maddogdrivethru.net

Open all night
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Trump team about Russian hacking: Move on
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:19 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Reputation points: 1780
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12 ... probe.html

Quote:
Trump team says 'move on,' after Obama calls for cyber-hacking probe

Donald Trump’s presidential transition team late Friday criticized President Obama's order for a full-scale review of campaign-season cyber-attacks allegedly linked to Russia, saying it’s “time to move on.”

Trump has been repeatedly dismissive of the intelligence community's determination that Russia sought through hacking to disrupt the U.S. election, which he won in a stunning upset over Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

“The election ended a long time ago in one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history. It's now time to move on and `Make America Great Again,’ ” the transition team said. "These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.”

The investigation ordered by Obama will be a "deep dive" into a possible pattern of increased "malicious cyber activity" timed to the campaign season, White House spokesman Eric Schultz said Friday.

On Saturday, New York Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer, the next Senate minority leader, called for the Republican-led Congress to address the issue.

“Reports of the CIA’s conclusion that Russia actively sought to help elect Donald Trump are simultaneously stunning and not surprising, given Russia’s disdain for democracy and admiration for autocracy,” Schumer said. “Senate Democrats will join with our Republican colleagues next year to demand a congressional investigation and hearings to get to the bottom of this.”

The administration probe will include looking into the email hacks that rattled the presidential campaign. It also will look at the tactics, targets, key actors and the U.S. government's response to the hacks, as well as incidents reported in past elections,.

The president ordered the report earlier in the week and asked that it be completed before he leaves office next month, Schultz said.

The Washington Post reported Friday that the CIA has concluded that Russia aimed specifically to help Trump, a Republican, win the presidency.

The Kremlin has rejected the hacking accusations.

In the months leading up to the election, email accounts of Democratic Party officials and a top Clinton campaign aide were breached, emails leaked and embarrassing and private emails posted online. Many Democrats believe the hackings benefited Trump's bid.

Schultz said the president sought the probe as a way of improving U.S. defense against cyberattacks and was not intending to question the legitimacy of Trump's victory.

Obama's move comes as Democratic lawmakers have been pushing Obama to declassify more information about Russia's role, fearing that Trump, who has promised a warmer relationship with Moscow, may not prioritize the issue.

The White House said it would make parts of the report public and would brief lawmakers and relevant state officials on the findings.

It emphasized the report would not focus solely on Russian operations or email hacks involving Clinton campaign Chairman John Podesta and Democratic National Committee accounts. The emails were made public by WikiLeaks.

Schultz said intelligence officials would be reviewing incidents going back to the 2008 presidential campaign, when the campaigns of Sen. John McCain and Obama were breached by hackers.

The intelligence community has already concluded that Russia-backed actors likely were involved in breaching and releasing the Democratic Party emails.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has denied the Russian government or any other “state parties” were the source for the 50,000 emails, which fueled weeks of embarrassing coverage for the Clinton campaign detailing behind-the-scenes discussions and arguments among advisers and family members.

Many Democrats believe the disclosures in emails stolen from Democratic Party officials and Podesta’s account benefited Trump.

Trump senior adviser Kellyanne Conway told “Fox & Friends” on Friday that Democrats “won’t learn the lessons” from the 2016 race.

"A little self-awareness would do for a team that is blaming everybody but themselves for this. It’s Bernie Sanders’ fault … It’s the alt-right’s fault," she said. "It’s … fake news’ fault. It’s Russian interference. It’s James Comey. ... How about you had no message?"

Fox News’ Chad Pergram, Jake Gibson and Catherine Herridge and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Yesterday Trump expresses his belief that this CIA analysis is just a partisan report. Of course, he did not explain why Obama did not release such partisan reports BEFORE the election...
Anyway, I am having fun seeing the "cold war warriors" staying silent when the Russian boot tramples the American Democracy. There is no problem. Let's move on... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Trump team about Russian hacking: Move on
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:27 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 14573
Fake news?

Mark Dice. America's Anchorman.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:30 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10688
What are we supposed to believe that Obama would ever do anything substantive about any foreign power doing anything they want?

Whada fuk you talkin' bout 'Russian boot trampling the American Democracy?'

Seems like Greece has a helluva lot more to worry about from the Russian boot. What has Greece, or any European puppet state of Brussels Bureacracy done to shrug off the boot lately? Oh that's right: NOTHING, a big fat NOTHING.

