maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 96  Next
 Post subject: Re: What is trumpf up to ?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:06 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13177
So an african attacked an american ?? Or was he a "spanish-american" ??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:14 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
jwilkerson wrote:
So an african attacked an american ?? Or was he a "spanish-american" ??

Well, with a name like "Laquisha" I don't think that I would be going out on a limb saying that I doubt that she is a native born African (i.e. born in Nigeria, South Africa or any other country actually located on the continent of Africa).

I bet that according the the MSM, he is a "Mexican" and she is no doubt a right wing Trump supporter.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

I don't believe that beast was convicted of "prostitution" :shock:

How fucking desperate would you have to be?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:51 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17032
chijohnaok wrote:
Oh my....all that rhetoric from Trump finally galvanized some redneck to attack a Mexican. And an elderly 91 yr old one at that.

One of these things is not like the others...

Attachment:
1531343086108.png
1531343086108.png [ 1.46 MiB | Viewed 25 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:13 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 2702
jwilkerson wrote:
Do yourOhs really want USA to station troops in their countries and defend them? That is not even natural. It is natural for people to defend their own homes and look askance at foreigners who would propose to defend their homes for them.

The German perspective. Plenty more in the interview:
Quote:
Quote:
Die 30.000 amerikanischen Soldaten, die übrig geblieben sind nach dem Rückzug der amerikanischen Armee aus Deutschland - wir hatten ja früher über 300.000 -, diese 30.000 dienen doch nicht mehr, sagen wir es mal ehrlich, dem Schutz Deutschlands. Die sind dazu da, amerikanische Missionen in Afrika, im Nahen Osten, die amerikanischen Verwundeten aus anderen Konfliktregionen in dem großen Krankenhaus in Ramstein, in Landstuhl in der Pfalz zu verpflegen, Manöverplätze wie Grafenwöhr zu unterhalten und so weiter.

"The 30,000 American soldiers, those that are left after the withdrawal of US forces from Germany - we had 300.000 in earlier times - the 30.000 are not here, let´s be honest about this, for the protection of Germany. They are here to support US missions in Africa, in the Middle East, for the US wounded in the large military hospital in Ramstein, at Landstuhl in Palatia, for maintaining training grounds like at Grafenwöhr and so forth.

Quote:
Auf der anderen Seite darf uns diese Debatte nicht davon abhalten zu erkennen, dass die Bundeswehr seit längerem unterfinanziert ist. Und jetzt mal vollkommen unabhängig von dieser Diskussion heute und morgen in Brüssel: Die jetzt vorgesehenen Mittel aus dem Bundeshaushalt für die kommenden Jahre, die reichen nicht, um eine Finanzierungslücke zu decken, die man in der Größenordnung zweistelliger Milliarden-Beträge ansetzen muss. Wenn die Bundeswehr, wenn die Bundesrepublik Deutschland die Projekte, die sie auch mit Partnern vorhat im Bereich des Militärischen, verwirklichen will, dann braucht sie nicht vier oder fünf, sondern zwölf oder fünfzehn mehr Milliarden in den kommenden Jahren.

On the other hand this debate must not keep us from realizing that the Bundeswehr has been
undefinanced for a long time. Now this is completely aside from this discussion today and the one in Brussels tomorrow: The spending allocated in the fedral budget for the coming years, it´s not enough to close the financial gap, which has to be calculated at the magnitude of double-digit billions. If the Bundeswehr, if the Federal Republic of Germany wants to realize military projects with its partners, then not 4 or 5 but an additional 12 or 15 billions are required annually in future years

https://www.deutschlandfunk.de/ischinge ... _id=422604

My translation, heard the interview earlier today on Deutschlandfunk radio.
Wolfgang Ischinger is a foreign office veteran, former ambassador to the US (2001-06) and well into think-tank territory by now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Ischinger

Last edited by Scharfschütze on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:19 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13177
haha ... "WHITE WOMAN" is not boldified in the third example !!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:24 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4670
From Sharf's link:

Quote:
Wenn Amerika entscheiden möchte, hier Einheiten aus Deutschland wegzuverlegen, dann würde ich sagen: "Bitte schön! Dann findet mal für eure Soldaten einen komfortableren, angenehmeren und sichereren Platz als bei uns." Für Deutschland wäre das sicherheitspolitisch sicherlich nicht schädlich.

Maybe a redeployment to Britain?

Assuming the US also wants to end, or reduce efforts in Africa and the Middle East...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Scharfschütze wrote:

My translation, heard the interview earlier today on Deutschlandfunk radio.
Wolfgang Ischinger is a foreign office veteran, former ambassador to the US (2001-06) and well into think-tank territory by now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Ischinger

Quote:
"The 30,000 American soldiers, those that are left after the withdrawal of US forces from Germany - we had 300.000 in earlier times - the 30.000 are not here, let´s be honest about this, for the protection of Germany. They are here to support US missions in Africa, in the Middle East, for the US wounded in the large military hospital in Ramstein, at Landstuhl in Palatia, for maintaining training grounds like at Grafenwöhr and so forth.

Yes, that is largely accurate.
They are still there though, stationed in Germany. And they still serve in a role as a "tripwire" for any attack on Germany.

Germany (I think probably more than any other NATO partner) is be best example (I don't mean this positively) of NATO parterners that are not pulling their "weight".

Germany has the largest economy in Europe.
Germany has been spending less than 1.6% of GDP since roughly 1994, and less than 1.4% of GDP since roughly 2003:
https://tradingeconomics.com/germany/mi ... -data.html

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:58 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 4670
jack t ripper wrote:
Never heard of Nord Stream II.

Really? Never...? :?:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

wulfir wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:
Never heard of Nord Stream II.

Really? Never...? :?:

I can say that I had never heard of that term either.
I was aware that Germany was working on one or more pipelines to bring natural gas from Russia to Germany...but again, I don't recall hearing the name "Nord Stream II" associated with that project.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 96  Next