Election 2020

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

Re: Election 2020

#1971 Post by jack t ripper » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:34 am

GettyImages-1201375940-640x480.jpg
GettyImages-1201375940-640x480.jpg (97.17 KiB) Viewed 200 times
Bernie has naked tatas on his stage and Trump has this. :-)
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: Marching home to <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY">Erica</a>

#1972 Post by Anthropoid » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:56 am

jack t ripper wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:27 am
You left out Gabbard, who is hotter than the charcoal on Saturday in Austin and is the most moderate Dem, but who Hildabest labels a Russian agent.

The Russian goal, as it has been fr 80+ years is to have the US weakened by chaos and political turmoil and voter doubt. If you ask me they are probably hoping for Bernie.
Gotta admit, Tulsi is hot AF. She reminds me of a slightly younger version of my wife (who is also part native Hawaiian). Still . . . I'm not sure I could vote for her; I mean sure! Getting a boner for a MILF politician MIGHT be a fine basis to vote for them :lol: , but my large head tells me "Hol up!"

Something about her says "Cannot be trusted," and while she definitely strives to say all the right "moderate" things and does not do the whole radical pander routine, some of the few comments I've seen from her make me worried she's actually not who she plays on TV.

Plus, it seems inconceivable that she gets the nomination at this point, given she has like ZERO points in the Democratic Caucus race?

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1973 Post by chijohnaok » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:27 am

Five days until the Nevada Caucus.

Will the Dems get it right or will Nevada be a repeat of what happened in Iowa?

This person predicts that NV will be a cluster - - - -.

https://pjmedia.com/election/its-lookin ... usterfark/
ELECTION 2020

It's Looking More and More Like Nevada Will Be Another Democratic Clusterfark

BY RICK MORAN FEBRUARY 16, 2020

With less than a week to go before the Nevada caucuses, it's looking like the Democrats will have another wholesale disaster on their hands -- and for the same reasons they screwed up in Iowa.

Politico:

In interviews, three caucus volunteers described serious concerns about rushed preparations for the Feb. 22 election, including insufficient training for a newly-adopted electronic vote-tally system and confusing instructions on how to administer the caucuses. There are also unanswered questions about the security of Internet connections at some 2,000 precinct sites that will transmit results to a central “war room” set up by the Nevada Democratic Party.

This is after state party chairman William McCurdy said we “can confidently say that what happened in the Iowa caucus last night will not happen in Nevada.”

If the definition of "crazy" is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, Democrats are loony tunes.

This is getting serious. The integrity of the entire nomination is under question if Nevada has similar problems that Iowa had. And it doesn't stop at insufficient training on the vote-counting app.

Some volunteers who will help run caucuses at precinct locations said they have not been trained on iPads that the party purchased to enter and transmit vote counts. Party officials scrambled to streamline their vote reporting system — settling on Google forms accessible through a saved link on the iPads — after scrapping a pair of apps they’d been planning to use until a similar app caused the fiasco in Iowa two weeks ago.

The volunteers also said the party has not provided sufficient training on how to use the Google form that will compile vote totals, a complicated process in a caucus.

Yikes. How much do you wanna bet that most of those volunteers are students at Nevada universities -- young people who are so dumb they have problem signing their names? The technology is only as idiot proof as the idiots who operate it and with college students and little old ladies, what can go wrong?

Think I'm exaggerating?

The iPads weren’t discussed until more than halfway through the presentation, the volunteer said, when someone asked how early vote totals would be added to the totals compiled live at each precinct. The person leading the training said not to worry because the iPads would do the math for them.

“There were old ladies looking at me like, ‘Oh, we’re going to have iPads,’” the volunteer told POLITICO.

Full disclosure: I am a computer ignoramus. A 2-year-old orangutan would be more proficient on an iPad than me. But the Democrats are stupid enough to hire someone like me on to help choose their nominee?

Sheesh.

Politico points out why screwing up in Nevada will hurt so bad.

The concerns, which were described on condition of anonymity because the volunteers are not authorized to speak to reporters, come at a perilous moment for the Democratic Party. As the third state on the primary calendar and the first with a significant minority population, Nevada holds huge importance in the nomination contest. The debacle in Iowa cost one state party chairman his job and threatened the standing of the national party chairman, while casting doubts about whether the results from party-run caucuses can be trusted.

Nevada Democratic officials insist they have everything under control. But a repeat of Iowa — or any kind of breakdown — would be disastrous.

It's just not minorities who are ready to pounce if another debacle ensues in Nevada. The national media is primed to give it to the Democrats. First of all, their screw-ups are making journalists stay up past their bedtime. Plus, they have all these pre-written storylines about victory and defeat for this candidate or that they can't use because the results aren't known.

All that work for nothing.

So sit back, relax, pop some popcorn, and strap it down. Nevada looks like it's going to be a wild one.
Hmmmm....'The IPads will do the math'.
They are handing IPads to little old ladies.
An IPad can't "do math" until the data(numbers/vote totals) are input.

