maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who The Hell Isn't Giving Maisie Williams Roles?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:27 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 20000
Pround feminist Maisie Williams (Arya Stark from Game of Thrones) is a bit miffed that she isn't getting offered more sexy roles...

Quote:
Maisie Williams' Game of Thrones character Arya Stark has battled the most insidious of villains on the HBO series. However, there's a foe that Williams herself as to contend with often as a young actress: sexism within the entertainment industry.

According to Williams' recent interview with InStyle, the actress is not always offered parts because, she claimed, of how she looks. She told the outlet:

"It's only now I’m starting to realize the characters that are available to me because of the way I look and the characters that aren’t available to me."

The actress, who is slated to star in 2019's X-Men film The New Mutants, added:

"It’s a very shallow industry. And I don’t look like someone who is cast in roles that are, well, sexualized."

Clearly, they're missing out. If you've ever heard Williams utter a bone-chilling phrase on Game of Thrones ("Tell them the North remembers" will forever haunt my dreams), then one knows there's pretty much no acting challenge that Williams can't rise to.

Though Williams did not specify what she meant by how she looks, it is clear that there are ridiculous beauty standards for women in Hollywood. Many women in the entertainment industry are told that they must be physically desirable first, and a talented actress second. There's no doubt that the pressure to remain attractive by Hollywood standards is immense, and that it's equally challenging for stars who feel their roles are limited due to how they look.

Williams, a proud feminist, told InStyle that she hopes Hollywood embraces a diversity on beauty in the future:
"Don't get me wrong, I love looking at those totally jaw-droppingly beautiful women," she revealed to the outlet. "But I think it’s sad that you only get to see one type of beautiful on screen."

Obviously, beauty is subjective, and there's no "right" or "wrong" way to be attractive. However, Williams is right that Hollywood tends to favor certain types of stars (often thin, white, young women) over others. As the industry pushes for more diversity, let's not forget that all kinds of women should be included in the picture, too.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2018/0 ... e-of-looks

Attachment:
1547584541253.jpg
1547584541253.jpg [ 165.02 KiB | Viewed 10 times ]

Copypasta from 4chan...

Quote:
>be on vacation in bongland
>see Arya Stark gliding down the sidewalk
>like a graceful penguin with gout
>follow her for a block
>working up courage
>gently touch her shoulder
“H-hello, I’m Anon. Y-you’re the prettiest girl I’ve seen all day! W-would you join me for dinner?”
>she spins around nearly smashing me in the balls with an Abercrombie bag
>stares intently for a few moments
>then breaks into a grin that looks like she could eat an apple through a chain link fence
“YEH ORLRITE! FAK IT, WHY NOT? I CUD DO WIV SOME FREE GRUB ANNA LITTLE OF THE OL IN OUT!”
>quickly grab her hand and go into the first restaurant I see that has tablecloths
“FAKKIN ELL! POSH ERE INNIT? GLAD I GOT MY TURDCUTTER WAXED!
>she lets out a little giggle that sounds like a horse with it’s leg caught in a wood chipper
>head waiter gives me the stinkeye but leads us to a table
>Arya cocks her head and squints at the menu
“ERE NOW, WATS THIS SHITE? IT’S ORL IN FAKKIN FRENCH! OI CARNT READ THIS, I’LL END UP GETTIN A PLATE OF FAKKIN SNAILS WUNNOI?!?”
>look at the menu. It’s in English, just a fancy script
>she shoves her menu at the waiter
“I WONT BANGERS AND MASH DUNNOI. PLENTY OF LIKKER ON THA MASH, GUV!”
“I’m sorry, madam, we don-“
“I SED FAKKIN BANGERS AND MASH M8! AND A PINTA LARGER FOR ME EDACHE!”
>he slinks away without even taking my order
>Arya pulls a pack of Mayfairs from her cleavage and sparks up, ashing in the bread basket
>starts rubbing at her crotch
>brings her fingers up and licks them then cackles
“JOLLY FAKKIN ELL, IT’S ME TIME! OI LUV GITTIN SHAGGED ONNA RAG! GUNNA AVE US A RED WEDDIN INNA LOO, AIN’T WE?”
>look over my shoulder and franticly signal the waiter for the check
>turn around
>Arya is slumped over the table
>raped to death by Pakis

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Who The Hell Isn't Giving Maisie Williams Roles?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:30 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15927
She's too young for me but she's attractive enough for any 20 something I should think.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits