maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 75  Next
 Post subject: Re: What is trumpf up to ?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:27 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 1780
Quote:
I think it is possible the intelligence services are right about the Russians hacking the DNC .....but the whole thing should have been kept low key because the thesis that it changed the election is completely unprovable bullshit and has been manipulated for political purposes

This is your thesis, and this is why it is BS!

The real thesis is that Trump got a Russian help, and this needs to be stated pretty clear before creating any cozy relationship with Putin.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:48 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 16770
Did president Trump stop beating Melania before the R00skis or after?

:o

I heard president Trump once had a gay attack him and he beat him off! president Trump is a gay anti-gay :shock:

I've never seen him tweet any dispute of these serious allegations. tsk tsk

Pamak has convinced me. I should have voted for Hillary.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:59 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 12552
Quote:
... This is your thesis ... The real thesis is ...

All God's chillun' got a thesis ...
:D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:41 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19774
pamak wrote:
Quote:
I think it is possible the intelligence services are right about the Russians hacking the DNC .....but the whole thing should have been kept low key because the thesis that it changed the election is completely unprovable bullshit and has been manipulated for political purposes

This is your thesis, and this is why it is BS!

The real thesis is that Trump got a Russian help, and this needs to be stated pretty clear before creating any cozy relationship with Putin.

The other day Trump chose former US Sen. Dan Coates to serve as his administration’s director of national intelligence.

You may ask "What is so remarkable about that?"

Sen. Coates is no friend of Russia.
Sen. Coates previously pressed President Barack Obama to punish Russia harshly for its March 2014 annexation of Crimea.
And for that the Russians banned him from traveling to Russia.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:57 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
chijohnaok wrote:
pamak wrote:
[This is your thesis, and this is why it is BS!

The other day Trump chose former US Sen. Dan Coates to serve as his administration’s director of national intelligence.

You may ask "What is so remarkable about that?"

Pammy is always correct. You just haven't figured it out yet.

Sen. Coates is no friend of Russia.
Sen. Coates previously pressed President Barack Obama to punish Russia harshly for its March 2014 annexation of Crimea.
And for that the Russians banned him from traveling to Russia.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:20 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

I think it is pretty obvious that anybody chosen as director of national intelligence SHOULD be a person who is ready to fight the Russians in the covert war that always exists. And nomatter what Trump thinks about Russia, it would have been stupid for him to nominate as a boss a person who was soft against the Russians. Such a person would have zero credibility within the intelligence organizations, and this would have created serious problems.

All the above, do not change the fact that Trump has actually stated in VERY clear terms his plan to develop very close relationships with Russia, apparently unconditionally since the recent information does not deter Trump from pursuing his plan. And there is no doubt that Secretary of State Tillerson, who has close ties to Russia and has earned Putin's Medal of Friendship will have much more power than a director of national intelligence and will implement the plan of cultivating close ties with Russia . And I think, there is basis to believe that Trump welcomes similar Russian actions in future elections and signals Putin that Russian hacking of Trump's political enemies will be tolerated if not invited since it is obvious that such actions helps Trump.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:44 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
Nixon---Mao (one of the greatest mass murderers of all time

Reagan--Gorbachev (on the previous watch the Russkis had invaded Afghanistan)

JFK--Kruschev (threatened to bury us)

Everyone needs to take a step back.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:11 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Location: not the end of the world but you can see it from here
Reputation points: 9085
Y'all know that if Trump labeled Putin a threat to world peace Pamak would be on here telling us how Trump was in danger of starting a war and should never have been elected.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:53 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

nelmsm wrote:
Y'all know that if Trump labeled Putin a threat to world peace Pamak would be on here telling us how Trump was in danger of starting a war and should never have been elected.

I have been quite clear from the beginning that what Russians did can not be an excuse for bringing the cold war mentality back. So, yes, If any US president labeled Putin a threat to world peace and authorized the deployment of troops in the Baltic countries, or did other stupid things which could escalate tensions, I would be on here telling you exactly the things you assume I would say.

On the other hand, none of the above justifies bending over to Russians. They clearly overstepped their boundaries and went wayyyyy beyond what is customary in international relations. This is not because they tried to influence the elections. One can say that more or less everybody tries to do this. Obama also tried to influence the Brexit elections, but there is no evidence that he ordered the CIA to hack and leak information from the personal files of pro Brexit politicians or parties in order to discredit them in the eyes of the British public opinion. This is a modern Watergate executed by a foreign power and it is a totally different ball game which requires a response to make sure that the Russians will understand that whenever they cross such boundaries, they will pay a cost.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:26 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 19774
pamak wrote:
nelmsm wrote:

I have been quite clear from the beginning that what Russians did can not be an excuse for bringing the cold war mentality back. So, yes, If any US president labeled Putin a threat to world peace and authorized the deployment of troops in the Baltic countries, or did other stupid things which could escalate tensions, I would be on here telling you exactly the things you assume I would say.

Jan. 1, 2017:

Quote:
VILNIUS, Lithuania — Dozens of United States Special Operations forces are now in the Baltics to bolster the training and resolve of troops who are confronting a looming threat from Russia, and to enhance the Americans’ ability to detect Moscow’s shadowy efforts to destabilize the former Soviet republics.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/01/us/po ... .html?_r=0

Quote:
Come spring of this year, NATO is expected to send battalions of 800 to 1,200 troops to each of the Baltic States and Poland. The mainstream media has even dubbed NATO’s recent buildup the alliance’s “biggest military buildup on Russia’s borders since the Cold War.” Even Great Britain will be sending fighter jets, as well as troops to Romania in order to counter Russia in the region.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-0 ... ian-border

President-elect Trump is not the one authorizing the deployment of troops in the Baltic countries. That would be the current President Obama.

I am trying to remember if Pamak told us how stupid Obama was for doing this.
Can anyone remind me where he pointed that out to us?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 75  Next