PS: Wherever I have voted, Chicago, suburban Chicago, and Florida, the polling precincts seem to be disproportionately made up of "old lady" volunteers.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1974 Post by chijohnaok » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:35 am

So here is something that I had not considered (but it sounds totally plausible):

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... staff.html
February 16, 2020

Bloomberg is buying up so many campaign operatives that down-ballot Dem campaigns unable to find staff

By Thomas Lifson

The Law of Unintended Consequences is once again surprising liberals, and this time it has nothing to do with misguided social or tax policy. Michael Bloomberg’s willingness to spend lavishly on his presidential campaign, offering much higher compensation and job guarantees through November, is starving other Democrats’ campaigns of capable campaign workers. Ryan Grim of the lefty-but-honest website, The Intercept, calls it “The Bloomberg Effect.”

Bloomberg’s spending is having a shockingly disruptive effect on Democratic politics throughout the country: He is hiring armies of staffers and canvassers in nearly every state in the country at eye-popping salaries, poaching talent from other campaigns and progressive organizations that are now struggling to fill jobs. In just three months, the Bloomberg campaign has hired thousands of people to staff more than 125 offices around the country, the New York Times reported Thursday. (snip)

Progressive groups, local campaigns, and presidential operations are either losing staff to the Bloomberg campaign, or are struggling to hire people because the former mayor has picked so many political operatives and canvassers up, according to interviews, emails, and messages from dozens of people involved in hiring. Several of them spoke to The Intercept on condition of anonymity, either not to offend the biggest spender in political history, or not to expose publicly that they are having a hard time finding staff, which the public could perceive as suggestive of weakness.

Both the scale of the effort and Bloomberg’s willingness to pay far more than other campaigns offer is disrupting business as usual for Democrats.

The Bloomberg campaign is offering field organizers, or FOs) $6,000 per month and guaranteed pay through November, and many have realized that if they demand more, they will likely get it, according to hiring managers. A typical salary for that position at the state or federal level might be $3,000 to $4,000, and multiple operatives in charge of hiring FOs say they’ve never had a harder time recruiting, and applicants are making extreme demands. Regional organizing directors are being offered $8,000 a month to start, significantly more than typical campaigns.

Monica Showalter adds: Here's another unintended consequence: Bloomberg's big spending ways are not only starving other Democrat campaigns of staff, they are driving up the cost of ads for other Democrats, leaving them with less money with which to battle Trump. Trumpsters can get onboard with that one: Spend, Mikey, spend.

It is very rare for a campaign operative to switch parties, so the crowding out effect of Bloomberg’s largesse is affecting Democrat, not Republican, campaigns. GOP staffers may be envious of their Dem counterparts, but those in non-presidential settings have the advantage when it comes to winning because they have access to adequate levels of staffing.

Glenn Reynolds, the Instapundit, quips, "SO IF DEMOCRATS LOSE THE HOUSE OR STATE LEGISLATURES, THEY CAN BLAME MIKE."

Up until he ran for president, Bloomberg’s financial support for Democrats was totally welcome by the Donkeys, and many in fact credit his $200 million in 2018 for swinging the House majority to Democrats. But now that he is out for Number One and outbidding everyone else for staff, that goodwill will turn into resentment, and then hatred. Even if he wins.

Caricature by Donkey Hotey

The Law of Unintended Consequences is once again surprising liberals, and this time it has nothing to do with misguided social or tax policy. Michael Bloomberg’s willingness to spend lavishly on his presidential campaign, offering much higher compensation and job guarantees through November, is starving other Democrats’ campaigns of capable campaign workers. Ryan Grim of the lefty-but-honest website, The Intercept, calls it “The Bloomberg Effect.”
Bloomberg is sucking up so many experienced campaign workers, that campaigns for Congressional and state legislative candidates are having a hard time hiring people.

:D
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: Marching home to <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY">Erica</a>

#1975 Post by Anthropoid » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:56 am

So Bloomberg is basically proving the old axiom "United we stand, divided we fall," AND increasing the probability that Trump rules for another 4 years . . .

Superficially, Bloomberg seems like a potential threat to Trump. But once you understand how tied up he is with Chinese money you realize, he doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell. Oh sure, there is a thin segment of the business caste and the moneyed elites who might be very much in favor of selling the U.S. to the ChiComs, but that is a tiny fraction of the electorate. A large fraction of Bernie voters are the Salad for Breakfast Hemp voter bloc and there is no way they are gonna vote for Bloomberg. At best I'd say the Biden/ButtyPlug/Warren blocs might yield him 30 to 50% fractions.

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1976 Post by jack t ripper » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:02 am

Dem campaign workers...young..idealistic...fresh-faced..........paid shills for Doomberg. :-)

$ 6K a month to run a Rent-a-Mob operation scrounging up people to come to Doomberg stops.

Donna Brazile was completely dumping on Doomberg over his stop and frisk policy.

Seems to me one New Yorker with a giant ego is enough in the race.
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1977 Post by jack t ripper » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:03 am

Salad for Breakfast Hemp voter bloc
:lol:

There should be a comma after "breakfast", right?

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major

#1978 Post by Anthropoid » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:41 am

jack t ripper wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:03 am
Salad for Breakfast Hemp voter bloc
:lol:

There should be a comma after "breakfast", right?
:D

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major

#1979 Post by Anthropoid » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:21 am

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major

#1980 Post by Anthropoid » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:23 am

Bernie looks REALLY irritated. Get off my stage you damn punks!