maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 161  Next
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18937
AngryOldMan wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:
WAT!? "Oprah Winfrey" is one of the Democratic candidates!?

She has VERY strong ties to Harvie Weinstien including allegations of helping entrap some of his victims.

And she's on record as saying, "Old white men just have to die." In order to 'cure' racism.

It's a big step in terms of public scrutiny from hosting shows on midgets who want to bang their mailman to POTUS. I wonder how she'd hold up?

True, she's pretty damned incompetent!

But lets keep in mind the ACTUAL Democratic candidates at this point! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:09 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Beto: Let's Face It, It's 'Really Hard' Not To Consider All Trump Voters Racists

A man who is polling at 1% right now seems intent on alienating potential voters for him (or the eventual Democratic nominee).

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:51 pm 
Sergeant Major

Beto the fake Mexican needs to go back to writing poetry

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:24 am 
Sergeant Major

Bads news for Dems. Only Bernie gets more under $200 donors than Trump.

Quote:
The Republican Party has long been panned by its detractors as the party of big money and big donors -- but donation patterns have changed measurably under President Trump, a Fox News analysis of campaign finance data shows.

Sixty-one percent of money raised directly by the Trump campaign this election cycle came from small donors (donations under $200), according to Federal Election Commission figures.

2020 PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE TRACKER

That is similar to the proportion Trump raised during the 2016 election cycle, when 65 percent of donations were under $200. And this is dramatically higher than previous Republican nominees. Mitt Romney raised 26 percent of his direct contributions from small donations in 2012, and John McCain raised 25 percent from small donations in 2008.

Campaign finance analysts say the data indicates grassroots enthusiasm for Trump's populist message.

"Democrats have traditionally been the party that has benefited the most from cultivating a small donor base," Alex Baumgart, individual contributions researcher at the Center for Responsive Politics, which runs the donation database OpenSecrets.com, told Fox News.

Democrats slam President Trump, call him racistVideo
"It's pretty clear from the numbers that Trump has done a lot to change that dynamic -- the populist edge he's brought to campaigning is clearly something that is resonating with small donors on the right."

Conservative activists say Trump has changed the party.

"The Republican Party today is a vastly different party than it was five years ago," said Michael Johns, a co-founder of the national Tea Party movement and a former White House speechwriter to President George H.W. Bush.

Johns said Trump's focus on trade and other policies reflects that shift.

'The populist edge he's brought to campaigning is clearly something that is resonating with small donors on the right.'

— Alex Baumgart, Center for Responsive Politics
"The American people are demanding a secure border, demanding an end to the exploitative and unfair trade policies... and demanding an end to an unresponsive swamp culture," Johns said, asserting that first the Tea Party, and then Trump, expanded the base to "today's blue-collar and working Americans."

NEW YORKERS MOCK DE BLASIO IN IOWA

Political scientists say that income data indicates a shift toward middle-income supporters, as well.

"Historically, there has been a very strong, positive correlation with income and Republican voting over the past several decades, but that went away in 2016," Anthony Fowler, a professor of public policy at the University of Chicago who studies campaign finance, told Fox News.

Democratic presidential candidates also improved their grassroots fundraising compared with previous cycles. Among the 20 Democrats who made the debate stage this year, 51 percent of individual contributions were from small donors. That's up from 26 percent for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and 43 percent for then-President Barack Obama in 2012.

Those figures vary significantly from candidate to candidate, however, with Sen. Cory Booker getting just 21 percent from small donors, former Vice President Joe Biden getting 38 percent and Sen. Kamala Harris getting 41 percent. South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg has 49 percent from small donors, with Rep. Tulsi Gabbard at 61 percent, tech entrepreneur Andrew Yang and Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 67 percent, and Sen. Bernie Sanders at 77 percent (the most).

The downfall of 2020 Democrats' student debt forgivenessVideo
In last place is New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, who got 9 percent of his individual contributions from small donors.

Fowler said studies show getting money from big donors is not necessarily bad.

"If there are any concerns that politicians behave differently because they're getting donations from rich people, corporate interests, etc., we haven't found much evidence in support of those concerns," he said.

The above numbers tell the story of donations made directly to the campaigns, but some contributions are more complicated -- like money raised through "political action committees," or PACs. President Trump, for instance, works with two PACs -- the "Trump Make America Great Again Committee" and "Trump Victory." Money raised through those groups is then split between the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee, which promotes Trump independently.

The Trump PACs get 47 percent of their contributions from small donations.

With Trump PACs included, small donations given for Trump total $115,697,683 for the 2020 election cycle, and large donations total $117,457,166.

"While Trump has collected lots of small checks, he's also still pulling in the major checks and big contributions," Baumgart said.

