Election 2020

The rules: No spamming, no making a nuisance of yourself.

Moderators: chijohnaok, Kameolontti

Dinosaur
PFC

Re: Election 2020

#1631 Post by Dinosaur » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:12 pm

So reading that "Yang" was the only "person of color" in de muc rat recent debates ... no booquer t. sparticus ... even poco put on her pale face ...

But yang is chinese ... now some western chinese are pretty pigmented ... but yang hails from taiwan ... and those folk are pretty dang light colored ... so what "color" is yang supposed to be !!??

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1632 Post by jack t ripper » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:10 pm

I, of course, agree that counting illegal aliens to apportion House seats is crazy but it won't change without a Constitutional amendment.
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1633 Post by jack t ripper » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:59 pm

Bootyjudge wants reparations for illegal aliens and asylum seekers????

What percentage of the American public does he think approves of such a ludicrous idea? Suppose he wins the nomination and then tries to "pivot" to the center. Does he think everyone will just forget such idiocy?
Strong supporter of global warming as I have invested in speculative vineyard properties around Nome

Mac
First Sergeant

#1634 Post by Mac » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:03 pm

Dinosaur wrote:So reading that "Yang" was the only "person of color" in de muc rat recent debates ... no booquer t. sparticus ... even poco put on her pale face ...

But yang is chinese ... now some western chinese are pretty pigmented ... but yang hails from taiwan ... and those folk are pretty dang light colored ... so what "color" is yang supposed to be !!??
The Yellow Menace.
1576876240074.jpg
1576876240074.jpg (93.03 KiB) Viewed 196 times
I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution
I could be an inmate in a long-term institution
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die
I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

nero
Sergeant Major

#1635 Post by nero » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:00 pm

Mac wrote:
Dinosaur wrote:So reading that "Yang" was the only "person of color" in de muc rat recent debates ... no booquer t. sparticus ... even poco put on her pale face ...

The Yellow Menace.
That is completely unnecessary waste of money when white nationalist maga populism is invented. There are always enough people who don't realize how they are screwed with the dooh nibor tax cuts and everything else. :roll:
A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses. -- Carlo M. Cipolla

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1636 Post by jack t ripper » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:04 pm

I know 100 radiologists that look EXACTLY like Andrew Yang.

That's the sound of men workin' on the...Yang Ga-aa-ang
That's the sound of men workin' on the...Yang Gang

All day long they're singin'
(Hooh aah) (hooh aah)
(Hooh aah) (hooh aah)

That's the sound of men workin' on the...Yang Gang

All day long they work so hard
Till their tax is goin' down
Working for the loafers and the slackers
And wearing, wearing a frown
You hear them moanin' their lives away
Then you hear somebody sa-ay

That's the sound of men workin' on the...Yang Gang....

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1637 Post by chijohnaok » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:44 am

MIKE BLOOMBERG EXPLOITED PRISON LABOR TO MAKE 2020 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN PHONE CALLS

John Washington
December 24 2019, 10:33 a.m.

FORMER NEW YORK CITY mayor and multibillionaire Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg used prison labor to make campaign calls. Through a third-party vendor, the Mike Bloomberg 2020 campaign contracted New Jersey-based call center company ProCom, which runs calls centers in New Jersey and Oklahoma. Two of the call centers in Oklahoma are operated out of state prisons. In at least one of the two prisons, incarcerated people were contracted to make calls on behalf of the Bloomberg campaign.

According to a source, who asked for anonymity for fear of retribution, people incarcerated at the Dr. Eddie Warrior Correctional Center, a minimum-security women’s prison with a capacity of more than 900, were making calls to California on behalf of Bloomberg. The people were required to end their calls by disclosing that the calls were paid for by the Bloomberg campaign. They did not disclose, however, that they were calling from behind bars.

“We didn’t know about this and we never would have allowed it if we had. We don’t believe in this practice and we’ve now ended our relationship with the subcontractor in question.”

The Bloomberg campaign confirmed the arrangement in an emailed statement to The Intercept. “We didn’t know about this and we never would have allowed it if we had,” said Bloomberg spokesperson Julie Wood. “We don’t believe in this practice and we’ve now ended our relationship with the subcontractor in question.”

The campaign said it did not know about the arrangement between ProCom and an undisclosed campaign vendor until The Intercept made its inquiry. The campaign then ended the relationship on Monday and said it has asked vendors to do a better job of vetting subcontractors in the future.

“The use of prison labor is the continued exploitation of people who are locked up, who really have virtually no other opportunities to have employment or make money other than the opportunities given to them by prison officials,” said Alex Friedmann, managing editor of Prison Legal News and an advocate for incarcerated people’s rights.

John Scallan, a ProCom co-founder, said his company pays the Oklahoma minimum wage of $7.25 an hour to the Oklahoma Department of Corrections, which then pays the incarcerated people working in the call centers. The Department of Corrections website lists the maximum monthly wage for the incarcerated at $20 dollars a month, but another policy document says there is a maximum pay of $27.09 per month.

When asked if their total monthly earnings are capped at these levels, Scallan said incarcerated people who work for ProCom make far higher wages. “I can tell you unequivocally that is not us,” Scallan said. “Some of them are making that much every day.”

The Oklahoma Department of Corrections did not respond to multiple requests for comment to clarify the discrepancy, nor to answer questions about ProCom’s arrangement with the Bloomberg campaign.

