maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fake News
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:12 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 12499
Oh dear Cthulu, CNNGate!

Honestly, the stuff they previewed in that video seems pretty damn tame. Yeah, it confirms what everyone (including leftists) already knew: CNN is biased.

Lets hope there are some really juicy nuggets in there somewhere. Smart move to crowd-staff it, brilliant really.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:37 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 15297
Attachment:
1487863124996.jpg
1487863124996.jpg [ 48.19 KiB | Viewed 1336 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

Yep!

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:21 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 16340
I posted this elsewhere, regarding media nonsense from the past few days. Lots of info regarding the latest MSM bullshit.

Re-posting here:

So...

A pair of Swedish politicians put up this article yesterday at WSJ. It's pretty much ignored or, as in the case of it being hosted at HuffPo, deleted (not surprising there). Much of the mainstream media have been willfully leaving such things in the dark.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-is-ri ... 1487807010

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02 ... right.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... 8627a55e94

Same for the retiring Swedish police officer's complaints (Peter Springare) which went viral.

Quote:

A Swedish police officer has caused controversy after he made a Facebook post claiming that the majority of the cases he deals with in a week come from people whose country of origin is not Sweden, leading to an internal police investigation of him, and even provoking Prime Minister Stefan Löfven to respond.

In the post, Peter Springare lists what he claims to be the countries of origin and names of those he dealt with while carrying out preliminary investigations of suspected crimes in Örebro, noting that what he posted "is not politically correct" but that he "doesn't give a shit".

"Suspected perpetrators: Ali Mohamad, Mahmod, Mohammed, Mohammed, Ali, again, again, again, Christoffer… what, is it true? Yes, a Swedish name sneaked its way in on the fringes of a drug related crime, Mohammed, Mahmod Ali, again and again," Springare wrote.

"Countries which represent all of the week's crimes: Iraq, Iraq, Turkey, Syria, Afghanistan, Somalia, Somalia, Syria again, Somalia, unknown country, unknown country, Sweden," he added. Springare then promised to make new posts on the subject every week.

Continued..
http://www.thelocal.se/20170208/swedish ... ebook-post

Indeed... the guy gets subjected to an investigation for speaking his frustration on the subject; specifically regarding how he's supposed to keep it hush-hush. He obviously knew that he would be persecuted for saying such things. Which just shows the lengths to which the powers in charge will go to keep such criticism silent.

Of course, the day after the usual media suspects were laughing about Trump's ramblings, a violent riot broke out in an immigrant neighborhood, including attacks against police who were there to arrest someone on drug charges. Although showing that there's a problem, it got downplayed in favor of the narrative that the media wants to portray.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/21/europe/sw ... olm-riots/

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/02/21 ... uburb.html

I think the most telling indicator of the media "elites", banding together to influence politics and narratives in unison, is the early insider leak about the coordinated media attack on Milo Yiannopolous. It's quite obvious that a large part of the media clique is coordinating their stories for both personal attacks and control of the public narrative. The latter of which they are very possessive about, leading to the former when they feel whatever control they have in it threatened.

The insider dumped the info the night before the calculated media assault, giving an idea just how much they collude for political narrative ends:

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/113460155

https://archive.is/briVl#selection-1469.0-1469.566

What am I trying to say?

That I'm disgusted by how much the usual Media suspects obfuscate and twist the truth lately. But, even more, I really dislike having topical information willfully hidden or buried when it doesn't fit their ideal narrative. When I see or hear about it second hand, and have to dig around to find full details.

That is a big neon sign that says I can't fully trust much of the mainstream media to give all the details, or to have a semblance of impartiality delivery of same.

It didn't happen overnight. It's been a whirlpool of steady objectivity decline for years, also evidenced by blatant journalistic double standards.

I should be complaining about the new president's shortcomings. Instead I'm seeing the big media attempting to flush what little integrity they have left into the crooked Democrat Propaganda machine they've been feeding for quite awhile. Screaming as they continue to waste away by their own hand.

EDIT: The same guy who dropped the info on the Milo "social shaming" attack also says there is something stirring regarding a coordinated attack on one of Trump's advisors coming in the next week, too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:40 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 1737
I am certain that O'Keefe knows everything about fake news, he is fake news.

