maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 161  Next
 Post subject: Re: Election 2020
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:52 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Bernie wakes up on the right side of the bed and goes after WaPo :lol:

Quote:
WASHINGTON – Marty Baron, the executive editor of the Washington Post, said Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., had bought into a "conspiracy theory" after the senator, a Democratic presidential candidate, accused The Post of anti-Sanders bias.

“Sen. Sanders is a member of a large club of politicians – of every ideology – who complain about their coverage,” Baron told The Post in a statement. “Contrary to the conspiracy theory the senator seems to favor, Jeff Bezos allows our newsroom to operate with full independence, as our reporters and editors can attest.”

At a Monday town hall in Wolfeboro, N.H., Sanders suggested that some critical coverage of his campaign was linked to his own criticism of Amazon, noting that Amazon paid little corporate tax last year.

More: Bernie Sanders' unique plan to legalize marijuana

"Anybody here know how much Amazon paid in taxes last year?"

"Nothing," shouted back the audience.

"I talk about that all of the time, and then I wonder why The Washington Post, which is owned by Jeff Bezos, who owns Amazon, doesn't write particularly good articles about me. I don't know why, but I guess maybe there's a connection," said Sanders, to laughter from the audience.

Jeff Bezos, the CEO and founder of Amazon, also owns The Washington Post, though the paper stresses its editorial independence and separate management.

Sanders has been openly critical of Amazon for its labor and business practices. The company raised its minimum wage to $15 an hour in October 2018 after a backlash from Sanders and other progressive politicians. Sanders has also called for the company to pay more in taxes after reports alleged the company paid no federal income taxes in 2018.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:56 am 
Sergeant Major

I don't buy for a second that Jeff Bezos has no influence at WaPo. I am willing to admit that he perhaps does not call them up over specific stories but they ALL know who they work for.

Now, the notion that WaPo has some bias against Bernie is a laugh. I think Bernie is realizing he does not have the magic in 2020

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:51 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18937
jack t ripper wrote:
Surely this court-packing idea is SOOOOO stupid nobody ever thought of it before....oops

I give you the harmlessly entitled "Judicial Procedures Reform Bill of 1937" :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_ ... ll_of_1937

That is NOT how democracy works. Never knew that about FDR, but it makes sense.

Not so heroic after all I guess . . . :(

Re: Bezos-> found out from my wife yesterday that he has been striving mightily to fuck over his ex-wife in divorce proceedings. She ain't no gold-digger who jumped on board recently either; apparently this was his spouse from the beginning, before he became Godlike rich, and she had helped all along to get his business going and turn it into an Empire . . . Another "not such a bad guy, maybe?" relegated to "Fucking Scum Bag who deserves nothing but to choke on their own bile . . ."

Plus their goddamned delivery is about as reliable weather forecasting . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:53 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4893
jack t ripper wrote:
I don't buy for a second that Jeff Bezos has no influence at WaPo. I am willing to admit that he perhaps does not call them up over specific stories but they ALL know who they work for.

Now, the notion that WaPo has some bias against Bernie is a laugh. I think Bernie is realizing he does not have the magic in 2020

I think it's safe to say you won't see a lot of articles in WaPo about how Amazon pays no taxes or how they are destroying brick and mortar stores. But other than that, I doubt he has time to tell them what to print. Too busy counting his money.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:28 pm 
Sergeant Major

AngryOldMan wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:

I think it's safe to say you won't see a lot of articles in WaPo about how Amazon pays no taxes or how they are destroying brick and mortar stores. But other than that, I doubt he has time to tell them what to print. Too busy counting his money.

80 million shares x $60 a share....$4.8 billion. :lol: He lost $153 Million today. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

:lol:

The actual Joe Rogan interview of Bernie Sanders:

I have NOT watched it, yet.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17177
hicken-louper dropped out ... one down ... 173 to go !!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:38 pm 
Sergeant Major

Bernie is one of those guys that likes to tilt his head down when he talks. I never know if he is going to keel over. He also seems always to be mere seconds away from drooling.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:43 pm 
Sergeant Major

jwilkerson wrote:
hicken-louper dropped out ... one down ... 173 to go !!

the fat black chick from Georgia that really won her election except that cracka' cheated her out of it..that chick...is not running but she "would be honored to accept the VP nomination". That is some serious hutzpah.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

Oh..wait...was I supposed to say that?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 161  Next