maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Fake News
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:39 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223
I know that this has been talked about in multiple threads but I couldn't find one really devoted to "Fake news".

So here we go:

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Fake News
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:03 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16925
What??? I blame the graphics guy. If he had any sense of right or wrong he would refuse to type that shit in.

You would have to hit the bar or the bong 5 minutes after you left work to escape the sense of guilt.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:04 pm 
Sergeant Major

Maybe it's fake news about fake news?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:15 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10688
jack t ripper wrote:
What??? I blame the graphics guy. If he had any sense of right or wrong he would refuse to type that shit in.

You would have to hit the bar or the bong 5 minutes after you left work to escape the sense of guilt.

Maybe he is a contractor in Colorado?

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:36 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 4295
jack t ripper wrote:

Let's hope he ain't Russian. :mrgreen:

If so, "questioning his version" would make you an American Ethnic Nationalist. Everyone knows it in Arizona.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:15 pm 
Sergeant

Reputation points: 3433
You know, none of us would be sitting here worrying about how to treat such horrible issues, there would be no refugee crisis and there would be so much less cognitive dissonance in the world had Bush and Cheney not set the stage for the post 9/11 world by invading a country that wasn't responsible for the attack. Next time if shit happens maybe we should just pursue those responsible instead.

Welcome to the Maddrive Dogthru!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:21 pm 
Sergeant Major

<facepalm>

Gary;

the Syrian civil war was not caused by anyone in Europe or the US. The Sunnis hate the Alawites (which is an offshoot of Shia islam whom conservatives Sunni regard as idolitars...the Alawites hate the Sunni and are aligned with Iran (majority Shia).

Various Syrian regimes have oppressed the Sunni for nearly 70 years. The "Arab Spring" was the spark....a street vendor in Tunisia set himself on fire to protest economic and political conditions. It quickly spread to Egypt and Qatar and Syria.

Overwhelmingly, the recruitment of foreign fighters in Syria was based on the deaths of Sunnis in Syria

ISIS did not start the Syrian civil war although they did take advantage of the chaos.

The stupid fucker in Berlin is just another Sunni shitbird jihadi following the instructions of the quran.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:36 pm 
Sergeant

jack t ripper wrote:
<facepalm>

Gary;

the Syrian civil war was not caused by anyone in Europe or the US. The Sunnis hate the Alawites (which is an offshoot of Shia islam whom conservatives Sunni regard as idolitars...the Alawites hate the Sunni and are aligned with Iran (majority Shia).

Various Syrian regimes have oppressed the Sunni for nearly 70 years. The "Arab Spring" was the spark....a street vendor in Tunisia set himself on fire to protest economic and political conditions. It quickly spread to Egypt and Qatar and Syria.

Overwhelmingly, the recruitment of foreign fighters in Syria was based on the deaths of Sunnis in Syria

ISIS did not start the Syrian civil war although they did take advantage of the chaos.

The stupid fucker in Berlin is just another Sunni shitbird jihadi following the instructions of the quran.

It's not just the Syrian civil war, it's the whole issue of Middle East politics. When your country does stupid stuff the rest of the world calls you out on it and you lose your credibility. Few others take the US seriously in Middle East affairs anymore because we fucked up. I say that as an American who wishes he could have pride in his country. But I've talked to quite a few people from different countries in the world and there are a lot of people out there who believe we are the worst country on Earth. If we were ever a "great" country, the Bush/Cheney administration put an end to it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:50 pm 
Sergeant Major

Gary Childress wrote:
[
It's not just the Syrian civil war, it's the whole issue of Middle East politics. When your country does stupid stuff the rest of the world calls you out on it and you lose your credibility. Few others take the US seriously in Middle East affairs anymore because we fucked up. I say that as an American who wishes he could have pride in his country. But I've talked to quite a few people from different countries in the world and there are a lot of people out there who believe we are the worst country on Earth. If we were ever a "great" country, the Bush/Cheney administration put an end to it.

Anti-Americanism did not start with Bush 43...not even close.

Just ask Nemo

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:40 pm 
Sergeant

True, the Soviets and Chinese hated us for their own reasons, but when it comes to Middle East affairs it seems to me to be a significant turn in the tide with the invasion of Iraq. We had bad rep before in the Middle East but it just seems like the invasion of Iraq in 2003 put us over the top. We have a lot more to answer for now. And it just keeps snowballing. Making America "great again" means acting responsibly in the International community, I think. The more we fuck up (and it's Democrats too who are fucking up, big time) the more credibility we lose as a people.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next