maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1006 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: What is trumpf up to ?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 845
mdiehl wrote:
The US does not subsidize Boeing. It does award contracts to Boeing, but there is no evidence that there is anything protectionist in the deal. The WTO has already ruled both against the EU in re Airbus and against the EU in cases in re Boeing. http://thehill.com/policy/finance/387798-boeing-trade-case-sets-up-us-to-impose-tariffs-on-eu

In re a2a tankers, Boeing's per plane price was >1% lower than Airbus. EADS knew the rules. Price point difference greater than 1% decides the contract. Less than 1% meant a suite of secondary considerations would be reviewed. EADS was counting on the US contract to amortize ramp-up manufacturing for larger a.c., so EADS submitted a bid for a tanker that was larger than requested, with a commensurately inflated price.

There billions of ways to subsidize though astronomical Pentagon budget. ;)

And how about the other things I mentioned? :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:08 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
mdiehl wrote:
The US does not subsidize Boeing. It does award contracts to Boeing, but there is no evidence that there is anything protectionist in the deal. The WTO has already ruled both against the EU in re Airbus and against the EU in cases in re Boeing. http://thehill.com/policy/finance/387798-boeing-trade-case-sets-up-us-to-impose-tariffs-on-eu

In re a2a tankers, Boeing's per plane price was >1% lower than Airbus. EADS knew the rules. Price point difference greater than 1% decides the contract. Less than 1% meant a suite of secondary considerations would be reviewed. EADS was counting on the US contract to amortize ramp-up manufacturing for larger a.c., so EADS submitted a bid for a tanker that was larger than requested, with a commensurately inflated price.

There billions of ways to subsidize though astronomical Pentagon budget. ;)

And how about the other things I mentioned? :roll:

The alleged "subsidization" of Boeing is complete bullshit unless it is your position that the US taxpayer subsidized the salvation of Europe by buying thousands of B-17's and sending tens of thousands of US crews to fly, and sometimes die in that effort. You are full of crap.

The entire GMO thing is protectionist bullshit against Monsanto and US farmers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:17 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
The alleged "subsidization" of Boeing is complete bullshit unless it is your position that the US taxpayer subsidized the salvation of Europe by buying thousands of B-17's and sending tens of thousands of US crews to fly, and sometimes die in that effort. You are full of crap.

And you are silly. :lol:

jack t ripper wrote:
The entire GMO thing is protectionist bullshit against Monsanto and US farmers.

If European public want to know what they are eating, it is a good thing. Is it organic, or GMO, have labels such.

Many Americans would like similar thing. Everything can be on market, with clear markings what the stuff is, and buyers decide. What is wrong with that?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:25 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
What is the rationale starting tariff war against the allies: Canada, EU, Japan and South Korea? If China is the target. As for China why give ZTE a free pass, or is it about Trump Org. Indonesia Hotel finances. :roll:

Just curious.

I suspect the ZTE exemption was about Chinese cooperation over the PRK.

Remind us who in the EU is an "ally"?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

jack t ripper wrote:
nero wrote:
What is the rationale starting tariff war against the allies: Canada, EU, Japan and South Korea? If China is the target. As for China why give ZTE a free pass, or is it about Trump Org. Indonesia Hotel finances. :roll:

Just curious.

I suspect the ZTE exemption was about Chinese cooperation over the PRK.

Remind us who in the EU is an "ally"?

What is PRK? I think that the answer is much more simple and obvious: Trump helps sanctioned Chinese phone maker after China delivers a big loan to a Trump project. ;)

Who is in NATO in Europe and not in the EU? Can you name the countries. Starting from A... ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:07 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15802
Quote:
There billions of ways to subsidize though astronomical Pentagon budget.

You seem to assume that all spending is a subsidy. That'd be irrational.

Quote:
And how about the other things I mentioned?

You mentioned Boeing. You were wrong. You did not specifically mention anything else. You will have to be specific.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:12 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Lava wrote:
abradley wrote:
Spengler
Tariffs Are Not the Way to Beat China
By David P. Goldman June 22, 2018
chat 137 comments
A visitor is seen at the stand of Huawei during the SNEC 2018 PV Power Expo in Shanghai, China, 30 May 2018. (Imaginechina via AP Images)

America is stumbling into a trade war with China that just might undo most of the good that the Trump administration has done for other parts of our economic policy. Yes, China is a huge threat to the United States. I've been shouting this from the rooftops for the past five years, while the neo-conservative conventional wisdom held that China would collapse of its own weight. Yes, China is determined to overtake us in critical technologies. And yes, China plays dirty.

As it stands the Trump administration's China policy will lose us the war, and I hate it when that happens. With apologies to J.M. Barrie, the administration has drifted into Navarro-Navarro Land. If we want to stay ahead of China we have to revive American innovation.

The Russians did us a favor in 1957 when they put the Sputnik satellite into space. They like dramatic displays, and that got our undivided attention. The Eisenhower administration and later the Kennedy administration responded with a dramatically upgraded space program, massive funding for scientific education, and generous support for federal R&D. America created the digital revolution in technology and ultimately won the Cold War.

(Continued)
https://pjmedia.com/spengler/thats-not- ... eat-china/

Totally disagree.

We are not "stumbling" into a trade war. We have been in a trade war and are losing. In fact we have been losing so badly that in most of the 1st World, huge swaths of industry has been destroyed and with it all those middle class jobs that used to work there. It is just not our economy that is at stake here, it is liberty and freedom, as the more middle class folks we lose and the more folks fall into low paying shit jobs, the more likely our democratically based governments will eventually be overthrown and replaced with authoritarian governments both left and right. It is an existential threat.

So this is not an "economic" problem per se, as at it's core it is really an assault on our way of life.

For the life of me, I can't understand how "smart" folks think so one dimensionally. I guess they believe they are providing some sort of astonishing analysis, but in fact it is total crap. The fact that this guy can't see the direct correlation between Chinese destructive trade and it's direct link to a decline into the social well being or our society places this dude below the level of my waiters who to the man does not have a high school degree but understand exactly what the fuck is going on.

The guy probably needs to get out and talk to some workers at Amazon and he'll learn more in a day than he ever will in his ivory tower.

Damn straight!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 15802
Quote:
f European public want to know what they are eating, it is a good thing. Is it organic, or GMO, have labels such.

Many EU nations ban GMOs. It's not just a labeling requirement. The purpose of the ban is to protect French and other western European seed stock vendors from competition from American seed stock designer/vendors.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:23 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
mdiehl wrote:
Quote:
f European public want to know what they are eating, it is a good thing. Is it organic, or GMO, have labels such.

Many EU nations ban GMOs. It's not just a labeling requirement. The purpose of the ban is to protect French and other western European seed stock vendors from competition from American seed stock designer/vendors.

Good enough for the goose, good enough for the gander. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:26 pm 
Sergeant Major

mdiehl wrote:
Quote:

Growing GMO products is in scrutiny, in the light what is happening in the US. That the farmers can save some of the harvest as seed for the next year sounds unnatural.

But perhaps this problem will go away with Bayer-Monsanto merger.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1006 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 101  Next