Coming into the race late, Bloomberg has plowed millions of dollars into his long-shot bid to take the White House. According to Forbes, the former New York mayor is worth $54 billion, making most of his money from the financial information and media company that bears his name. After entering the crowded race in November, Bloomberg’s campaign has already hired more than 200 staffers in 21 states and spent over $76 million in television advertisements. Newsweek estimated that Bloomberg could spend billions on his campaign.

Prison labor has been used in a federal election on at least one other occasion. In 1994, the late Republican congressperson from Washington state, Jack Metcalf, used prison labor to make campaign calls and was subsequently elected to Congress, where he served three terms.

Initially, Stephen McQuaid, a director of business development at ProCom, told The Intercept that the company had no current contracts with the Bloomberg campaign. When pressed on whether the company did any past work for Bloomberg, McQuaid gave a long-winded response: “To my knowledge we are not, and nor have I ever heard that we were making any dials for the Bloomberg campaign or on behalf of them through someone else, nor have I heard that we [are] currently making them, but I am not in a position to know every campaign that is going.”

Friedmann said that whether or not the Bloomberg campaign knew about the arrangement with ProCom, it was responsible. “It’s entirely possible they didn’t know,” Friedmann told me, “but that’s like saying department stores making clothes in southeast Asia don’t know that 5-year-olds are stitching together their soccer balls. Well, shouldn’t you know? Shouldn’t you have some idea of your supply stream, or what your downside supply stream is doing?”
https://theintercept.com/2019/12/24/mik ... son-labor/

Anyone want to guess how this will go over with the virtue signalers in the Donk Party?
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.
- misattributed to Alexis De Tocqueville

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1638 Post by chijohnaok » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:57 pm

Former NFL player Jack Brewer, who is black, will be among the many African-Americans to cast their vote for President Trump in November. He predicts that the President will receive over 20% of the black vote which may well hand him a victory.

Although 20% may sound almost too good to be true, two polls conducted last month by Emerson and Rasmussen showed Trump’s support among blacks at 34%. In 2016, he earned just 8% of the black vote. According to the Roper Center for Public Opinion Research, “Republican presidential candidates since 1976 have averaged 10% support from black voters, ranging from a low of 4% for John McCain in 2008 when he ran against Mr. Obama to 17% for Gerald Ford in 1976.”

Brewer, a lifelong Democrat, told the Washington Times, “There is an awakening going on right now in the country. I’m going to take the guy who’s actually putting in the policies that are going to make life better for my young black son and my young black daughter, versus somebody who gives me lip service — like, unfortunately, the Democrats have done for our community for years.”
Continued at https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaug ... ck-voters/
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

chijohnaok
Sergeant Major

#1639 Post by chijohnaok » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:50 am

Pro-Democrat/anti-Trump PAC Is running an ad about a 2016 Trump voter who now regrets having voted for Trump.

The only thing wrong with this is that person who appears in the ad did not vote for Trump in 2016, in fact, he didn’t even vote in the 2016 elections.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/12/s ... s-out.html

Supposed Pa. Trump voter with buyer’s remorse didn’t vote for him, it turns out

Updated Dec 27, 6:36 AM;Posted Dec 27, 6:35 AM

By David Wenner | dwenner@pennlive.com

An Erie County man who describes regret over voting for President Donald Trump in 2016 didn’t vote for him, according to news organizations that checked his voting record.

Mark Graham is featured in videos created by America Bridge, a Democrat-supporting political action committee, or PAC.
The ads are part of a $5 million advertising campaign being waged by American Bridge in the key swing states of Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.

Graham says in an ad, “I voted for Donald Trump in 2016 because I thought he would make a change.”

Asked whether change has occurred, Graham replies “Not for the good.” Graham later states Trump “plays favorites for people like himself ... He doesn’t understand life around here.”

The ad began running in the Erie area in November. Earlier this month, Erie-area news organization JET 24 checked county voting records and discovered Graham didn’t vote in 2016.

In a subsequent interview, Graham told Erie News Now he’s a registered Republican who participated in a focus group involving Republicans who supported Democrat Ron DiNicola in his unsuccessful 2018 run for U.S. Congress.

Graham told the focus group re-electing Trump would be like “throwing gasoline on a fire.”

That led to The New York Times featuring Graham in two stories about dissatisfied Trump voters and swing voters, and apparently to him being contacted by American Bridge.

The New York Times has attached corrections to both stories stating it confirmed Graham did not vote in the election. Graham has said his statements in the ad reflect his true feelings about Trump.

The Republican Party of Pennsylvania has called for American Bridge to take down the ad and apologize.

“The ad is false, its premise is false and it’s messenger has been discredited,” state GOP Chairman Lawrence Tabas said in a news release. “The organization could easily have determined that Graham had not voted in 2016 by checking the publicly available records at the Erie County elections office.”

As of Thursday morning the ad remained on the American Bridge website, apparently in original form.

American Bridge didn’t immediately respond to a telephone message left Thursday morning seeking comment.
False advertising!

jack t ripper
Sergeant Major

#1640 Post by jack t ripper » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:26 pm

"American Bridge" my ass. More like "Hungarian Bridge". I predict they get half their funding from Soros. A $5M campaign and they can't find ONE GUY who changed his mind. :-)