HADAS GOLD wrote:

Project Veritas 'CNN Leaks' fall flat
2/23/17 12:13 PM EST

or a few days, Project Veritas founder and conservative activist James O'Keefe has been hyping the release of what he said were hundreds of hours of undercover audio recordings of employees at CNN.

Some staffers at CNN were legitimately alarmed that O'Keefe would be releasing tapes that could be embarrassing for the network. O'Keefe is known for his undercover video recordings, though questions over deceptive editing and concerns about the questionable tactics used to obtain those recordings have plagued some of his prior work. Before releasing the tapes Thursday, O'Keefe was featured on The Drudge Report and on Sean Hannity's radio show, where he previewed their release.

Instead, what O'Keefe released on Thursday landed with a dull thud in the media world. Though not all the hours of tapes have been made available for review, and damning recordings could still come out, O'Keefe made clear the audio he obtained is from 2009 and for the most part features lower-level staffers at the network.

In Project Veritas' news release about the tapes, the first highlighted segment are two producers talking about the use of certain polls and why then-CNN polling director (now NH1 News political director and anchor) Paul Steinhauser declined to use a poll by Rasmussen, a group whose polling methods are still not widely accepted. Another highlight is of an assignment desk editor saying "Fox News is unbearable," and a news desk editor talking about how "there's no debate" about climate change.

What got the most attention on social media, though, was the unusual highlighting of a well-known quote that role of journalism is “aiding the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.” But Project Veritas portrayed the situation as Richard Griffiths, now vice president and senior editorial director, being "caught explaining" the role of a journalist.

Here is Griffiths' quote, as “caught” by Project Veritas:

"If we are journalists, what is our role as a journalist? What is the fundamental role as a journalist, for us to do? Tell a story. Tell what's going on. There's a secondary corollary to that, right? Aid the afflicted and afflict the comfortable. To a degree, right? Is that not part of the traditional role of a journalist. It's actually one of the things I can be most proud of as a journalist. You know we try to show the ugly side of humanity so we can do something about it. It's hard, very hard."

O'Keefe suggested in a video that CNN is now working on afflicting President Donald Trump. The phrase "comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable," though sometimes attributed to H.L. Mencken, is best known for its use in the 1960 film "Inherit The Wind." Poynter reported that the first known use of the phrase was from 1902, written by journalist and humorist Finley Peter Dunne.

O'Keefe says he isn't done. He's calling on volunteers to comb through the 119 hours of raw tape, and is offering a $10,000 reward of "content that exposes media malfeasance." Shortly after the tapes were released, The Drudge Report shifted the focus from the tapes to O'Keefe placing "a bounty" on the media by offering the reward.

When reached for response, a CNN spokesperson said "I don't think there's anything to comment on."

So it goes.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen selbst Götter vergebens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:31 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 16340
Media outlets are overwhelmingly writing stories aimed at a biased end result, or coloring them with their own personal political narratives. They've made the raw facts secondary to the point the writer is pushing. This became the norm awhile back and, with the recent election, has completely solidified the practice.

Keeping Op-Ed pieces separate from the news pieces is rarely possible these days. Because so many of the journalists have been mixing their opinions into their news pieces for so long. It's a rare news article I've seen, lately, which doesn't include added adjectives, biased predictions, and plain speculation in some part. Not to mention willfully taking quotes out of context, or omitting relevant information readily available on the specific topic.

And then you get intentionally misleading headlines, based on faulty methodology and/or biased opinion, such as the following Newsweek hit piece that showed up today. Proclaiming some social media "poll" as fact, and continuing to wild speculation. ::)

