Election 2020

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

Re: Election 2020

#1901 Post by chijohnaok » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:19 am

Joe Biden essentially tells his supporters not to worry......in part because of how well he did in a past debate against Tina Fey.
"Number three: We haven’t had a debate yet. We had a-minute-and-15-second assertions. You call these debates? I’ve been in debates! I debated Paul Ryan. I debated that woman from Alaska who could see Russia. Okay? I did pretty well. They were debates — you can answer questions. Look, folks, Come on."
https://pjmedia.com/trending/joe-biden- ... -tina-fey/
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

AngryOldMan
Staff Sergeant

#1902 Post by AngryOldMan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:54 am

Anthropoid wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:12 pm
mac1812 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:36 pm
Ramos said:

That’s why I am surprised by the indifference shown by so many Mexicans over the abuses of the National Guard and the vicious attacks on social media aimed at Central Americans. Those xenophobic comments remind me of those I have been hearing for decades here in the United States, and of the appalling mistreatment of Mexican immigrants in recent years. Such abuses should not be forgotten or used to justify a similar treatment of migrants in Mexico.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/ ... -now-wall/
Crossing an international border intentionally, with the intent to stay, work, live indefinitely if not permanently, without properly gaining legal right to do so, is a criminal act. We could draw the analogy of breaking into someone's house, intentionally, with the intent to stay, work, live indefinitely if not permanently, without properly gaining legal right to do so.

People who break into other people's houses should not be the least bit surprised when they are subjected to some degree of antipathy, whether xenophobic or otherwise, nor when they suffer some "abuses" or "mistreatment." Want to be treated with respect and dignity? Don't fucking enter where you do not have permission and then presume to live and operate as if you do. Pretty fucking simple stuff.
It's so infuriating. Mexico has some of the most restrictive immigration policies in the world and no one says boo about it. If we implemented their immigration policy the media would have a complete meltdown. This is so typical of the new idiot culture to hold America to a completely different standard than everyone else all while mocking those that call it a great country.
---------------------------------
If those who can do, and those who can't teach, what does that say about a sex education teacher?

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#1903 Post by Anthropoid » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:19 pm

chijohnaok wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:19 am
Joe Biden essentially tells his supporters not to worry......in part because of how well he did in a past debate against Tina Fey.
"Number three: We haven’t had a debate yet. We had a-minute-and-15-second assertions. You call these debates? I’ve been in debates! I debated Paul Ryan. I debated that woman from Alaska who could see Russia. Okay? I did pretty well. They were debates — you can answer questions. Look, folks, Come on."
https://pjmedia.com/trending/joe-biden- ... -tina-fey/
Well, to be fair, Tina Fey is (or at least WAS) hot AF, so I could understand imagining her instead of Palin! Especially for a creeper like Joe! :lol:

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1904 Post by chijohnaok » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:23 pm

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1905 Post by chijohnaok » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:27 pm

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1906 Post by chijohnaok » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:41 pm

Who is the latest to come out against Bernie Sander's Medicare for All plan?

Is it Trump?

Is it other Republicans?

Nope.

It is the Culinary Union in Nevada (Sanders is projected to do well in Nevada. In 2016 Sanders lost there to Clinton 52.64 to 47.29%. An average of polls has Biden 19% vs Sanders 18%)):

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... ealth-plan
Powerful Nevada union warns against Sanders health plan

BY PETER SULLIVAN - 02/12/20 12:16 PM EST

The powerful Culinary Union in Nevada is warning that Sen. Bernie Sanders’s (I-Vt.) Medicare for All plan would “end” their health care plan.

The warning comes in a flyer distributed by the union and obtained by the Nevada Independent. It could pose a problem for Sanders in the state ahead of the caucuses on Feb. 22, given that the Culinary Union is a key force in elections in the state.

The flyer describes Sanders’s health care plan by saying it would “End Culinary Healthcare.” Under his Medicare for All plan, all private health insurance would be replaced with a government-run plan.

The flyer also notes that Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) would “replace Culinary health care after 3-year transition,” given that she also proposes Medicare for All, but not right away.

An earlier flyer from the Union, also reported by the Independent, issued a broader warning about Medicare for All.

“Presidential candidates suggesting forcing millions of hard working people to give up their healthcare creates unnecessary division between workers, and will give us four more years of Trump,” the flyer stated.

Former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg, a more moderate rival to Sanders, sought to appeal to unions on health care on Wednesday.

He proposes an optional government-run health plan that would allow unions and others to keep their private health insurance if they want it.

“There are 14 million union workers in America who have fought hard for strong, employer-provided health benefits,” Buttigieg tweeted. “Medicare for All Who Want It protects their plans and union members' freedom to choose the coverage that's best for them.”

Anthropoid
Sergeant Major
Location: marching home to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzVYCs4BMY]Erica[/url]

#1907 Post by Anthropoid » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:56 pm

“Presidential candidates suggesting forcing millions of hard working people to give up their healthcare creates unnecessary division between workers, and will give us four more years of Trump,” the flyer stated.
Strange language given that, my understanding is that ALL of the so-called Democratic Candidates are calling for radical and massive changes that would force millions of hard working people to give up their healthcare, if not other benefits, rights or privileges. I mean: IS THERE a single Democratic candidate who is NOT advocating some sort of radical transformation of healthcare, debt, welfare, racial dividends, rights to bear arms, to free speech, etc.?

Sounds like if you take that sentence apart what it really boils down to is: "We are a union and traditionally aligned with the Democratic Party, but unfortunately the only palatable option for us is four more years of Trump!" :P

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1908 Post by chijohnaok » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:00 pm

Anthropoid wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:56 pm
Strange language given that, my understanding is that ALL of the so-called Democratic Candidates are calling for radical and massive changes that would force millions of hard working people to give up their healthcare, if not other benefits, rights or privileges. I mean: IS THERE a single Democratic candidate who is NOT advocating some sort of radical transformation of healthcare, debt, welfare, racial dividends, rights to bear arms, to free speech, etc.?

Sounds like if you take that sentence apart what it really boils down to is: "We are a union and traditionally aligned with the Democratic Party, but unfortunately the only palatable option for us is four more years of Trump!" :P
Essentially, 'We, the Culinary Union want to keep our existing health care plan, but we also don't want to see President Trump who seems to be the only candidate that DOESN'T want to end our health care plan re-elected.

Mac
First Sergeant

#1909 Post by Mac » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:04 pm

I keep hearing talk about Super Tuesday, can anyone give me the quick rundown on what that is about?
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1910 Post by jack t ripper » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:13 pm

Mac wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:04 pm
I keep hearing talk about Super Tuesday, can anyone give me the quick rundown on what that is about?

14 states, including California, Massachusetts and Virginia hold their primary on the SAME DAY...March 3. Tremendous number of delegates up for grabs.

Also, California is so huge you can't really saturate with TV ads so you have to be a leading candidate going in or spend spectacular amounts of money
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome