maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon May 01, 2017 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: What is trumpf up to ?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:42 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8258
Quote:
... U.S. President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday once again criticized the United Nations in the wake of the anti-Israel resolution passed last week by the Security Council.

“The UN has such tremendous potential. Not living up to its potential,” Trump told reporters at his hotel in Palm Beach, Florida.

“When do you see the United Nations solving problems?” he added. “They don’t. They cause problems. So, if it lives up to the potential, it’s a great thing, and if it doesn’t, it’s a waste of time and money.” ...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What is trumpf up to ?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:59 pm 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 6898
Hopefully he'll close down this nest of spies, and use the bldg to house wounded vets. The UN can relocate to Finland and let the Fins pay for it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:29 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 11813
Quote:
What is trumpf up to ?

He's up to being his badass self 8-) This is going to be great.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:08 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 8132
It would be so awe-inspiringly fantastic if he actually went and did it, whatever it would entail (executive action, joint action with congress, or just sheer bluff . . . it wouldn't matter to me) for a number of reasons.

1. Both political parties and the media overlords in the U.S. (as well as intelligentsia) have been more or less "bitch slapped" (my wife's words not mine) by this guy getting elected. Kicking the U.N. out of the U.S. and withdrawing from it as a member would have a similar effect on more-or-less the entire "rest of the planet"

I can seriously think of nothing else that would be quite so awesome . . .

2. The lamentations and hand wringing of the various ideological factions who tend to take issue with Trumps Revolution of modern political order would go into full orbital retard mod, and they might never achieve re-entry. In effect, their minds would be blown, and the capacity to engage in the fake news peddling, shit-stirring and passive-aggressive diplomacy games would be more or less ended by beheading.

Lets consider for a moment, what would be likely to transpire if Trump were to broach the topic of "U.S. withdrawing from the U.N. and revoking the U.N.s permission to operate on U.S. soil . . .

Of course the first reaction would be wild hyperbole and disaster prophecies on the part of the Young Turks types of the Internet. This would be followed by anger, seething anger, showing of asses, blind rage, insane conspiracy theories, full fledged psychopathic rage fog, implosion of the medulla oblongota . . .

The whole point really of the U.N. is to give the police states and the pipsqueak states a "legitimate" framework to attempt to undermine the powers and superpowers. If the U.S. is no longer a member, I doubt the U.K. would see much point in staying either. France would likely follow. Italy, Spain, the low countries, Canada, Australia, would likely follow not too much slower. Germany might take a while, they are still overcompensating for that "Nazi boogeyman" image so they feel they need to be really careful about such things I guess . . . Once those initial wave of powerful democratic nations were effectively pulled out, many others would follow: Japan, South Korea, most of Eastern Europe (Finland would probably stay in for some perverse reason . . . its like a rape victim being in the same "community welfare" organization where its rapist is a member of the "Security council!").

Within a year, the only remaining members of the U.N. would be Russia, China,_possibly_ India, and the various developing nations that stand to benefit from the U.N. (and which in many cases have their own regional or political organizations that already replicate much of the putatative benefit and function of the U.N., the Union of African States for example . . . Most of Sub-Saharan Africa could drop out of the U.N., resort to the UAS for whatever "benefits" they lost as a result of dropping out, and be just fine (except for the chance to parade around repellent diplomatic overtures that turn the bigger powers against one another, else turn the small powers against segments of the big ones.

I doubt any wars that are not already well on there way to initiating would start, and I doubt that any lives would be lost, fortunes ruined or real harm done to any human beings . . . well, that is not entirely true. The ruling regimes in some nations which make a career of "playing the U.N." as well as the "technocrat" class of bureacrats who comprise the U.N. would most definitely lose out big time. But that is like saying: disbanding this mafia will definitely cause the criminals in the mafia to lose out big time.

Win win for the U.S., the EU, most of the developed world, in truth, most of the developing world too. I can see no down sides to it.

Hopefully Trump makes it so. However . . . he does something that extreme, the Secret Service are going to be more busy, because there WILL be some assassination attempts, most notably from Russia and/or China, who are probably fairly proficient at that sort of thing.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:03 am 
Honorary Texan

Reputation points: 6898
Anthropoid wrote:
It would be so awe-inspiringly fantastic if he actually went and did it, whatever it would entail (executive action, joint action with congress, or just sheer bluff . . . it wouldn't matter to me) for a number of reasons.

1. Both political parties and the media overlords in the U.S. (as well as intelligentsia) have been more or less "bitch slapped" (my wife's words not mine) by this guy getting elected. Kicking the U.N. out of the U.S. and withdrawing from it as a member would have a similar effect on more-or-less the entire "rest of the planet"

I can seriously think of nothing else that would be quite so awesome . . .

