maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:50 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
jack t ripper wrote:
Trump suspends the DACA "program", which was never a program in the first place, it was a seriously questionable application of "prosecutorial discretion" by Hussein DIRECTLY ordered in purposeful violation of the law of the land in order to please a Dem constituency...and now Trump is positioning himself to sign a law creating an actual program and the act of undoing Hussein's executive order has now created leverage.

So tell us, snow pussy, who is zooming whom? Quite strategic for a "retard", eh?

Now, he is, one by one, undoing idiotic "Temporary Protected Status" orders, some of which were instituted for a Salvadoran earthquake 15 years ago

Slowly undoing the past executive decrees that attempted to subvert US sovereignty and import foreign voters. Excellent!

Seems Canada needs it's own Trump, after the effeminate weeping vagina they elected in Canuckistan. Lotta Canadians certainly pissed about his Canadian-loathing globalist nonsense, from all the complaints I see.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... e-for-2020

Quote:
Jamie Dimon: Dems don't have a strong candidate for 2020

BY JULIA MANCHESTER - 01/12/18 10:23 PM EST

JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon said in an interview on Friday that the Democratic Party does not have a strong candidate for the 2020 presidential election.

“The thing about the Democrats is they will not have a chance, in my opinion. They don’t have a strong centrist, pro-business, pro-free enterprise person," Dimon told Maria Bartiromo on Fox Business' "Wall Street Week."

"The American public is not clamoring for more government. They were angry about the Great Recession, they blamed banks, they blamed Washington, but they’re also angry about the bureaucracy,” he continued.

Democrats are set to attempt to take back both chambers of Congress in 2018, while speculation swirls around a slew of potential candidates to take on President Trump in 2020.

Figures such as Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and former Vice President Joe Biden have all been floated as possible contenders.

Dimon, who serves as the chairman of the Business Roundtable, said in November that Trump would likely be a one-term president. He has since said he regrets those comments.

I worked at Chase for a bit and got to hear Dimon speak in person at an employee event.
He is a pretty smart guy.

Quote:
They don’t have a strong centrist, pro-business, pro-free enterprise person," Dimon told Maria Bartiromo on Fox Business'

Given how far to the left that the Democratic Party has moved they do not want a centrist, pro-business, pro-free enterprise person.
I'm not sure there are even any centrist, pro-business, pro-free enterprise Democrats left.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:
Given how far to the left that the Democratic Party has moved they do not want a centrist, pro-business, pro-free enterprise person.
I'm not sure there are even any centrist, pro-business, pro-free enterprise Democrats left.

Yes, concisely that is the problem. The motivated base are all anti-capitalist lunatics.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15961
Based on the reaction to Trump over the past ~year, I early last year predicted the Democratic party will not manage to achieve a coherent counter position to the Trump movement. That doesn't exactly mean that all of their legislative races will fail; most of those races are primarily against Republicans and Trump is not a Republican, nor are most (many anyway?) "Republicans" followers of the Trump movement.

So their performance in the 2018 elections may not be completely dismal. To the extent Republican candidates can tap into the same zeitgeist as Trump (in those regions where it resonates), else undermine tired Dem rhetoric in those regions where Trump is anathema, the Trump effect may deal more hard blows to the Democratic party this year.

https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_H ... ions,_2018

But unless major things change for the Democratic party, I'd say they are fucked for the 2020 Presidential elections.

In the first place, you need at least one solid candidate who is not afraid to admit the truth, i.e., why Clinton lost. You also need this person to have a sufficiently unifying appeal to a sufficient segment of the "left" if not also the center that they can overtake the inevitable field of diverse Democratic contenders.

It is still perhaps a bit early for such a Dem hero/heroine to arise, but if it does not happen late this year then it is not going to happen I think.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

Already two longstanding Republican Congressmen are retiring in Orange County because their districts have morphed (partly from demographic shifts but also from redistricting...under the control of the Dem legislature in Calif)

Dana Rohrbacher (really a Libertarian) and the other guy was quite prominent on committee work....they both had very powerful positions so the polling must be very, very bad for them to retire.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

If the Dems think Oprah is their champion I would say "bring it on" because she does seem to have some serious Harvey Weinstein baggage....and a history of race baiting.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15961
Hmmm, seems Rohrbacher "likes" Putin. Probably better than Trump does. Well enough at least that he "won a drunken arm-wrestling match" against Putin in the 1990s :P

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/us/p ... -fire.html

Paradoxical(?, is that the word? maybe even in this instance truly _ironic_??) that while the "Mueller Probe" has from the outset intended to target Trumpolini, it has instead seemingly caused carnage to everyone BUT its primary target :lol: . . . Dems and Repubs alike! :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:12 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Anthropoid wrote:
Paradoxical(?, is that the word? maybe even in this instance truly _ironic_??) that while the "Mueller Probe" has from the outset intended to target Trumpolini, it has instead seemingly caused carnage to everyone BUT its primary target :lol: . . . Dems and Repubs alike! :P

Drain the swamp. ;)

Many of them have been selling off the interests of the average American Joe for decades.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:46 pm 
Sergeant Major

Good news Democrats.......

John Kerry considering presidential run in 2020: report

:lol:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:

:lol: Lurch? :lol: Bring it on He could be Oprah's VP

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next