"What really sets Trump apart from other Republicans in the past is the fundraising machine that he has created," he added. "He's a natural campaigner who has been actively running for reelection since his inauguration. Consequently, the campaign has been able to capitalize on this by fundraising off the back of the numerous political battles that have taken place since then."

Trump's unprecedented decision to fundraise ever since the last election makes it less likely he'll be outspent as the election goes forward; in 2016, Trump was outspent nearly 2-to-1.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Since the time that Democratic candidates started fundraising in 2019, all Democrats combined have pulled in more donations than Trump ($209 million compared with $106 million that Trump secured in 2019).

But because of his early start, $233 million has gone to Trump and his PACs for 2020, more than all Democratic rivals combined.

Michael Johns says he hopes the shift in where donations are coming from signals the Republican Party is becoming "the party of working people."

"We need to call greater attention to how liberal Democrats have mismanaged our largest cities and let down urban voters. ... We do this well and we can start to see a complete revolutionary shift, including solidifying the Republican Party as the party of working people."

Maxim Lott is Executive Producer of Stossel TV and creator of ElectionBettingOdds.com. He can be reached on Twitter at @MaximLott

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Court packing? THAT'S the best they got? And they THREATEN SCOTUS to shape up or...else.

What happens when Trump wins in 2020? I predict we wont hear very much about this. Not sure I understand how the overtly political act of packing the court makes the court "less political"????

Quote:
Several high-profile Senate Democrats warned the Supreme Court in pointed terms this week that it could face a fundamental restructuring if justices do not take steps to "heal" the court in the near future.

The ominous and unusual warning was delivered as part of a brief filed Monday in a case related to a New York City gun law. Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, Richard Durbin, D-Ill., and Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., referenced rulings by the court's conservative majority in claiming it is suffering from some sort of affliction which must be remedied.

BIDEN CALLED COURT PACKING A 'BONEHEAD IDEA' DURING A 1983 HEARING

"The Supreme Court is not well. And the people know it," the brief said. "Perhaps the Court can heal itself before the public demands it be 'restructured in order to reduce the influence of politics.'"

The last part was quoting language from a Quinnipiac University poll, in which 51 percent favored such restructuring. In the same poll, 55 percent believed the Supreme Court was "motivated by politics" more than by the law.

Gillibrand: The Democratic nominee needs to inspire women, have their backVideo
Dramatic changes to the Supreme Court have been proposed by several Democrats vying for their party's 2020 presidential nomination, with "court-packing" being a common -- though highly controversial -- suggestion. Increasing the number of justices on the court would allow the president to shift the balance on the bench by loading up justices of his or her preference.

Democratic candidates, including former Rep. Beto O’Rourke of Texas, and Sens. Cory Booker of New Jersey, Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, Kamala Harris of California, and Gillibrand, all have signaled an openness to expanding the number of judges on the court should they reach the White House.

SUPREME COURT PAVES WAY FOR TRUMP ADMINISTRATION TO USE MILITARY FUNDS FOR BORDER WALL

South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg has also supported expanding the court, proposing a plan to have some justices appointed by the president and others selected by the other justices in order to "depoliticize" the court. He's admitted that the only way he can think of to make this work would be to increase the size of the court from nine justices to 15, while stressing that simply "adding more justices onto the court who agree with you" would be a bad idea.

Yet other candidates such as former Vice President Joe Biden have come out against court-packing, as has Bernie Sanders, though the Vermont senator has suggested rotating judges to other courts.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Liberal Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has also spoken out against court-packing, telling NPR in July, "Nine seems to be a good number."

Senate Democrats to propose amendment to effectively overturn Supreme Court Citizens United decisionVideo
The Democratic senators' brief was filed in the case of New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, Inc. v. City of New York, which dealt with legal limitations on where gun owners could transport their licensed, locked, and unloaded firearms. They are urging the court to stay out of the case brought by the NRA-backed group, claiming that because the city recently changed the law to ease restrictions, the push to the Supreme Court is part of an "industrial-strength influence campaign" to get the conservative majority to rule in favor of gun owners.

If the court still decides to hear the case, a ruling against New York City could prevent other cities and states from passing similar gun control laws.

Conservatives currently outnumber liberals on the Supreme Court 5-4, but the past year featured a multitude of cases where conservatives -- including President Trump's picks Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh -- sided with the liberal bloc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:16 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 19776
Democrats trying to overturn the checks & balances in US gov't?

Why am I not surprised at all. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18937
Fucking scum bags . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 682
Anthropoid wrote:
Fucking scum bags . . .

Oops, did post anything here? :shock:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:56 pm 
Sergeant Major

Surely this court-packing idea is SOOOOO stupid nobody ever thought of it before....oops

I give you the harmlessly entitled "Judicial Procedures Reform Bill of 1937" :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_ ... ll_of_1937

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:36 am 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 12564
FDR couldn't get it done. What makes these Dems think they can? Don't see an FDR in the bunch.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 161  Next