maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 169  Next
 Post subject: Re: What is trumpf up to ?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:33 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 682
Lava wrote:
At it's height the inflation rate was 14.9% in 1980. We had double digit inflation in 1974, 1975, 1979, 1980 and 1981.

So let's say the US owes 100 bucks. That drops to 90 bucks in one year, 81, the second, 74 the third, 67 the fourth and 60 in the fifth. That is given inflation at 10%. So in 5 years Uncle Sam can reduce its debt by 40% in 5 years.

Now, what if that was around 12% (like it was in the 70's and 80's)? That 100 dollar debt drops to 88 in the first year, 78 in the second, 68 in the third, 60 in the fourth and 53 in the fifth.

Thus, with inflation at 12% for 5 years, you can cut the deficit by 50%. Meanwhile, incomes also raise at more or less the same rate. That means lots more taxes... without having to raise taxes.

Hell, in 5 years of 12% inflation, you can more or less wipe out the national debt. That is why it is the "go to method of dealing with national debt." No one has to vote for it, no one can be blamed. It's perfect! And that is why it will happen again.

BTW, that also works the same for any "savings" you have in the bank. In 5 years the value of your savings will be cut in half and at the same time, prices will soar. Your nest egg for retirement goes up in smoke in 5 years and you will be lucky if you are not living in the street.

As for the effects on the poor and elderly, folks don't really give a damn about them as long as they get their cost of living increases. And given the increasing amount of "me" in our culture, I doubt that sentiment will change.

This works only when the dollar is the international account currency. A rumour says that Saddam Hussein had suggested replacing the $ as the oik currency with €.

A casus belli, a clarion call for the O.I.L. :roll:

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens. -- Friedrich Schiller

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:48 am 
Sergeant Major

The Mississippi ice raids has caused unnecessary suffering and confusion. Clear fingerprints of the LSDT Übertrumpführer Stephen Müller all over. :twisted:

And why never do anything to businesses hiring the undocumented? :roll:

Just curious.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:26 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
nero wrote:
The Mississippi ice raids has caused unnecessary suffering and confusion. Clear fingerprints of the LSDT Übertrumpführer Stephen Müller all over. :twisted:

Just curious.

Employer Hit by $96 Million Penalty for Hiring Illegal Aliens

A $96 million penalty on a company may not be a big deal in Finland, but it is in the US. ;)

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:29 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18812
chijohnaok wrote:
nero wrote:

Just curious.

A $96 million penalty on a company may not be a big deal in Finland, but it is in the US. ;)

It also deserves to be pointed out: large fractions of workers in the building trades are of Latin American origin, and not all of them are residing and working in the U.S. in contravention of U.S. immigration.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:36 am 
Sergeant Major

chijohnaok wrote:
nero wrote:

Just curious.

But why didn't you use the whole title of the article: It's About Time – Employer Hit by $96 Million Penalty for Hiring Illegal Aliens? :roll:

This "It's About Time" seems to indicate that going after the employers hiring undocumented workers is not so common practice. :o

Or is it? How about with this most recent ICE raid? :roll:

Just curious.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:54 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 18812
nero wrote:
This "It's About Time" seems to indicate that going after the employers hiring undocumented workers is not so common practice. :o

Or is it? How about with this most recent ICE raid? :roll:

Just curious.

Lets assume for a moment that your speculation as to the historical frequency of prosecution of employers or financiers who engage illegal immigrant workers--based on impeccable scholarship comprising the observation of three words prefixing a sentence--is correct, and this has been a "not so common practice." Basically, let's run with your logic Sneero, and assume that this is the biggest prosecution of an employer for breach of immigration law in history; as the article puts it . . .

Quote:
largest payment ever levied in an immigration case

That means that under Obama and every previous Administration this kind of thing was 'not so common,' else not so significant. In sum, the employers were left 'off the hook.'

ONE high profile prosecution of a big firm which is so airtight, they didn't even TRY to fight it; they pleaded guilty and took the $96 million hit, rather than drag their public image through the mud in a public trial. I'm sure the scores or hundreds of other regional, local and small-scale firms in the U.S. who patronize illegal workers are not going to be the LEAST BIT influenced by that precedent . . .

Looks like textbook MAGA to me!

Lets be honest: You're not "curious." You've already got it ALL figured out ;)

Last edited by Anthropoid on Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:01 am 
Sergeant Major

Its called "Enforcement of the Law"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:02 am 
Sergeant Major

IIRC, ICE also conducted simultaneous raids on nearly 100 7-Eleven stories about a year or year and a half ago.

That was also a big deal.

I would favor ICE going after employers more.
If they were consistently punished for not properly checking the documentation of the people they are hiring (or intentionally doing so), then they would start to take it more seriously.

That in and of itself would slow down the flow of people illegally coming into the US.
If the illegal knew that it would be difficult to find a job, they would be less likely to come here, especially if they had to pay a human smuggler thousands of dollars to get them here.

This was from 2010 (under Obama):

Big names on list of companies ICE fined

So the feds have gone after employers before, they just don’t do it often enough I think.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:12 am 
Sergeant Major

The reason there is a photoshopped Steven Miller with an Iron Cross is because the Left fears him. Do you think they want Jerry Nadless or Pencil Neck doing battle with Miller?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17177
Quote:
... ICE also conducted simultaneous raids on nearly 100 7-Eleven stories ...

Wow, there are 100 7-Eleven stories !!?? Who knew !?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 169  Next