In the "Tech & Science" section no less. It's based on an utterly ridiculous system, but there's still an attempt to make it seem legitimate. :lol:

~~~>>>

More Than 90 Percent of U.S. Opposed to Donald Trump’s Immigration Ban According to AI Research
By Anthony Cuthbertson On 2/23/17

The vast majority of Americans are opposed to President Donald Trump’s immigration ban, according to new research that significantly contrasts with traditional polling on the subject.

Research by BrandsEye, an artificial intelligence data analysis firm, showed that 91 percent of Americans were critical of Trump’s recent executive order on immigration in conversations on social media. The findings highlight the limitations of current opinion polls, according to the firm’s CEO, which generally found opinion to be more evenly divided. A Reuters/Ipsos poll at the end of January found that 49 percent of people agreed with the order, while 41 percent disagreed.

“Our analysis avoids the inherent question bias that comes with traditional polling,” BrandsEye CEO JP Kloppers tells Newsweek. “While people may answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’ on a poll, you’ll find it’s a different story when they are forced to voice their opinions and defend them in the public free speech arena of social media.”

Kloppers says BrandsEye uses technology to uncover organic, unsolicited opinions being shared on platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. The company used similar analysis techniques to accurately predict Trump’s election victory in November, as well as the U.K.’s vote on Brexit.

Trump’s executive order of January 27 announced an immediate block on all refugees and also denied U.S. entry to citizens of seven predominantly Muslim countries. Federal courts halted the order in early February but Trump has promised to announce new immigration measures.

BrandsEye tracked online conversations between January 16 and February 7 to determine the sentiment toward the immigration order and the proposed wall separating the U.S. and Mexico.

By using keywords, such as “Trump”, “immigration” and “ban”, the system logged more than 4 million mentions across social media. The company then analyzed a random sample of 10,058 mentions through a crowd-sourced network of humans to determine whether a mention was positive or negative.

Companies including Uber and Adidas are already using BrandsEye’s technology to better understand how people perceive their brands, while the company now plans to turn its AI on the build up to the forthcoming elections in France, Mexico and the Netherlands.

“Real people are able to understand better than an algorithm the true sentiment of a comment; for example, is someone is being sarcastic?” says Kloppers. “We ensure accuracy by sending every point of data through multiple people. An AI engine then delivers an overall sentiment measure.

“The results suggest Trump’s support base has lost confidence. Why this is, I’m not sure; that’s in the realm of analysis that we don’t play in.”

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-immigrati ... 9769?rx=us

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:58 pm 
Sergeant Major

Prior to the events of November 2016, I would be worried . . . I WAS worried.

Now that we've seen that something like "at least half the country" are awake, I'm not too worried.

The fact Trump won 300 electoral votes, DESPITE being the underdog, speaks volumes. I remain convinced that what "the media" and/or its myriad "clients" within society ("the left," "progressives," "SJWs," "Soros Legions," or whatever we agree to call "them") are doing is committing suicide, NOT causing _real harm_ to Trump, the country, or to freedom.

I put _real harm_ like that because, it may be causing "some" harm. But in the end, I remain convinced that when the next ballot cycle comes around, if all "the media" has done in the interim is persist in this pattern, the results will be at least as asymmetrical as they were in Nov 2016, if not even more in favor of "the people, with Trump/the right" as their champions.

In sum, the strategy "the media" follows, and which it has "doubled-down" in the past few months, was proven to be a "losing strategy" back in Nov 2016, and I fail to comprehend why a losing strategy would transform into a winning strategy simply by virtue of applying it in larger volume, with greater repetition of frequency. It is not like the people who voted for Trump in Nov 2016 are "rocks" or other brittle material which, if subjected to more stress or strain, will simply break! :mrgreen:

These are "minds" we are talking about here, NOT toy soldiers!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:16 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Getting real tired of your shit media...

Attachment:
1488106840075.jpg
1488106840075.jpg [ 101.64 KiB | Viewed 1269 times ]

Attachment:
1488108798422.jpg
1488108798422.jpg [ 187.48 KiB | Viewed 1269 times ]

Attachment:
1488109543206.jpg
1488109543206.jpg [ 72.12 KiB | Viewed 1269 times ]

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:17 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Attachment:
1488115593373.jpg
1488115593373.jpg [ 59.43 KiB | Viewed 1269 times ]

Attachment:
1488115788555.jpg
1488115788555.jpg [ 104.84 KiB | Viewed 1269 times ]

Attachment:
1488115981715.jpg
1488115981715.jpg [ 83.97 KiB | Viewed 1269 times ]

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:19 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Attachment:
1488117062668.jpg
1488117062668.jpg [ 268.48 KiB | Viewed 1269 times ]

Attachment:
1488117188629.jpg
1488117188629.jpg [ 125.95 KiB | Viewed 1269 times ]

Attachment:
1488117259123.jpg
1488117259123.jpg [ 78.1 KiB | Viewed 1269 times ]

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next