maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: Fake News
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 am 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 7266
Quote:
During ABC News' morning editorial call Monday, audio of which was obtained by CNN, Goldston excoriated his staff for the error.

.snip

CNN provided the quotes from the recording included in this article to an ABC News spokesperson, who did not deny that they were authentic. The spokesperson declined to comment beyond Goldston's remarks.

ABC leaks to CNN in order to release a story showing how much they really, really care about getting it right but dumb old Brian Ross made them look bad! So why wasn't he fired immediately? I guess he won't fall on the sword.

Quote:
The ABC News chief said that Ross reported information that was "just plain wrong," and did so without anyone "having ever made a decision that we were going to go to air with that information."
"We just went on air with that information," he said. "We hadn't approved doing that. And the thing that just kills me about this is all we had to do was wait. We had to wait a few minutes. A few minutes after that, the charging documents came out. We know that those charging documents had come out, and we had looked to those charging documents, and the charging documents didn't match what we thought the story was. We would have not gone with that story."

Single source with no editorial oversight and Brian Ross made the report all on his own. It's not ABC, Ross went rogue. What a crock of shit. I wonder if ABC hired professionally actors to table read the audio tape they leaked? More fake news from CNN & ABC.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:46 am 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10688
chijohnaok wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/04/media/abc-news-president-brian-ross-flynn-correction/index.html

Quote:
ABC News president excoriates staff over Brian Ross' Michael Flynn error

by Oliver Darcy and Brian Stelter @CNNMoney
December 4, 2017: 6:40 PM ET

ABC News president James Goldston excoriated staff Monday over Brian Ross' major error on a report about former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, and announced that Ross, the network's chief investigative reporter, will no longer cover stories related to President Trump. . . .

Heh, would be more sensible to proclaim:
Quote:
ABC News . . . will no longer cover stories related to President Trump

The conundrum is: if they did that, their revenue would likely tank even WORSE (reduced viewership, reduced ratings, reduced ad revenue, reduced securities performance, etc.)

These legacy media firms are like dinosaurs faced with the climate change after the Chixulcub impact: the only real option is to evolve into a form that can adapt to the new environment, but when your whole "biology" is fixed according to a pre-Impact highly tropical, flooded, swamp Earth, "faking" being a proto-mammal is virtually impossible.

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:49 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 12839
CNN drag out some literally who athlete to defend their #NotMyPresident agenda...

What a boring vapid cunt. Seriously CNN is this the best that you can do?

Attachment:
1512688557787.jpg
1512688557787.jpg [ 70.54 KiB | Viewed 100 times ]

I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by
What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:49 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223
Mac wrote:
CNN drag out some literally who athlete to defend their #NotMyPresident agenda...

What a boring vapid cunt. Seriously CNN is this the best that you can do?

Attachment:
1512688557787.jpg

Olympic athletes represent their country.
They compete for themselves.
They represent their country (or the Olympic flag in case you are Russian ;-) )

They do not compete for the glory of their President.

CNN is deluded if they think that is what it means to be an Olympic athlete.

Does CNN think that athletes have given a personal oath to their Fuhr....I mean leader?

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:02 pm 
Hair in the soap

Reputation points: 14634
:lol:

Accurate! ~>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:45 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

The curse of Trump strikes again. There has been a pattern where people who diss the God Emperor suffer misfortune shortly afterwards, Lindsey Vonn becomes the latest after suffering a back injury during a World Cup super-G race. I guess she was correct when she said she wouldn't be representing Trump at the Winter Olympics...

Attachment:
1512829103847.png
1512829103847.png [ 324.46 KiB | Viewed 73 times ]

Quote:
ST. MORITZ, Switzerland – Lindsey Vonn finished a World Cup super-G race in extreme pain Saturday and was treated by race doctors for an apparent back injury.

The American star crossed the finish line in obvious distress, almost one second behind the then-leader, and slumped to the snow.

Vonn’s tentative run after jarring her back early on placed her 24th, trailing 1.56 seconds behind the surprise winner, Jasmine Flury of Switzerland. The race was shortened due to strong winds higher up the mountain.

Vonn stayed in the finish house to be treated, and one hour later limped slowly into a waiting car to be driven from the St. Moritz course.

Minutes earlier, her father Alan Kildow told The Associated Press his daughter was “okay.”

In a race interrupted several times by gusts lifting flurries of snow, Vonn wore the No. 4 bib and was left standing at the start gate during the first delay of about three minutes. She stayed warm with a thick jacket draped on her shoulders.

Vonn did not speak with media or fans before getting into the car, and wore the hood of a United States team jacket up to shield her face from television cameras tracking her. An update on her injury was expected later Saturday on her social media accounts.

Before leaving, Vonn stopped to congratulate Flury standing in the leader’s box.

The 24-year-old Swiss, who is ranked in the national Alpine team’s third-tier category, had a career-best finish of fifth in World Cup races before Saturday.

Starting No. 14, Flury raced down in bright sunshine and little wind to be 0.10 seconds faster than teammate Michelle Gisin, who wore start bib No. 12.

“I really had great conditions. Other athletes they had not lots of sun like I had,” Flury told the AP. “The snow conditions were so good, you just have to go, go, go.”

Tina Weirather of Liechtenstein was third, 0.16 behind Flury, and leads the discipline standings after two races. Weirather won the super-G last Sunday at Lake Louise, Canada, where Flury was seventh.

Overall standings leader Mikaela Shiffrin placed 20th, 1.37 back. The American defending champion had her lead cut to 145 points by Viktoria Rebensburg of Germany, who placed sixth.

On the hill where she was injured at the world championships in February, Swiss star Lara Gut crashed into course-side netting after seeming to lose balance in the cross wind. She appeared unhurt.

Gisin also acknowledged racing in the clearest and calmest conditions to get her first top-10 finish in a super-G race.

“It was very irregular and we got lucky, but you always have to ski it down,” said the younger sister of 2014 Olympic downhill gold medalist Dominique Gisin, who is now retired but was at the course.

The three-race St. Moritz meeting concludes Sunday with another super-G.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/o ... 937189001/

Don't mess with Kek's Chosen One. ;)

Attachments:
1512835417256.jpg
1512835417256.jpg [ 308.17 KiB | Viewed 73 times ]

What a waste...
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:05 pm 
Hair in the soap

The God-Emperor now controls probability?

*Winning*

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:32 pm 
Hair in the soap

More useless brain syphilis from CNN.

Two scoops! Ketchup on steak! Russian dressing on salad! Twelve Diet Cokes! Oh no he dih'unt!!

Impeeeeaauurch!!!1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:56 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

NefariousKoel wrote:
More useless brain syphilis from CNN.

Two scoops! Ketchup on steak! Russian dressing on salad! Twelve Diet Cokes! Oh no he dih'unt!!

Impeeeeaauurch!!!1

It's all over for you now Drumpfkins!

Attachment:
1513124393579.png
1513124393579.png [ 933.15 KiB | Viewed 29 times ]

What a waste...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16