesday, January 20th," White House press Secretary Dana Perino said.

According to the Presidential Succession Act of 1947, if the president is unable to fulfill his duties, the Vice President succeeds him, followed by the Speaker of the House, the President pro tempore of the Senate (traditionally the senior member of the majority party), The Secretary of the Treasury, and then the Secretary of Defense. (The succession order continues from there – You can see the full list here.)

Did you ever think of trying to disprove your little theory by exploring if such questions of succession commonly appear before the inauguration day?

Of course not...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next