maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: What is trumpf up to ?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:29 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 20000
jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:
... They say ‘let’s let this fully go through the courts’.
The courts are not supposed to be the branch of government that MAKES the laws. ...

Ho Lee Shaya Tollah ! I missed that aspect ... good catch !!

BINGO!

These people are waiting for the courts to enshrine into law something that began as merely an "Executive Order".

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:50 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17657
Trump makes the headlines again after saying that immigrants come from "shithole" countries...

Quote:
US President Donald Trump has reportedly lashed out at immigrants in a foul-mouthed Oval Office outburst.

"Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?" Mr Trump told lawmakers on Thursday, according to the Washington Post.

The remark was reportedly in reference to people from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries.

The White House did not deny the comment, which has been confirmed by other US media.

"Certain Washington politicians choose to fight for foreign countries, but President Trump will always fight for the American people," a White House statement said.

It continued: "Like other countries that have merit-based immigration, President Trump is fighting for permanent solutions that make our country stronger by welcoming those who can contribute to our society, grow our economy and assimilate into our great nation.

"He will always reject temporary, weak and dangerous stopgap measures that threaten the lives of hardworking Americans, and undercut immigrants who seek a better life in the United States through a legal pathway."

Mr Trump's remark reportedly came as lawmakers from both parties visited him to propose a bipartisan immigration deal.

Before the alleged outburst, Democratic Senator Richard Durbin had reportedly been discussing US temporary residency permits that are granted to citizens of countries experiencing strife such as natural disasters, war or epidemics.

According to the Post, Mr Trump told lawmakers the US should instead be welcoming migrants from countries like Norway, whose prime minister visited him on Wednesday.

Senator Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, was also in the meeting, but declined to comment on Mr Trump's reported slur.

The New York Times reported three weeks ago that Mr Trump had said Haitians "all have Aids" during a June meeting about immigration.

The backlash to his latest alleged remarks began quickly.

Elijah Cummings, a Maryland Democratic lawmaker, tweeted: "I condemn this unforgivable statement and this demeaning of the office of the Presidency."

A spokesman for the Salvadorean embassy in Washington DC declined to comment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42656433

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:18 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13552
Quote:
... Elijah Cummings, a Maryland Democratic lawmaker, tweeted ...

Never heard of her ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:36 pm 
Sergeant Major

Well, this is perhaps obvious but Trump is right. Haiti is the poorest country in the Western hemisphere with decades of corrupt leadership and tin pot dictators.....it IS the definition of "shithole country". When you look it up in the dictionary there is a picture of Haiti. That is why everyone is trying to get out.

And Trump is just saying what many Americans already know. Is anyone here shocked the President would say "shithole" in a meeting? It's a very concise and unambiguous word. When you want to refer to muslin country without a gazillion dollars of oil money you say "muslim shithole"...etc, etc

Last edited by jack t ripper on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:
... Elijah Cummings, a Maryland Democratic lawmaker, tweeted ...

Never heard of her ...

It's the short black guy with the speech impediment from Baltimore.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:45 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 17657
jack t ripper wrote:
Well, this is perhaps obvious but Trump is right. Haiti is the poorest country in the Western hemisphere with decades of corrupt leadership and tin pot dictators.....it IS the definition of "shithole country". When you look it up in the dictionary there is a picture of Haiti. That is why everyone is trying to get out.

Exactly. If they are such great places to live why are people so desperate to get out? But God forbid anyone who points out the obvious truth anymore with plain language.

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 pm 
Sergeant Major

Haiti = Hole where Shit accumulates

T or F?

Believe or not but we have an organized Haitian lobby in the US Congress.

One time I was in the Bahamas, which is not far from Haiti but is a nice country in general. The thing is black Bahamians CAN'T STAND Haitian immigrants. They don't speak English. They don't really speak French either..it is more of a patois. The education system is pure shite. They are accustomed to working very little if at all. They don't understand the concept of property ownership and they have lived their lives in oppressive levels of corruption. It's what Trump might call a "shithole".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:31 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 18052
Mac wrote:
jack t ripper wrote:

Exactly. If they are such great places to live why are people so desperate to get out? But God forbid anyone who points out the obvious truth anymore with plain language.

Political Correctness is obviously the way to prioritize the interests of your country and it's citizens nowadays!

Just ask the Democrats and their corporate media!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:30 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3006
jack t ripper wrote:

And Trump is just saying what many Americans already know. Is anyone here shocked the President would say "shithole" in a meeting? It's a very concise and unambiguous word. When you want to refer to muslin country without a gazillion dollars of oil money you say "muslim shithole"...etc, etc

I'm dissapointed he now deny's the remark. He is exactly right...of course he is still a doofus. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:00 am 
Sergeant Major

He denied the specific term "shithole countries"..the report was from someone who was not at the meeting. Probably he said "shitty countries"..which is also true but less colorful.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 97  Next