maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julian Assange: Not an ethnic Nationalist!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:55 am 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 17550
I have no doubt there are Russian spies in the US.

I have some serious doubt that a Russian spy was working at DNC as a long-term mole or was infiltrated for the express purpose of carrying DNC email copies to Wikileaks in order to get Trump elected. Consider this, Assange in his former career, was an IT security consultant. Doesn't it seem strange he cannot tell the difference between a cache of hacked emails and an officially uploaded copy of the business email database?

In other words, WikiLeaks would have to have been convinced that the supplier of the files had the access AND technical know-how to produce the files without a hack...because that was his "cover story". Could Podesta have been hacked? Of course. He was a computer idiot. His password was "password". It was a super low tech phishing attack. It could have been a 300 lb kid from Moldova trying to get his credit card number. A 20 year old phishing attack technique does not indicate "state actor" to me.

Then there is Obama's response. Podesta was hacked many. many months before WikiLeaks started to publish. Assange was trying to prove the authenticity of the emails. The FBI warned both the RNC and DNC about a year before the election. Bronco called Vlad and told him to "knock it off". A bit of a tepid response, eh? Obama says he did not want to affect the outcome of the election. BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! The fucker lied about Benghazi to preserve his victory in 2012.

The code the FBI gave electricity providers to look for Russian infiltration was a commercially available Ukranian hacking tool.

This is the same FBI which could not open the San Bernardino shooters I-phone. They paid an IT security company 1 million dollars to do it for them.

I also don't buy Hillary's claim that Putin had a grudge against her personally. Unattractive? Annoying voice? Unfunny? Uncharismatic? Reminded him of his ex-wife?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes...but launching a major security operation. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:31 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 11632
Quote:
... Intelligence officials describe increasing dismay within their community about Trump's attacks and refusal to believe them ...

Did the "intel establishment" expect to be exempted from "DRAINING THE SWAMP" ???

It will hurt - it is supposed to hurt - enjoy the pain !!!
:)

==

When you've built up a culture of working for clowns and practitioners of bovine scatology for 8 years ... and then there is a UNIVERSE QUAKE ... things will change ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:35 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14886
jwilkerson wrote:
Quote:
... Intelligence officials describe increasing dismay within their community about Trump's attacks and refusal to believe them ...

Did the "intel establishment" expect to be exempted from "DRAINING THE SWAMP" ???

It will hurt - it is supposed to hurt - enjoy the pain !!!
:)

==

When you've built up a culture of working for clowns and practitioners of bovine scatology for 8 years ... and then there is a UNIVERSE QUAKE ... things will change ...

The biggest problem with gov't employees is that it's almost impossible for them to get fired.

Sure, they may be "re-assigned" for completely fucking up their job. But they'll still be around, somewhere, fucking something else up in a different position.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:39 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 11632
Reassign them all to build the wall ... carrying bricks for a few years should calm them down ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:47 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12474
Quote:
When you've built up a culture of working for clowns and practitioners of bovine scatology for 8 years

Seventy years, Wilkerson. 70.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:25 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16848
According to some in this thread, the FBI is convinced that the Russians hacked the DNC servers/computers.

I wonder how they came to that conclusion, particularly in light of this little news tidbit:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alimwatkins/th ... .vv17QaLXP

Quote:

WASHINGTON — The FBI did not examine the servers of the Democratic National Committee before issuing a report attributing the sweeping cyberintrusion to Russia-backed hackers, BuzzFeed News has learned.

Six months after the FBI first said it was investigating the hack of the Democratic National Committee’s computer network, the bureau has still not requested access to the hacked servers, a DNC spokesman said. No US government entity has run an independent forensic analysis on the system, one US intelligence official told BuzzFeed News.

“The DNC had several meetings with representatives of the FBI’s Cyber Division and its Washington (DC) Field Office, the Department of Justice’s National Security Division, and U.S. Attorney’s Offices, and it responded to a variety of requests for cooperation, but the FBI never requested access to the DNC’s computer servers,” Eric Walker, the DNC’s deputy communications director, told BuzzFeed News in an email.

Exactly what kind of an investigation was the FBI running?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:37 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12474
Of course they have not. If the run a forensic analysis of the servers then not only do they find out about the hack they also find out about all manner of potentially illegal stuff done FROM those servers.

"And the story was whatever was the song what it was." - Dire Straits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:40 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 1780
Quote:
According to some in this thread, the FBI is convinced that the Russians hacked the DNC servers/computers.

I wonder how they came to that conclusion, particularly in light of this little news tidbit:

...Six months after the FBI first said it was investigating the hack of the Democratic National Committee’s computer network, the bureau has still not requested access to the hacked servers, a DNC spokesman said. No US government entity has run an independent forensic analysis on the system, one US intelligence official told BuzzFeed News...

I am not a computer expert, but I do know that it does not make sense to believe that the FBI or any other intelligence agency only become aware of hacking actions after they request access to private servers to do "independent forensic analsis." If one believes this, then he should also believe that the national security agencies cannot have any knowledge of hacking activities prior of the staff working in the servers. This is obviously not true: For example,we have evidence that in September 2015 it was the FBI which first contacted the DNC to inform them that there was at least one compromised computer in the DNC. This comes from a memo of a DNC staffer found in the New York Times website
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/us/po ... n-dnc.html

If you want more technical reasons regarding how the FBI camme to the conclusions it did that it was the Russians behind the hacking, you can read this 13 page report

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/f ... 6-1229.pdf

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:47 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 1780
Quote:
I have no doubt there are Russian spies in the US.

I have some serious doubt that a Russian spy was working at DNC as a long-term mole or was infiltrated for the express purpose of carrying DNC email copies to Wikileaks in order to get Trump elected. Consider this, Assange in his former career, was an IT security consultant. Doesn't it seem strange he cannot tell the difference between a cache of hacked emails and an officially uploaded copy of the business email database?

In other words, WikiLeaks would have to have been convinced that the supplier of the files had the access AND technical know-how to produce the files without a hack...because that was his "cover story".

As usual, you do not make sense. There was never a cover story that there was a Russian mole within the DNC or that the leaked emails were simply uploaded copies. The fact that Assange claims that Podesta used the word "password" for password makes it quite clear that he was aware that the emails he received were product of hacking.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:59 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16848
pamak wrote:
Quote:

...Six months after the FBI first said it was investigating the hack of the Democratic National Committee’s computer network, the bureau has still not requested access to the hacked servers, a DNC spokesman said. No US government entity has run an independent forensic analysis on the system, one US intelligence official told BuzzFeed News...

I am not a computer expert, but I do know that it does not make sense to believe that the FBI or any other intelligence agency only become aware of hacking actions after they request access to private servers to do "independent forensic analsis." If one believes this, then he should also believe that the national security agencies cannot have any knowledge of hacking activities prior of the staff working in the servers. This is obviously not true: For example,we have evidence that in September 2015 it was the FBI which first contacted the DNC to inform them that there was at least one compromised computer in the DNC. This comes from a memo of a DNC staffer found in the New York Times website
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/us/po ... n-dnc.html

If you want more technical reasons regarding how the FBI camme to the conclusions it did that it was the Russians behind the hacking, you can read this 13 page report

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/f ... 6-1229.pdf

Why would the FBI not have examined or conduct a forensic audit on the DNCservers?
The DNC are the ones who announced that the FBI had not requested access to them. Is the DNC lying?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next