So why should Trump or any American leader take any sort of stand against Poutine if Europe doesn't have the balls to even have a military? Fuck all ya'll have a happy; we'll just keep doing business with the Russian thugs and helping to maintain the "balance of power" while you Euro-weenies let yourselves become completely dependent on the Russian petro-teet and simultaneously neuter and de-horn yourselves . . .

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:40 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

Let me understand something...

There is a "suspicion" or "rumor" or an "analysis" within the intelligence community that Russians tried to interfere with the American elections in order to help Trump win. Do you support a full and in depth investigation of this issue, or are you siding with Trump who supports that it is just an issue of democrats' partisanship and we should just forget about it and move on? This is the point behind this thread, and your previous and mostly irrelevant response does not enlighten me about your stance.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:01 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223
President Obama has tasked the agencies reporting to him to conduct an investigation (I think it was termed a "deep dive") into the incident, and IIRC he directed them to finish their review before his term ends.

Let's wait and see what the outcome is.
The bureacrats reporting to him should do something to earn their salary.
(And I presume that they will not mind putting in some extra hours over the Christmas/New Year's holiday to make sure it gets completed. :mrgreen: )

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:46 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant

chijohnaok wrote:
President Obama has tasked the agencies reporting to him to conduct an investigation (I think it was termed a "deep dive") into the incident, and IIRC he directed them to finish their review before his term ends.

Let's wait and see what the outcome is.
The bureacrats reporting to him should do something to earn their salary.
(And I presume that they will not mind putting in some extra hours over the Christmas/New Year's holiday to make sure it gets completed. :mrgreen: )

The outcome is clear! Trump has indirectly admitted that there is a CIA intelligence analysis which concludes that there was a deliberate Russian attempt to favor him. He just argues that these are partisan activities. If there was not any such report or if its conclusions were unclear, he would not have any reason to try to discredit it. Today we have a bipartisan group of senators pushing for Congressional hearings about these reports. At the same time, Trump's team says "let's move forward." So, I ask for your stance about these CURRENT conflicted views. And the reason I ask for it now is because I want to hear your opinion unfiltered from the influence of Trump's future rhetoric. For example, I would not be surprised if Trump will frame this bipartisan effort as a sign of the "establishment" going against him! So, should there be Congressional hearings about these intelligence reports or should we reserve such hearings for intelligence reports related to Benghazi only?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/11/politics/ ... index.html

Quote:
"Congress's national security committees have worked diligently to address the complex challenge of cybersecurity, but recent events show that more must be done," said Sens. Chuck Schumer, the incoming Senate Democratic leader, Sen. John McCain, the Armed Services Committee chairman, fellow Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, and Sen. Jack Reed, the top Armed Services Committee Democrat, in a Sunday morning statement.
"While protecting classified material, we have an obligation to inform the public about recent cyberattacks that have cut to the heart of our free society. Democrats and Republicans must work together, and across the jurisdictional lines of the Congress, to examine these recent incidents thoroughly and devise comprehensive solutions to deter and defend against further cyber-attacks."

So, do you agree with them or not?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:05 pm 
Sergeant Major

Reputation points: 16223
Not sure what you don't get about what I said.

Obama told his Administration to conduct a review.
So let them conduct their review.
When the results of the review come in we can talk further.

Once those results come back, we can look at the results, Congress can look at the results, and decide if they wish to review it further.
Until then, any further speculation is just 'blah, blah, blah".

No representations made as to the accuracy of info in posted news articles or links

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:58 pm 
First Sergeant

Reputation points: 10688
How exactly would the ruling regime in Russia influence the 2016 United States Presidential election?

Anthro: Answer question #2: How do "Climate Change models" mathematically control for the natural forces which caused the Ice Age(s) to come and go . . . repeatedly?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:54 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Quote:
Not sure what you don't get about what I said.

Obama told his Administration to conduct a review.
So let them conduct their review.
When the results of the review come in we can talk further.
Once those results come back, we can look at the results, Congress can look at the results, and decide if they wish to review it further.
Until then, any further speculation is just 'blah, blah, blah"..

What about Trump's team speculation that we should move forward because there is nothing in these intelligence reviews other than partisanship?

Do you agree with their position or speculation? Apparently, they have already concluded that there is nothing worth talking about in these intelligence reports! How do they know?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:58 am 
Gunnery Sergeant

Anthropoid wrote:
How exactly would the ruling regime in Russia influence the 2016 United States Presidential election?

By hacking and revealing private information related to democrats only.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next