maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: What is trumpf up to ?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:56 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 13207

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:06 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 9540

Quote:
The Trump administration has rescinded guidance enacted by his predecessor in favour of transgender students, the White House has said.
The Obama-era rule directed public schools to allow transgender pupils to use toilets of their gender identity.
But critics said that guidance was government overreach which threatened other students' privacy and safety.
A letter sent to US schools on Wednesday outlined the change, saying the Obama directive caused confusion.
It had also sparked lawsuits and debate over how it should work in practice, the letter from the Justice and Education departments said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39047883

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:26 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 11008
jwilkerson wrote:

Quote:
The Trump administration has rescinded guidance enacted by his predecessor in favour of transgender students, the White House has said.
The Obama-era rule directed public schools to allow transgender pupils to use toilets of their gender identity.
But critics said that guidance was government overreach which threatened other students' privacy and safety.
A letter sent to US schools on Wednesday outlined the change, saying the Obama directive caused confusion.
It had also sparked lawsuits and debate over how it should work in practice, the letter from the Justice and Education departments said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39047883

There is a simple way to end the confusion...

Attachment:
1481145551005.jpg
1481145551005.jpg [ 92.44 KiB | Viewed 621 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:51 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 9548
He doesn't have to tell you!

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 14860
Ummm....what did she expect? Obama muslim holdover in the NSA who was offended by Trump during his campaign....and she quits because nobody in the new administration would listen to her. :lol: I suppose she didn't wear it on her hijab? It's also hard to type with a big chip on your shoulder.

Quote:
By/ Jeff Pegues/ CBS News/ February 25, 2017, 8:23 PM

National security staffer quit after 8 days in Trump White House

WASHINGTON -- A White House national security staffer resigned after eight days in the Trump administration. The Maryland woman is a Muslim-American whose family emigrated from Bangladesh.

She was a holdover from the Obama White House who had hoped to stay.

“It was a very tense and unwelcoming feeling,” Rumana Ahmed said.

Ahmed worked as a staffer on the National Security Council during the Obama administration. When President Trump took office, she decided to stay, but quickly became uncomfortable.

pegues-rumana-ahmed-2-2017-2-25.jpg

Rumana Ahmed worked for the National Security Council under President Obama.

“I got both of those looks of ‘oh my God, like, are you OK, you know, is this, you know, I’m surprised you’re still here,’” Ahmed said. “But then you also had others who were just very cold and just kind of ignored the fact that I was even there.”

She was hoping to change minds, even though as a Muslim-American woman she had been offended by the president’s rhetoric on the campaign trail.

“At the end of the day you may not convince everybody, but there might be one or two people who will be willing to at least listen,” Ahmed said.

As for convincing anybody in the Trump White House, she said, “There was no opportunity to interact with anybody.”

In the chaotic early days, Ahmed believes she and other staffers were often cut out of the policy-making process.

pegues-rumana-ahmed-3-2017-2-25.jpg

Rumana Ahmed quit the National Security Council eight days after President Trump took office.
/ CBS News

“You kind of actually found out about things as they came out in the news, and that wasn’t just true of some of us who stayed, but it was also true of some of the Trump staffers as well,” Ahmed said.

Ahmed said one of the last straws for her was the president’s executive order banning travel from seven predominantly Muslim countries. Less than two weeks into the Trump presidency, she quit.

“Walking into that building was becoming more and more difficult every single day because everything that administration was doing stood against what I stood for as both an American and a Muslim,” Ahmed said.

There has been a lot of turmoil on the National Security Council. Just this week, Mr. Trump named H.R. McMaster to replace Michael Flynn as national security adviser. White House officials did not have a lot to say about Ahmed’s comments, only that they wish her well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:27 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Reputation points: 3288
jack t ripper wrote:
I suppose she didn't wear it on her hijab?

1-the first step is recognizing that anyone (female) [/u]wearing a hijab in the Western World is engaged in a cultural provocation against you, your wife, your daughters, your mother: 'I am not a whore, your women are, I am a devout Muslim.'
2- it does not matter if she is 13-18 years old, if she was told by her father or brothers to wear the hijab, niquab, common head scarf or burkha.....the point is to insult your Western daughters, wives, mothers, even if the 15 year old muslim abyss pisser doesnt even know it.
3-supposedly, the head scarf is supposed to signal chastity according to ancient tradition in medieval societies...Ital older women also go to church, confession with a head scarf.
4- I see it everyday: 18-20 yearold muslim girls at the cash register with enuf make-up on face to make a whore proud ...but with a head scarf....you gotta wonder ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:45 am 
First Sergeant

I have to say that while I'm glad trumpf is in there, if for no other reason that a brief continuation of the Constitutional period ... but I am not happy with his emerging global "defense" program.

Quote:
US President Donald Trump is seeking to boost defence spending by 10% in his proposed budget plan for 2018.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39108194

trumpf is surrounded by a federali bureaucracy of many millions whose existence depends on them justifying what they do and even arguing for a larger slice of the pie and even a larger pie ... more more more more more ... it would be tough for anyone to hold back the hordes of cargoists which make up the federali establishment.

But, unfortunately, this shows, that ooosah is truly done ... and that trumpf is merely a "dead cat bounce" ... not surprising I suppose ...

==
And BTW, I AM pro military ... but I am NOT pro USE of military ... and I do not believe that residents should enjoy the military as a "toy" ... and if the residents won't stop it then congress should.

The military can be drastically improved and made much more efficient but still have a smaller budget ... IF you stop the adventurism ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:28 pm 
Corporal

Reputation points: 2591
It is also not a lack of military spending that caused the US to stop winning wars in say Afghanistan or Iraq. That Trump is suggesting as much makes me think he doesn't quite get what these wars / counter insurgencies were about.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:23 pm 
Corporal

Location: Gettysburg, PA...9PM July 1, 1863..saving the Union army
Reputation points: 3485
KAding wrote:
It is also not a lack of military spending that caused the US to stop winning wars in say Afghanistan or Iraq. That Trump is suggesting as much makes me think he doesn't quite get what these wars / counter insurgencies were about.

Not the only thing Trump doesn't quite get. He needs to stop tweeting/talking and get something done. He has a bad habit of rushing stuff like the "ban" without his staff and him doing the due diligence to avoid the killing he took on that. Some supporters shrug their shoulders around that, but a constant 3 steps forward 2 steps back will not win him confidence. I think he's smarter than that, but he got away with it in the public domain; he is now in a world were "rules" are complicated. Anyone familiar with the word "quagmire"??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:23 pm 
First Sergeant

Crawling forward one inch at a time ...

Quote:
President Trump quietly followed through on his pledge to defend the Second Amendment by signing the repeal of Barack Obama’s Social Security gun ban.

... An overview of the ban–provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA)–showed it was structured so that persons under mental duress and requiring help with their finances could be investigated by the SSA, then turned over to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) to be barred from gun purchases ...

The Obama administration finalized the ban during the week prior to Christmas 2016 ...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/28/report-trump-signs-repeal-of-obamas-social-security-gun-ban/

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 44  Next