2. The lamentations and hand wringing of the various ideological factions who tend to take issue with Trumps Revolution of modern political order would go into full orbital retard mod, and they might never achieve re-entry. In effect, their minds would be blown, and the capacity to engage in the fake news peddling, shit-stirring and passive-aggressive diplomacy games would be more or less ended by beheading.

Lets consider for a moment, what would be likely to transpire if Trump were to broach the topic of "U.S. withdrawing from the U.N. and revoking the U.N.s permission to operate on U.S. soil . . .

Of course the first reaction would be wild hyperbole and disaster prophecies on the part of the Young Turks types of the Internet. This would be followed by anger, seething anger, showing of asses, blind rage, insane conspiracy theories, full fledged psychopathic rage fog, implosion of the medulla oblongota . . .

The whole point really of the U.N. is to give the police states and the pipsqueak states a "legitimate" framework to attempt to undermine the powers and superpowers. If the U.S. is no longer a member, I doubt the U.K. would see much point in staying either. France would likely follow. Italy, Spain, the low countries, Canada, Australia, would likely follow not too much slower. Germany might take a while, they are still overcompensating for that "Nazi boogeyman" image so they feel they need to be really careful about such things I guess . . . Once those initial wave of powerful democratic nations were effectively pulled out, many others would follow: Japan, South Korea, most of Eastern Europe (Finland would probably stay in for some perverse reason . . . its like a rape victim being in the same "community welfare" organization where its rapist is a member of the "Security council!").

Within a year, the only remaining members of the U.N. would be Russia, China,_possibly_ India, and the various developing nations that stand to benefit from the U.N. (and which in many cases have their own regional or political organizations that already replicate much of the putatative benefit and function of the U.N., the Union of African States for example . . . Most of Sub-Saharan Africa could drop out of the U.N., resort to the UAS for whatever "benefits" they lost as a result of dropping out, and be just fine (except for the chance to parade around repellent diplomatic overtures that turn the bigger powers against one another, else turn the small powers against segments of the big ones.

I doubt any wars that are not already well on there way to initiating would start, and I doubt that any lives would be lost, fortunes ruined or real harm done to any human beings . . . well, that is not entirely true. The ruling regimes in some nations which make a career of "playing the U.N." as well as the "technocrat" class of bureacrats who comprise the U.N. would most definitely lose out big time. But that is like saying: disbanding this mafia will definitely cause the criminals in the mafia to lose out big time.

Win win for the U.S., the EU, most of the developed world, in truth, most of the developing world too. I can see no down sides to it.

Hopefully Trump makes it so. However . . . he does something that extreme, the Secret Service are going to be more busy, because there WILL be some assassination attempts, most notably from Russia and/or China, who are probably fairly proficient at that sort of thing.

The assassination attempts would most likely come from the democrats and the GOPe.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:45 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13045
For quite a while I have hoped someone would simply move the UN HQ to Branson, Missouri or maybe Nome, Alaska.

It would be the end of the Star Wars bar scene.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:51 pm 
First Sergeant

jack t ripper wrote:
For quite a while I have hoped someone would simply move the UN HQ to Branson, Missouri or maybe Nome, Alaska.

:D :lol: :mrgreen: !!

I remember you saying this once before now that you say it, and it is no less a wondrous, axiomatic and hilarious notion than it ever was!

"Trump Relocates United Nations Headquarters to Branson, Missouri" the sheer comedic value of that alone would make the organization--and the United States participation in it--worth preserving!

God DAMN! talk about an award winning comedy mini-series for HBO, Showtime, Amazon or Netflix . . . we just need a title and I'll start drafting the script for the pilot episode! :mrgreen:

Quote:
It would be the end of the Star Wars bar scene.

I don't quite follow that part, but suspect it adds still more to the hilarity. Please elaborate!

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:13 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12744
Anthro,
There was a bar scene in one of the early Star Wars films (forget which one). The bar customers and staff were of all different races/species, etc from throughout the galaxy. Some looking quite bizarre.

I think the implication is that the UN crowd is also a diverse hodge lodge of people from across the planet.

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:37 pm 
First Sergeant

chijohnaok wrote:
Anthro,
There was a bar scene in one of the early Star Wars films (forget which one). The bar customers and staff were of all different races/species, etc from throughout the galaxy. Some looking quite bizarre.

I think the implication is that the UN crowd is also a diverse hodge lodge of people from across the planet.

Okay, that is more or less what I inferred. Wondered if there might be more to it though . . . such as "Han Solo" being analogous to an Ozark Bushwacker or something . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:35 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 13045
Happy hour..UN HQ

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next