Election 2020

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Mac
First Sergeant

Re: Election 2020

#1911 Post by Mac » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:54 pm

jack t ripper wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:13 pm
Mac wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:04 pm
I keep hearing talk about Super Tuesday, can anyone give me the quick rundown on what that is about?

14 states, including California, Massachusetts and Virginia hold their primary on the SAME DAY...March 3. Tremendous number of delegates up for grabs.

Also, California is so huge you can't really saturate with TV ads so you have to be a leading candidate going in or spend spectacular amounts of money
Thanks mate. I think that is the day Bloomberg is going to enter the fray isn't it.
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

AngryOldMan
Staff Sergeant

#1912 Post by AngryOldMan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:01 pm

Every Bernie Bro is all excited that he just took one of the most left wing states in the country by 1.5% against effectively 4 opponents who are all to varying degrees carbon copies.
I think yesterday's results were a DISASTER for him. He needed to win by 10-15% at least.

IMO, Sanders is already done. His only chance is that the big 4 'moderates' (by Dem standards only) of Buttgag, Soccer Mom, Biden, Lyawatha all stay in and split the moderate vote long enough for him to cleanup on Super Tuesday. Otherwise, once they start dropping out the vote will collect on one candidate and that will be enough to give them the lead.

I feel that there will be a lot of pressure from the DNC for the low hanging fruit to drop out as they once again try to engineer a result through all possible measures except quality candidates and rational, workable policy.
---------------------------------
If those who can do, and those who can't teach, what does that say about a sex education teacher?

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#1913 Post by Anthropoid » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:07 pm

"Soccer Mom?" Is that Klobuchar's nickname? It makes me think of Gabbard, aka "Mommy," who I think already dropped out?

NATO
Gunnery Sergeant

#1914 Post by NATO » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:17 pm

AngryOldMan wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:01 pm
Every Bernie Bro is all excited that he just took one of the most left wing states in the country by 1.5% against effectively 4 opponents who are all to varying degrees carbon copies.
I think yesterday's results were a DISASTER for him. He needed to win by 10-15% at least.

IMO, Sanders is already done. His only chance is that the big 4 'moderates' (by Dem standards only) of Buttgag, Soccer Mom, Biden, Lyawatha all stay in and split the moderate vote long enough for him to cleanup on Super Tuesday. Otherwise, once they start dropping out the vote will collect on one candidate and that will be enough to give them the lead.

I feel that there will be a lot of pressure from the DNC for the low hanging fruit to drop out as they once again try to engineer a result through all possible measures except quality candidates and rational, workable policy.
cynical, brutal, but honest analysis.
I'm worried abt trump's health, given his age and eating habits. Suppose his liver, heart, whatever collapse before Nov 2020? Or he commits some constitutional outrage that indeed removes him frm office. Anything is possible with this guy, he is a loose, overweight, personally unhealthy, unbalanced cannon, if there ever was one. What then? An emergency Pence candidacy? sanctioned by whom? A Bernie toenail has more charisma with national voters than Pence, no disrespect to Pence. Be very afraid.

Mac
First Sergeant

#1915 Post by Mac » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:20 pm

I would be more worried about Bernie tbh, the guy literally had a heart attack on the campaign trail last year.
What a waste...

Mac
First Sergeant

#1916 Post by Mac » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:21 pm

Anthropoid wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:07 pm
"Soccer Mom?" Is that Klobuchar's nickname? It makes me think of Gabbard, aka "Mommy," who I think already dropped out?
Gabbard is still there, probably not for much longer though.
What a waste...

AngryOldMan
Staff Sergeant

#1917 Post by AngryOldMan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:23 pm

Anthropoid wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:07 pm
I meant Klobo by soccer mom.

I think of Tulsi as Grade A MILFHAR.
---------------------------------
If those who can do, and those who can't teach, what does that say about a sex education teacher?

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1918 Post by jack t ripper » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:22 pm

Pence could not win at the top of the ticket in all likelihood. Nikki Haley could
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1919 Post by jack t ripper » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:35 pm

Trump's father lived to almost 94 and his mom 88. he doesn't seem to be winding down yet.
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#1920 Post by Anthropoid » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:13 am

You know you dun goofed when Bernie Bros and Trumpolinos are dogpiling you . . .